My 2nd Grow - 1st Grow Journal

Blizeek

Hello and :welcome:

I am excited to do this. This is my second grow. My first grow turned out pretty good. I grew 2 707 Headband's from clones. I uploaded some pictures of the plants and nugs but never made a journal. I entered it in Nug of the Month December. It was a fun time. But now its time to grow again.

I tried building a watering helper but it didn't turn out too good. It wont be able to support 4 3gal pots. So I need to figure out something before I have to change into 3gals.

What strain is it? (4) Yoda OG Kush Clones. Getting it through a delivery service out here in CA.
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Indica Dominant
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg, I am ordering them after this post. They are probably 6 inches in red cups.
If in Veg... For how long? I am going to veg 3-4 weeks. I have a custom grow chart I am going to upload below.
If in Flower stage... For how long? 1-8 weeks depending on how they look
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor, inside one of my closets.
Soil or Hydro? CoCo.
If soil... what is in your mix? ReadyGro
If soil... What size pot? Dixie Cup to a 1gal to 3gal
Size of light? 600 Watt. Veg with 600watt MH, Bloom/Flower with 600watt HPS.
Is it aircooled? No,
Temp of Room/cab? Idk
RH of Room/cab? Idk
PH of media or res? 6.0, have a digital PH tester.
Any Pests? No, and hopefully not. I sprayed this 1 year spider insect killer inside my closet 3 days ago.
How often are you watering? 1 time a day. While in the dixie cup ill give each 1/4gal a day, in the 1gal pot ill give each 1/2 gal a day, in the 3gal pot ill give each 1/2gal a day and every now and then give each 1gal.
Type and strength of ferts used? In veg I am going to use: House and Garden - Coco A, Coca B and Roots Excelurator. Also using Super Thrive I picked up from my local Home Depot and today I am buying Silica Blast/Protekt and Flora Nectar/Sweet. You can see my grow chart pictured below. It worked perfect for my first grow. I yielded 170 grams from 2 plants.

I hope everyone will enjoy this journal as much as I am going to. :thanks:

IMAG02989.jpg

IMAG02959.jpg

IMAG03008.jpg

IMAG030210.jpg

IMAG03017.jpg

IMAG0304-11.jpg

IMAG03058.jpg

Re: My 2nd grow. 1st grow journal.

I need some suggestions..

I don't want to pull my plants out to water, but what I tried to build wont support 4 3gal pots.

Helppp!!

Re: My 2nd grow. 1st grow journal

Wow... No help from anyone.. Luckily my friend helped me and I need more nitrogen..

Thank you everyone for the help.. :(

lol. I hate it when nobody seems to give a shit. It all looks good but I'm a bit of a noob to.

Good luck

same here bob. lol.

thank you tesmp for the input. lol i ment 8 weeks of flowering. I will now skip the 1 gal and go straight into 3gal. i thought it was overwatering but i was only watering every other day and my coco is pretty dried out by the next day. i did some research and ppl say red/purple stems is cause of not enough nitrogen, and thats what my friend said when he came over and looked at them. i consider him a master grower, he got me started but hes damn hard to get a hold of cuz hes so busy. but i need to get temp and humidity reader but $$$. cali is expensive to live. the leaves are starting to straighten out and look better.

IMAG032811.jpg

IMAG03296.jpg

ok, I will take ur advice and water every 2-3 days. how long do u think before i can water more often? last grow i was able to water everyday. i was told it is impossible to over water coco..

Yes they sure are looking a better. I got this one and and I'm fairly pleased Amazon - Acu-Rite 00325 Home Comfort Monitor, Black :) it seems to work very well and is cheap. You can try and feed it some nutes just do small amounts, you don't want them to burn. I really do think it was over watering though.

oh and thank you for the link.

ohh those poor things. well it seems like your getting the under control. just skimming through random journals ill say i've seen a few plants in worse conditions than what yours are in and they got better so i hope this all works out. good job so far:cheer:

Thank you 420lady.

tesmp thank you. so what ur sway is im basically wasting nutrients and stuff? as long as my dixie cups start dripping out the bottom they are well fed? cuz i can give them each about 1 dixie cup full each time and that will make them drip. if thats the case i could use a gallon of feed for like 3-4 days of watering. if thats the case it will save me $$$.

