Nearing week 3 of growth, should i be thinking of nutes?

chilly3983

hi guys, im getting to the stage where i should be adding nutes to my girls
i have bio bizz top mix and bio bizz heaven..i know top mix is meant to be used at the start of planting, but i forgot about it and wondered if i could use it with the bio heaven. i have pics but for some reason it wont allow me to load them to this post..they are in my gallery if you would care to look.

link below :thumb:

thanks for feedback
if you have the time.

week two - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

I believe you have atleast 2 weeks before starting nutes are you at your fifth node yet? I'd wait till then or until you start to see a lack of nourishment... you may not need to start them for even longer... soil provides nutrients for your plants.

depending on the soil really. you will start to see it.

watch those little leaves on the bottom. the cotyledons. google it if you dont know which ones im talking about.

when they start to go pale. then you should be thinking about starting on 1/4 str nutes. slowly ramping up over a week or two to full str.

feed... then water next time, repeat.

if you start to notice the tips of your leaves going yellow/brown, and crunch. you are feeding too much. if they go yellow and soft, not feeding enough. (or it could be PH issues, but this is assuming your ph is fine)

its better to underfeed than over feed. they will live for weeks with zero food. but you can stunt and significatly harm them or kill them quickly if you feed to much.

if everything is green. and you start to notice burnt tips, just back off a little. water twice in a row, instead of feeding on the second time. then back off 10-20% on your nutes for your next feed.

hope this helps. any more questions ask away :)

hi guys, im getting to the stage where i should be adding nutes to my girls
i have bio bizz top mix and bio bizz heaven..i know top mix is meant to be used at the start of planting, but i forgot about it and wondered if i could use it with the bio heaven. i have pics but for some reason it wont allow me to load them to this post..they are in my gallery if you would care to look.

What you have are not Fertilizers, they are additives.

Top Max is an organic stimulant for flowering, not for planting.

Heaven is supposed to improve the effect of nutrients and "rid the plant of toxins".

You have been badly advised as far as nutrients are concerned.

Here are your pictures (from Nov 10)

DSC_005617.JPG

DSC_005311.JPG

Thanks guys,
I am going to upload a few pictures later...a fee of my girls are showing signs of yellowing tips and lines on the leaves..5he pics will show what I mean....
I have not added any nutes, my soil ph is a little high around 7.0/7.3 and I cant seem to get the to drop, any tips on how I can reduce the ph levels...I know this is my first attempt but dont want to throw in the towel and admit defeat just yet.
thanks in advance

As it turns out i dont have any nute,s apart from what was in the soil when purchased. i do have bio bizz top max and bio bizz heaven.but they are additives..what would you recommend? (uk market)

due to slowed growth, and yellow tips, it could be PH. although the range you specify isnt really much to worry about. my assumption would be the soil you used is a little bit hot for her. what kind of soil are you using?

if the soil is too hot, i would say just ride it out and see how it goes. it doesnt look like shes too stressed out.

lastly for PH adjusting, if you can get a hold of dolomite lime (sold in many plant stores, or even seasonal sections of supermarkets sometimes) it works amazingly well.

i am using levingtons mpc with added john innes.....i have not added anything else to it apart from filtered tap water..thats why im confused...any feed back would be greatly appreicated

"levingtons mpc" not familiar with it. however, i assume mpc stands for multipurpose compost.

if so. we have found your problem :), soil is too hot.

dont feed for probably 5-6 weeks, or until you see robust growth happening.

next time, dont use compost, its too nutrient rich for your little babies and will actually inhibit growth (or sometimes kill them.. feed them to death!) until they are big enough to use the nutrients to their advantage

On the money nibec..it is multi purpose..so I should not feed them any nutes for a few more weeks? These are autoseeds and eith that they only have a short seed to flower time, 8 weeks, for 2 of the 5 I have growing.the other's are 12 weeks. I think on my next grow I will only try with 2/3 and not 5

due to their stunted growth, you may not get as much of a return out of her. autos in general dont like to be overfed at all.

due to the fact they have a set time frame from start to finish, ANYTHING that slows them down will hurt your yield.

i have weekly pics on this journal. it was a 8 week auto. Red Dwarf Auto - 400 CMH .

Dont give up on your girls, just dont feed them anything until they start to look hungry, or you risk setting them back even more.

next time use a soil that doesnt have compost or added nutrients to start your girls in. my favorite and what was used in that journal was sunshine pro #4. readily available at most garden shops, or even occasionally walmart. pretty common stuff, and is inexpensive. then dont feed for the first 3-4 weeks. wait until they ask for it :).

you will still get a pretty good return if all does well from here on.

Back
Top Bottom