Mystery seeds day 33 12/12

Lower transpiration. They do it so you have less surface area of leaf to loose water through. I've seen people do and not do it both succesfull

Could you break that down a little more, it is so the plant uses lesss water? I don't think that sounds right, does water the plant take up evaporate through the leaves? I don't fully understand what you are saying..and does this apply to soil and hydro? thanks bro :peace:

yes exactly. They loose water through their leaves through the stomatas on the underside. These stomotas operate automatically and will release what they believe is excess water not knowing that the plant has no root system to replenish it. When cloning the only way the plant has to obsorb water is through the leaf untill roots develope so you don't want vital water escaping. So many growers cut the leaf in half to slow down the rate of water loss. Yes its the same hydro or soil

Hey Virtualhamst, what size pots are those 3 gal? also are those clones or all started from seed? thanks my brother peace!

They're actually in 2lt pop bottles, it was more or less to try and see how well it would work. I'm pretty sure they got root bound pretty quick so i prolly wont be using them as pots anymore, next grow i plan on using some of those huge water jugs you see on water coolers, i think they're 18.9L or something close to it. They're also all from seed. I have soooo many random bagseeds its not fit haha, close to 3 or 4 hundred anyway. I just got a pile that are suposed to be northern lights, so i might give them a go next.

So me and my gf we're sitting around when we realized we had a broken hookah and decided to make a home-made bong with it. We shall call her "franken-bong" lol

IMG-20120402-00986.jpg

So are these just random bag seed? and one other thing, were these clones, the reason I ask they look so small to be budding...how'd ya do that, start with a 12/12? :peace:

They're all from seed, popped 6 seeds and they all ended up being female so i consider myself pretty lucky haha. They veg'd for maybe a week or so before i put em in 12/12, i think the small pots didnt help either :p

The reason I ask is, minus the flowers I'm (still in veg) I have a couple that look like that, so it gives me hope, mine came from mid to low grade weed, but the fact that each bud only had a seed or two made me think it could have potential. All mine are ready for flower, problem is money, I need a new ballast and 600W bulb LOL so they will veg for another week.

pretty much all cloudy, with the odd clear and the odd amber, 1 or 2 are more like 20/80 amber/cloudy. i'm prolly going to let them run their cycle tomorrow for the 12 hours and then give them a good flush, and let them sit for 24 hours then chop em down. But then i was also thinking about just cutting the tops off and seeing what the bottoms would give me in another week or so, but 1 or 2 are already starting to show signs of going hermie on me so i'm not sure if that much stress would be worth it.

Edit: by "let them sit for 24 hours" i mean in the dark haha :roorrip:

So i cut all of the tops off yesterday, and they are all hanging to dry, i let the rest of the plants keep going (all of the bottoms) and i ended up with 150.4g as a wet weight from just the tops. I plan on letting the rest of them go for another few days, maybe a week or two all depends how they progress lol.

the bag seed probably resulted from a herm plant, making herm seed, not good for breeding. and not good for seedless meds. could have been stressed into from lack of light? maybe if the light was stronger there would be less stamens or none? but i'm betting the plant that u found the stamens on an any clones from it will herm. any seed related to it needs to be watched for "bananas". im currently goin thru bag seed and goin thru the slow process of veging out cloning flower and see. but as vegin i forgot to add fresh water for a few days and ppm levels spiked. ouch, havnt lost them yet tho. i'm afraid they are herm or just lame weak genetics just by looking at them. one looks promising time will tell

Back
Top Bottom