Think Different - 2 plants - Day 21 - No nutes given - Yellow new growth

Irish Automan

CAN ANY BODY HELP ME TELL ME WHAT THE PROBLEM IS HERE, MY PLANTS WERE LOOKING REALLY HEALTHY UNTILL THIS WEEK, I HAVE ONLY BEEN GIVING THEM SMALL AMOUNTS OF WATER EVERY WATERING WHEN I FEEL POT IS LIGHT AND HAVE GAVE THEM SOOM ROOT JUICE, IVE NOTICED REALLY BRIGHT YELLOW LEAFS ONLY ON THE NEW GROWTH, IT CANT BE NUTE BURN AS I HAVEN FED THEM YET AND ANOTHER THAT IM USING ALL ORGANIC NUTES SO U CANT REALLY BURN, AND HELP IS APPRECIATED
20150810_181424.jpg
20150809_213002.jpg
20150809_212949.jpg
20150810_181414.jpg
20150809_213104.jpg

IM USING BIO BIZZ ALL MIX SOIL IM ON DAY 21 AND I HAVE NOT ONCE GAVE THEM A FEED OF NUTES YET ONLY BIO BIZZ ROOT JUICE 1ML PER LITRE, IM USING
18LTR POTS
BIO BIZZ ALL MIX SOIL
BIO ROOT JUICE
BIO GROW
BIO HEAVEN
BIO BLOOM
AND TOP MAX
1METER BY 1 METER TENT
MY PH TAP WATER THAT I LEAVE FOR 24 HOURS PLUS TO LEAVE OFF ANY CHEMICALS IS AROUND 6.4 TO 6.8 I DONT CHECK RUN OFF AS ITS SOIL IM DOING
600 WATT DUEL SPECTRUM HPS LIGHT,
MY HEAT IS OK BETWEEN 22 LIGHTS OFF AND 28 LIGHTS ON
HUMIDITY IS BETWEEN 40 AND 55

IF THERE IS ANHTHING ELSE I FORGOT LET ME NO THANKS

First, please don't use caps to type. It's difficult to read. Second, any pics without the hps?

ok sorry about the caps, no i do not have any pics with the lights off at the minute, lights are on now so it would be tomoro b4 i can get them

Could be Manganese
Growth slows. Younger leaves turn pale yellow, often starting between veins. May develop dark or dead spots. Leaves, shoots and fruit diminished in size. Failure to bloom.

What about your soil? Is drainage good? Not packed too tight, not clumpy, not limiting root growth? How long does it take for soil to dry?

thanks for the reply ya drainage if fine, i have extra holes put in the pot before i started and has about 30 % mix with perlight, soil is not clumpy in any way it was fine going in, i water them about twice a week only when i think the pot is feeling light, i have only been given them small amounts of water as my last grow i overwaterd and messed alot of things up,, these are auto flower aswell

here are some photos i found of when i first noticed it but didnt think it was nute burn because i wouldn only giving them phd 6.5 water and some root juice hope these help a bit more
20150807_162728.jpg
20150807_162724.jpg
20150807_162715.jpg
20150807_162707.jpg
20150807_162657.jpg
20150807_162653.jpg
20150805_192330.jpg
20150805_192318.jpg

these were on day 19

Zinc Deficiency

Problem: With a cannabis zinc deficiency, younger leaves start yellowing in between the veins. Leaf tips get discolored and start dying. the leaves may take on a unique banded appearance and the plant may stop growing vertically. There may be much less space between new nodes, which can cause new leaves to start bunching together. If the plant is budding, its flowers may stop growing or even start dying if the problem isn't corrected.

Solution For Cannabis Zinc Deficiency

Note: Sometimes a cannabis zinc deficiency (like all deficiencies) can be triggered by stressful conditions and may clear up on its own after the period of stress is over. However, to minimize damage it's important to react to any growing problem as quickly as possible, especially in the flowering stage.

1.) Adjust pH to Correct Range

The most common reason growers will see a zinc deficiency is when the pH at the roots is too high. Zinc tends to get locked at at higher pH levels, and is better absorbed by the plant in a more acidic root environment.

If you suspect your growing cannabis plant has a zinc deficiency due to too-high pH, flush your system with clean, pH'd water. This will remove any nutrient salts that may be affecting the uptake of zinc and help restore pH to the proper levels..
In soil, zinc is best absorbed by the roots in the 6.0 - 6.5 pH range (although it's generally recommended for soil growers to keep pH in the 6.0-7.0 range, zinc tends to be absorbed better on the lower side)

In hydro, zinc is best absorbed by the roots in the 5.5 - 6.0 pH range (although it's generally recommended for hydro growers to keep pH in the 5.5-6.5 range, zinc tends to be absorbed better on the lower side)

2.) Give the Right Nutrients

The truth is, most cannabis growers don't need to add more zinc in response to a zinc deficiency!