Thank you for replying. im still learning, and i love it!!

PS just bought the temp thing from the link u gave me tesmp! :)))

ok cool thank you, i am gonna try and find a cheap humidifier. just got back from work and they look a lot better. they keep getting better everyday.

Hi and welcome Blizeek!! I would suggest from now on, never start clones in dixiecups, that just doesn't make sense to me, as they only got about 1 1/2 inch of soil to expand in. Please don't take offense to this suggestion, yet I feel the reason why they took a turn for the worse after the transplant is due to having no buffer for mistakes whatsoever. I would say starting clones out in no less than 1 gallon pots would be a better way to start off!!

Unfortunately I don't have any experience w/ coco as a growing medium, so I can't be too helpful there. The reason why I tend to grow with soil, is that it adds a nice buffer for any errors I might make during the plant's life cycle.

I feel the fellow poster made a good point as far as getting them into 3 gal. pots, and I would add to this suggestion ~ as soon as possible.

When it comes to suggestions on this site you want to take everything with a grain of salt. If a fellow poster suggests something to possibly fix your situation, check out his or her's own journal, and see how their plants are doing. If they're looking strong and healthy, then YES, I would most likely take their suggestion, but if they have sad looking plants, or plants with issues and do not look healthy, it's probably not a good idea to take their suggestions, as they're struggling themselves.

I would look into a nutrient line from a company called Ionic. They make nutrients that one adds to straight up tap water, and they claim it pH balances the water out if you follow their feeding instructions. They even make a line for "hard water" as well. Their affordable in my opinion as well. I actually use their standard grow, bloom, and PK boost nute line up, but still pH balance w/ up/down and a digi pH pin.

Well I've written quite a bit, so I'll stop for now L0L!!

Peace,

LT

:welcome:

thank you LT, i will look into Ionic. I am gonna go into 3gals soon. idk how soon, but soon.

lol tesmp, i looked at ur journal those babies look beautiful. good job

From reading what you have wrote up top you are overwatering bro. For one, 1/4 a gallon is to much for a Dixie cup on any watering schedule. You need to prob only use 1/4 a Dixie cup full of water every 2-4 days. Play around and fill just a little bit of a cup pore it in there and see if it comes out of your drainage holes at the bottom, if it doesn't do a little more till you get it to have a little run off. Then don't even think about watering till the cup feels really light and the soil is dry for at least two knuckles on your finger (put your finger in when the lights just come on because if they have been on a whole the top layer will be dry). I would also recommend getting a way to read temp and humidity and make sure they are within the acceptable range. I would go from these Dixie cups straight into there final 3 gallon home in a few weeks and skip the 1 gallon transplant. Also flowering time will never take 1-8 weeks, expect a min of 7 more like 8-9. And good luck! Oh and like you said up top that it was a nitrogen deficiency I prob wouldn't give them any nutrients just yet try correct the watering issue and see what happens in the next few days.

Check this out tesmp, i watered this morning and its so dried out all ready. lights will be on for another hour.

IMAG03318.jpg

yea they are hungry. lol they must be high. ok well either tomorrow or Wednesday im gonna transplant them into 3 gals. thank you for your help.

tesmp whats the point of that thing u built with the pipes? scrog i think u called it?

damn that sounds amazing!! i don't kno if i have that kind of time on my hands to do that. but it sounds awesome. damn the more i think about it the more i want to try it.

weird, above i see an add for aqua lab technologies, i just approved their application for credit card processing like 3 weeks ago.

hah, well i can always turn my ballast down to 75% or 50%. but im going to try and transplant them today

I just raised my like like 6 inches. so hopefully that might help a little

Back
Top Bottom