My Search For Sundrops

I reformulated my long term plans to break it into chunks for myself. (Admittedly probably just to reduce my own anxiety 🤣), so here is my grow plan:

Finish MACdawg F1
Grow Cannatonic CBD, pollenate with MD #9
Grow MACdawg F2, collect pollen and create F3
Grow TW/NL5, pollenate with MD F2 pollen
Grow (ON Haze/OG Haze x NL2), collect pollen and create F2
Grow Shorties seeds, pollenate with Hazes/NL2

Since I won plant of the month, and Herbies seeds were kind enough to exchange the prize for their Cannatonic CBD and Chocolate Thai, I will run the Cannatonic next. My brother from another mother started having seizures last year (still running tests on him), and I am going to grow that next for him. Also, maybe I can try to breed a 1:1 thc:cbd strain down the road🤷‍♂️

Just so you guys can understand my notes, here is a legend:

MD #9 = MACdawg #9, aka Maximus, the only male in the pack from Greenpoint Seeds.
TW/NL5 = Trainwreck x Northern Lites (notice the spelling) #5 from Authentic Genetics
ON Haze/OG Haze x NL2 = Todd McCormick's own haze backcross mixed with Northern Lites #2, Authentic Genetics.
Shortie's seeds = Strawberry Fantasy F2/S1, (how ever you want to label it) from Bodhi

For those curious, the distinguishment between Northern Lites vs Lights denotes the difference in lines with Lites being the original Seattle genetics and Lights being made famous by Nevil Schoenmakers

Just for shits and giggles, here's my name for the 3 crosses:

Sundrops = TW/NL5 x MACdawg
The FOG = Strawberry Fantasy x ON/OH haze/NL2
Jade Elixir = Cannatonic CBD x MACdawg

Also, maybe I can try to breed a 1:1 thc:cbd strain down the road🤷‍♂️
In my view, you're better off growing two different strong single cannabinoid heavy strains and then mixing and matching after harvest.

I have three mothers each producing about 15% of their major cannabinoid, one each CBD, CBG, and THC.

I've been playing around with mixes (mostly dust and now gummies) like equal weights of the three, or an 80% CBD, 10% each of the others, another 40% CBD, 40% CBD-a, 5% each CBG/CBG-a, THC/THC-a, etc.

Gives me ultimate flexibility and allows for others with different tolerances to mix 'n match for their ideal combination as well.

Most of the 1:1 strains that I've seen are at pretty low levels, less than 10% each side. I prefer to have more power in the medicine.

In my view, you're better off growing two different strong single cannabinoid heavy strains and then mixing and matching after harvest.

I have three mothers each producing about 15% of their major cannabinoid, one each CBD, CBG, and THC.

I've been playing around with mixes (mostly dust and now gummies) like equal weights of the three, or an 80% CBD, 10% each of the others, another 40% CBD, 40% CBD-a, 5% each CBG/CBG-a, THC/THC-a, etc.

Gives me ultimate flexibility and allows for others with different tolerances to mix 'n match for their ideal combination as well.

Most of the 1:1 strains that I've seen are at pretty low levels, less than 10% each side. I prefer to have more power in the medicine.
This is the kind of knowledge/info that I needed! Also just sent you a message with a KNF question🤣

Herbies has thier Cannatonic listed at about 6:16 thc:cbd
I was hoping to create something in the teens at a 1:1 ratio, not strong meds, but something for my non-smoking brother to try and also something for the household to use as a monthly "tbreak" in a sense.

Just because I love taking shots of the plants!

20240309_083443.jpg

20240309_083504.jpg

20240309_083638.jpg

Whole tent
20240309_083746.jpg

Back
Top Bottom