My cheap system of cloning

closetorganic

5751.JPG

I took these 5 cuttings on halloween and had success with a cheap different way than my previous used gel put in plug and put that in moist ffof soil in solo cup with skewer andput clones in with 2 nodesburried and i scraped a little in between those nodes them sprayed with waterand put a 1 gal ziplok for the dome on each that was also misted inside Sum were only misted up in the bag once every other day basically when the bag looked dry very seldom 2 x a day put rite under 2 mothers canopys at 16/8 under t5s
5751.JPG

Re: My cheapsystem of cloneing

hey
i haven't made it to clone stage unfort. i have had to use seed starts and hate it. i know how to start the seeds at least but I am not a "patient individual". I started three in peritlie in a dome with t12. my dome is tall like maybe built for clones? IDK i just buy what i was told would def work. (i got husseled) if i grow from seed to top of dome i will encounter stretching. i think it is ideal for clones. true? I also have heard 24on again imo IT SEEMS A GROWING SEEDLING NEEDS REST TO GROW LARGER STRONGER AND FASTER... BASICALLY I need these to work i have tried random grab bag from friend so no clue strain wise, the 3 lastnight in dome r for sure of the higher end again this is personal finding. i have autoflower n route but i REALLY NEED THESE THREE TO BE HEALTHY strong ... i said alot on your question sorry. people helping people is what its all about right?
BEST OF LUCK I LIKE THE CREATIVITY

hey there
that tall dome is probly mostly for clones needing humidity.You could use it for sprouting seeds to keep humidity up also but need ventilation after they pop. Seeds will stretch for light I don't think the dome causes it and should be off before they hit the top. I think plants need dark rest too. 18/6 for veg and 12/12 for budding Heat is a prob in closets and the longer lights burn the more heat. I wish I could help with your DWc SETUP (very nice) I'm in soil. I wish I didn't have to use tap water and you really shouldn't either if you are.That will help ph probs maybe using distilled or ro water.

thanks yeah i had to use tap water tonigt luckily the nuts have a buffer that makes up for any "MISCALCULATION" workin on it now... dealing w/parents

These clones all survived and finally got transplanted to almost 2 gal pots and put under 18/6 lite at about3 weeks They did alright had spidermites b4 the transplant . They are the worst pest problem for me so far. Fungas nats are nothing to them. My local didnt hava that SNS 217 I got a different rosemary spray for now till I can order some. The 3 bigger ones I tryed LST for the first time on like 3 days ago and they responded well. The 2 smaller ones I just did the Fim topping on thinking that mite have been the best for them because hopefully they will all begin flower in 2 weeks
I had to remove those 2 different unkown mothers to give the clones better light. I dont have enough space and light for them and need to keep my little grow moving along I dont enjoy running out of meds.

this one was just fimd it kind of looks like LST to
110107.JPG

Re: My cheapsystem of cloning

I would like to transplant to 5 gal pots at flower start and maybe rite from the start manipulate their lite for extra growth under the HPS Kinda like at 16/12
Lights are on at 8am to midnite now. Im thinking under HPS at 12/14 8am-midnite 12/15 noon-4am(12/16) then 4pm-8am 12/17 and 8pm -12 noon 12/18 then midnite - 4pm 12/19 4am 12/20 - 8 pm and back to 8am to 8pm 12/21 I think thats 24 more hours of lite in that time
I never tried it and dont know if this will work but will try it unless Im persuaded a different way. I was also wondering if I should put a metalhalide bulb in this first week too. I need to start flowering and am just looking for the best yeild possible

Looking nice man!!!! You posted something about your clones wilting over and you sprayed/ mist to bring back.... 12-01-12 23:51 the first pic. That is exactly what middle portion of my clone from dead P#1 looks. What did you use just Ph'd H2O? the book says NO FERTILIZERS! I HAVE ONE IN THE DOME THAT IS FROM SEED N 3 CLONES. THE CLONES CAN TAKE THE NUTRIENTS, RIGHT? ALSO....THE SEEDLING IS STRETCHING installed a fan into my dome. not really doin much to help with radius of stem. Suggestions? What did you doi/use?
if you would b so king to share....
THANKS YOU'RE THE DUDED... DUDE

