My First Grow - Is This Normal?

Funny you mentioned this as Granch was watering each day and did say to water it when I took these pictures but told him it was fine,
So the leaves can brown out then if watering to much and not allowing time to dry out.

yessiree! Over watering is a big problem for the first time grower. It's almost as big of a problem as over fertilizing the soil they're in.

Aww, sorry to hear about losing the male. The pics of yours look amazing! Really close to having a nice harvest there, muh mate!

I think it was best it had died as it weren't like I was going to cross it with a female.
Yeah getting so excited and this is the time not to rush things and chop early. According to the seed packet 9wks but can finish in 8wks but have to check with microscope a.s.a.p tonight.
The Cheese has also come around too and I'd like to thank you again for all the help and advice as without it i'd have definitely had culled them to start again.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forum Runner

yessiree! Over watering is a big problem for the first time grower. It's almost as big of a problem as over fertilizing the soil they're in.

Yeah from what I'm learning your So right and it's important that I help him over the next 4wks when flowering starts outdoors and need to find out when it does start.

Hehehe, I'm know for babying plants back to health... to my detriment, even! I'm hlad that things were able to turn 'round for you, too!

Yeah course you do learn and get better,
Same here and I reckon 1.5oz of echo cheisel and 1oz from the cheese.
Big bud 2.oz and have started to keep check on new growth down the lower stems.

Telescope view of triches.
The 1st Cheisel was cloudy and the 2nd was more milky and the Cheese was mostly clear.
I was thinking of chopping the 1st Cheisel which is cloudy tomorrow but will take some close up Macro shots first so I can get your view if bats ok m8. As I was hoping to have it chopped on the 18August@8wks but obviously due to health problems lol.
Of to sort some nice photos. :) ;-)

Hehehe, I'm know for babying plants back to health... to my detriment, even! I'm hlad that things were able to turn 'round for you, too!

Yeah I too am So glad things are turning out to be great Thanks to you and your Great knowledge, love and understanding the cannabis grow and also not forgotten sharing your love with others to also learn as you have and to be honest I wouldn't k ow where I was if it weren't for your help. Thanks again Dude.

Pictures week 8 of flower Cheisel, Week 7 Cheese and Big Bud 5-6 weeks(I think lol)
Thinking of chopping the 1 Cheisel to get that classic speedy high buzz!! Any thoughts on the ratio's please as most of the Triches are cloudy, A few are turning from clear to cloudy. Now there is a slight hint of amber on the tops of colas, but nowhere near enough for the couch lock effect.

SAM_4137.JPG
SAM_4134.JPG
SAM_4132.JPG
SAM_4131.JPG
SAM_4128.JPG
SAM_4127.JPG
SAM_4126.JPG
SAM_4117.JPG
SAM_40501.JPG
SAM_4041.JPG
SAM_4050.JPG
SAM_4048.JPG
SAM_4039.JPG
SAM_4037.JPG

'GOD DAMN PH issue' in soil A cure!! Now do i flush with fresh water and also should i defoliate a bit more than i have?????
I have taken a picture but for some reason it's nowhere to be found as when i upload from camera i delete everything on the camera and there are a few not on here!!! Got to clean up this laptop and Back it up(Stress lol)

Ps I am having trouble uploading pictures and it's saying something about my graphics is not big enough and to try again??

Side note about distance from my lamp light, I was thinking of concentrating the main spectrum over the 2 nearest to finish and have it as close as i can before i go away on Sunday as ill have to have it further away as usual as i wanna try and speed up the lower buds and what about growth swelling @ this stage?? I mean are they still swelling out?? As i know their getting more stickier and thicker Trichomes but weren't sure of this. So it made me inquisitive thus the reason to ask.

Purple strains, now this purple color is new to me(Or i have never really noticed the purple) And taking a while to get used to it, But will say that 1 plant that started of indoor and finished of outdoor during the spring time was giving of a nasty smell from the trichomes and was giving me headaches but that plant was confused to fook and i know these ain't Nothing at all like that poor confused plant.
But i have already had a tester of the Chiesel 1 and the first smoke was ok as my Mrs pulled it of the bud as it was too sticky or so she thought(It was dried out properly but never cured it in a jar), BUT when i used the grinder AWW My God Jandre2K3 the smell and the flavor was TOTALLY DIFFERENT from the bud and smelled AWESOME. I could smell the hints of cheese and then also the Diesel (more known as K2 here in the U.K i think and was wondering is this right that K2 is known as Diesel??????????)

First off... Diesel is in fact a form of kerosine. K1 is used in small heating appliances, and K2 is used in powering motor-driven vehicles. So that is correct.

Now about the plants... They are looking VERY close to done... 5-9 days out MAX. You may want to chop on your last day in town after giving one last look, and hang while out. I know it's humid there, so it may take 1 week to snap the stems anyway.

First off... Diesel is in fact a form of kerosine. K1 is used in small heating appliances, and K2 is used in powering motor-driven vehicles. So that is correct.

Now about the plants... They are looking VERY close to done... 5-9 days out MAX. You may want to chop on your last day in town after giving one last look, and hang while out. I know it's humid there, so it may take 1 week to snap the stems anyway.

So do you think I should chop the 1 today as that way I don't have to waist more money for meds to take on holiday??
Then I can harvest the other Cheisel the day I go??.
Does this make sense as both Cheisel 1&2 are ready for harvest if I was after a speedy hyper buzz is this correct my friend???
But I do want to wait for Amber Triches as I love the couch lock weed lol.

