My DIY EZ-Cloner (really good way to clone)

From King Ralph's thread, Post #18
...these are the Mister 320 sprayers, 320 degree misters once suggested by lothar for aero tubes, got them at betterthannature.com. any 300 degree or more mister is gonna be what you want.

I checked the site. They don't have that one but they have a 350 degree sprayer that looks like it will do the trick "Sprinkler Mister 16 to 24 GPH"
$1.46 USD a pop.

Hope this helps.

In the pic he says these spinning sprayer heads are rainbird but I can't find any like the ones in the pic.
12203aerocloner.jpg

Anyone know which spray heads work the best / clog the least, or where to get ones like in the photo?

comments, opinions & suggestions always welcome

What about the clone machines like the hydrofarm hot house? I want to get a perpetual setup and i am trying to figure out what I am going to use as far as cloning and rooting after germination. Might buy a small tent for it but I think the 32 gal might be too large. Like someone said real estate is important so is there a GOOD tutorial for a small cloner say 15 or 20 gal with parts list?

Happy new parent of clones this set up works great had a 100% rooting in the cloning tub I made. I used 180 degree sprayers tried the 360 but did not like them. I ran a little nitrogen and clonex did not ph the water till the roots started to show they are outside it took 2 weeks to root because of the cool weather but now they are all just going for it had great succes so will try differnt methods. a coulple in soil, a couple in hydro in hydrotons and pearlite
found that my plants liked the combination over just hydrotons. I am reusing the hydrotons I sterilize them in my solar oven to a temp of 350 degree rinse and ph them and they are good to go and no chems. a couple in aeroponics new to aeroponics but will try and see what works best for me.
time for chores.
DIY CLONER THE ONLY WAY TO GO

The black water nozzles on the pvc pipes that spray water in a fine mist pattern - what exactly are those called and where did you get them?

I can get all the other parts easily but I need to find those.

RandyL
You should be able to go to a Home Depot in LA and go to the plumbing dept.
They're in with the irrigation sprinkler parts.
Some guys may know of another head that doesn't get clogged so easlily.
I'm not sure where you find them.
Any grow shop should have that.
You can also put a painters 5 gal screeen (for spray rigs) around your intake and this will help filter out misc from getting inot the system

Yes, I went by my local Home Depot and found the nozzles. D.I.G., model number 112B. 360 degree nozzles, and they have 180 and 90 degree versions also.

I already have an 18 gallon tub from Target, and a neighbor may give me a pump to use, so I'll have to pick up a few PVC elbows and a 10/32 drill and tap for the nozzles to thread into the PVC, and I'll be set to try it out.

Perfectly serviceable, but a bit more complex than a personal use grower needs.

I found 6 liter plastic storage boxes (think large shoe box) at the Dollar Tree. They are big enough for 1-2 10" air stones, which is more than enough O2 for root development. It can also be used for starter seedlings. Plus being small, you don't need much water/diluted nutes.

Back
Top Bottom