Yeah Ive had dead looking clones make it after days of spraying just tap water that sometimes was dechlorinated or not. never phd. when the growth tip/s look dead then their recycled usually within 2 weeks Im knowing whats gonna make it
I have to remind IM as new here to 420 as I am new 2 successful harvests . Those plants above were strong clones from a big mother and never wilted only sprayed with tap. the next clones I took were from s dif strain mother and were w/o bags for a dome just open and all wilted as of now 4 of 6 are left and I thinkthem4 will survive. I did from very begining spray with lite fertilzer like drops because I read somewhere? fresh clones mite be helped to maybe slow down nutrients being drawn from the lower fans. Im useing GenOrg biothrive vegan grow n biothrive vegan bloom I foliar misted them like 5 6 days It stunk spraying them and switched to tap again. Anyways they look sad next time cloneing I will dome them.
My thought on your seedling is your lite ise too high maybe.I think the stem will thicken with more and bigger leaves keep wind on it still enough to see movement and I read somewhere not all the time either maybe with lites on n off deal
post a picture of them I would like to see
thanks for interest in my grow and asking 4 suggestions from me Im just telling ways Ive done Its always good to check my suggetions with another source
DUDUD DUDE? whatever you say Ronald McIneedTHISplz

I took a look at some of the attempted save of P#1 and the top had deeveloped grey mold....disected studied and disposed of.....
the middle is hanging in there dropped leaves but did curl up towards light a bit last night.....
the bottm one (clone) and the last seedling i have from my stash. i've done basically exactly like u said, i've heard some hear and a little there. I took off lid spaced em out put in tray n add water in morning, have cpu fan run 24/7 along with the shop light... should i 18/6? 12/12? what do you think i will get pics up today.

Did you see that mold with out your magnifier thing (one of several things on my want list) Ive never seen or noticed mold yet It might be from too high temps or humidity and I think spores can come by air or touch too. I will try and look for a cheap organic control way but they sell products for mold mildewand fungus control Just keep eye on the others
A long time ago I used 4' 2 bulb shop lite close to plants like 6" with fan blowing heat off light 24 hours should be good maybe till your big light is used,My t5 light gets hotter and I got mine at 18/6 I looked at your gallery pics can that big light raise higher it looks at about 4 to 5 feet high That would shorten veg for you with your grow system cuz those plants will Grow Mad when things work out for you Oh did you ever know sex of them b4 disaster? You said 2 might be girls was one of those the late P 1 ?

yea the 2 female was an assumption based on the pictures used as reference. P#1 was the strongest and showed most potential. In my DWC it was first bucket off the res. did mess up the Ph few weeks back and had to flush with H2O2... cleaned the system out nicely but it didn't clean up the P#1 obviously.

Yeah i when i ordered the boook from amazon i got A LITTLE 60X 100 MICROSCOPE.... WOW I FIND MYSELF JUST AMAZED LOOKING AT THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF CRYSTALS, HAIRS, ETC.... So yes that is how i was able tyo see the fungus/mold it is nasty!

Nirvana came thru.....
I CAN NOT WAIT UNTIL 2013..... WILL BE A NICE ONE;.

heres an update with pics on those clones and their status now. The first 2 fimmd I nearly killed. Mite damage was noticed
(no magnifier for early detection yet) And I wasnt able to order or find taht SNS 217 talked about so found what I thought mite be similar w/rosemary Rasta Bobs death mite I spray w/ lights on (badbadbad) check nex day and burned bad I thought those little girls would die. Im afraid to use again so yesterdayabout a week later used epsoma earth tone insect on every plant in my grows at lights out. No damage at all just an oily substance coating, I still would like to get SNS 217 someday. The other 3 werent affected to bad some lite burned blotches and I never took a picture but the 2 little ones made it and here they are now the first 2
013422.JPG

011504.JPG

Those pics were after most of the fans burned were plucked and sum just thinned I wish I could flower the second one now For my grow shes ready
This one was my smaller Lst and before pic was nearly defoliated of damaged leaves from mites and burns
012440.JPG

My bigger LSTs are in flower day 1 today
006789.JPG

I put my 2 mothers in too with them because they got too big and Im short on space and light

Back
Top Bottom