What do you think about the Cheese?? I mean did you also mean that the Cheese is also near enough ready too????

Yeah i do agree about waiting a few days and specifically the importance of achieving full potency and that was what i didn't actually consider unfortunately i harvested only the 1 Cheisel as i had a lil tester 5days ago and it did smoke great and i was totally happy including the Mrs. She(the Mrs) was happy for the 1 to be harvested as she/we didn't want to have to spend more money on weed anymore than we have(Will be keeping a lot more bud this time) but i do have the bigger 1 and the Cheese which i'll post some pictures and a smoke and picture report as those nugs were big? for me 2nd grow.:cheer:
:peace:

Harvesting and curing: Now what texture am i looking for before i can put them in my sealed Jar for a few hours each time before i burp the jars??

As the smaller buds/stems are snapping (35% wet nearly there) but the larger colas and thick stems/trunks are still damp 75% wet i reckon.
I assume that by drying them outside my GR hanging in attick i assume they will take longer to dry but i'm assuming the Buds/Colas will dry out better??
But as i am going away tomrrow afternoon i don't want to leave it to long and dry out too much!!

Cheisel 2 and Cheese Harvesting time??
I am thinking of just chopping the bigger colas and then leaving the smaller ones to be done properly as the main colas and buds are looking to be nearly done on the Cheese as i accidently knocked a smaller bud of and it was know where near done But the main ones have swelled up nicely.

Excellent question.

My method:

Hang to dry and a dark ventilated place until the stem snaps.
Cut off stem, trim excess, put in glass canister-type jars.
let sit in Jar for about 24 hours. Open 16 hours. Close 10. open8. smell, fluff, feel.
Close 48 hours. Open 10 hours. Close 24 hours. Open, fluff, smell inspect for curing. Insert Hygrometer, and close for at least 4 hours. Read Hygrometer. Magic Number is 65% to 68%. Above that open for 4 hours at a time, then close 4 hours and read again. DO NOT let it get below 60%. Once 65% is reached, leave closed for a month, only opening to smell, fluff, feel once per day. If any damp spots happen, REMOVE damp bud, and let jar sit open 2 hours at least.

Once 65% is stable and does not fluctuate at all, leave closed indefinitely for 2 months, and up to 6 months for a good, long cure.

The reason to SLOWLY dry your bud is to let chlorophyll and liquid pigments evaporate off with the water in the bud. If bud dries too quickly the chlorophyll does not have time to exit the plant material before it dries. This will cause a harsh, bitter taste, and can ruin even the highest quality bud.

Final cure hygrometer reading can be in a range of 55% to 65%, never below or above. Below, will give a very crispy, airy feel and will burn like paper. Above is risking mold... need I say more on that one?

Good luck on your first real cure. If you follow the 65%-68% guideline, you'll have a very high quality smoke after the cure.

Be well, my friend.

Now that's what we want tho is high quality bud and it seems so this time round yahoo as the Cheisel is omg so nice and a night time smoke with that in mind as it's getting me lean and nearly white'ed lol awesome tho as I can smoke no paranoia too but very rarely get that now.

I will take a good few pictures of the product as I am very happy with the final weight and all in all nearly 5.5 oz of Cheisel from 2 plants but the Cheese needed to be left another week and got an 1 Oz of Cheese but a lot of younger bud still left and hope o get another half Oz when I harvest the rest of the younger buds. Nice smoke but looks scraggly tho but also a smooth smoke as all were flushed nicely and properly not like all this commercial bud that recently gave me a mouth full of perfume taste like I my mouth lo.

Grandads outdoor grow.
He was upset and think he is still watering a lot whilst I was o holiday but will go check o it each and every day @ this stage but carefully as of my Big Bud soil grow.

Starting my 3rd grow:
Cleaning Hydroton clay pebbles?
Now I have pulled up the main root ball and am thinking to use a 5gal bucket and tip back and forth and taking plant matter out during process.

Now I don't want to waist my buying new like last time as I need to talk about Nutrient packs.
Now the 1 nutrients you and by the way I Love your growth results you get. I could not see if A) they ship to the U.k and B) how much it cost thus if it would be worth it or if not what others you think I should go with??
Im thinking not to have a 2 part A&b veg & bloom as of the simplicity of it as I just wanna do this with as much simplicity as possible. Would love to hear your thoughts as we(the Mrs and I) want to get the next 1 on lol.
Bear in my Big Bud no.2 female in soil has about 2-3weeks and will post some pictures as I could be wrong as it's swelling up IBM some parts now.

Ohh by the way Grandad's grow has started flowering and I reported 2week before it started budding and hope it goes well.

Harvesting and curing: Now what texture am i looking for before i can put them in my sealed Jar for a few hours each time before i burp the jars??

As the smaller buds/stems are snapping (35% wet nearly there) but the larger colas and thick stems/trunks are still damp 75% wet i reckon.
I assume that by drying them outside my GR hanging in attick i assume they will take longer to dry but i'm assuming the Buds/Colas will dry out better??
But as i am going away tomrrow afternoon i don't want to leave it to long and dry out too much!!

Cheisel 2 and Cheese Harvesting time??
I am thinking of just chopping the bigger colas and then leaving the smaller ones to be done properly as the main colas and buds are looking to be nearly done on the Cheese as i accidently knocked a smaller bud of and it was know where near done But the main ones have swelled up nicely.
Chiesel is in my top 5 should've subbed earlier

Back
Top Bottom