In fact, most growers have actually already given plenty of zinc to their cannabis plants since it is found abundantly in most tap water. If you're using quality soil or cannabis-friendly nutrients, you probably don't need to worry about adding more zinc. In general, zinc deficiencies are more likely to appear when a grower is using heavily filtered or reverse osmisis (RO) water to feed plants since any zinc has been removed, but pH is a much more common reason growers see zinc deficiencies in their cannabis plants.

3.) Take Good Care of the Roots

Zinc deficiencies can show up with the plant is having root problems or if the plant is overwatered, even if the pH is right and the zinc is there. Proper watering practices help plants grow healthy and avoid a host of problems!

4.) Watch for Recovery

After going through all the above steps, watch to make sure that the zinc deficiency starts to clear up within a few days to a week or so. The damaged leaves may not recover completely, but you know you're in the clear when you stop seeing symptoms on new leaves.

Cannabis Growing Problems

Leaf Color:
Yellow Leaves - New Growth
Yellowing Between Veins
Mottling / Mosaic Pattern

Leaf Symptoms:
Upper Leaves / Newer Growth Affected
Leaf Tips Appear Burnt
Leaf Tips Die
Yellowing Between Veins
Mottling / Mosaic
Slow Growth
Twisted Growth
Leaves Curl Under

Plant Symptoms:
Slow Growth
Leaves Curl Under
Too Short

Other Symptoms:
Buds Not Fattening

Zinc Deficiency

Problem: With a cannabis zinc deficiency, younger leaves start yellowing in between the veins. Leaf tips get discolored and start dying. the leaves may take on a unique banded appearance and the plant may stop growing vertically. There may be much less space between new nodes, which can cause new leaves to start bunching together. If the plant is budding, its flowers may stop growing or even start dying if the problem isn't corrected.

Solution For Cannabis Zinc Deficiency

Note: Sometimes a cannabis zinc deficiency (like all deficiencies) can be triggered by stressful conditions and may clear up on its own after the period of stress is over. However, to minimize damage it's important to react to any growing problem as quickly as possible, especially in the flowering stage.

1.) Adjust pH to Correct Range

The most common reason growers will see a zinc deficiency is when the pH at the roots is too high. Zinc tends to get locked at at higher pH levels, and is better absorbed by the plant in a more acidic root environment.

If you suspect your growing cannabis plant has a zinc deficiency due to too-high pH, flush your system with clean, pH'd water. This will remove any nutrient salts that may be affecting the uptake of zinc and help restore pH to the proper levels..
In soil, zinc is best absorbed by the roots in the 6.0 - 6.5 pH range (although it's generally recommended for soil growers to keep pH in the 6.0-7.0 range, zinc tends to be absorbed better on the lower side)

In hydro, zinc is best absorbed by the roots in the 5.5 - 6.0 pH range (although it's generally recommended for hydro growers to keep pH in the 5.5-6.5 range, zinc tends to be absorbed better on the lower side)

2.) Give the Right Nutrients

The truth is, most cannabis growers don't need to add more zinc in response to a zinc deficiency!

In fact, most growers have actually already given plenty of zinc to their cannabis plants since it is found abundantly in most tap water. If you're using quality soil or cannabis-friendly nutrients, you probably don't need to worry about adding more zinc. In general, zinc deficiencies are more likely to appear when a grower is using heavily filtered or reverse osmisis (RO) water to feed plants since any zinc has been removed, but pH is a much more common reason growers see zinc deficiencies in their cannabis plants.

3.) Take Good Care of the Roots

Zinc deficiencies can show up with the plant is having root problems or if the plant is overwatered, even if the pH is right and the zinc is there. Proper watering practices help plants grow healthy and avoid a host of problems!

4.) Watch for Recovery

After going through all the above steps, watch to make sure that the zinc deficiency starts to clear up within a few days to a week or so. The damaged leaves may not recover completely, but you know you're in the clear when you stop seeing symptoms on new leaves.

Cannabis Growing Problems

Leaf Color:
Yellow Leaves - New Growth
Yellowing Between Veins
Mottling / Mosaic Pattern

Leaf Symptoms:
Upper Leaves / Newer Growth Affected
Leaf Tips Appear Burnt
Leaf Tips Die
Yellowing Between Veins
Mottling / Mosaic
Slow Growth
Twisted Growth
Leaves Curl Under

Plant Symptoms:
Slow Growth
Leaves Curl Under
Too Short

Other Symptoms:
Buds Not Fattening

Thanks for the reply. But how can it be possible to be a zinc def while my ph is spot on. Would it be that as I haven fed them any nutes at all. I was gonna give them there first feed today of bio grow and bloom as there showing there pre flowers. I just think it's odd. I didn't over water nor over fert and I'm still having problems

Back
Top Bottom