Need advice for curing

Matto835

hay everyone so I have dried my plants and put them in jars, I have been burping them twice a day for 20min at a time, its been 4 days now, should I be slowing down the burping process around now? The cannabis still doesn't smell great, smells like freshly cut grass and when I first open the jars the only thing I can compare it to is bread dough.

You GOT to get yourself some hygrometers. Doesn't have to be anything expensive but they take the guesswork out of drying and curing. I try to get the buds somewhat dry to the touch then put them in jars and go from there.
Drying and curing were always the worst part of growing for me no matter how much I would read and study up on it until I started using them.

whats the humidity in the jars after they've been closed all night?
I try to get mine stabilized at 62% by burping and then put in a 62% Boveda pack to keep them perfect.
Same here, burp until it starts to drop instead of rise, then I put in the pack.
I do kind of a quick burp though- rather than leaving the jars open for an extended period, I hold the jar in front of the air blowing out of the dehumidifier for about 15-30 seconds. With a hygrometer in the bottom I can watch the humidity drop to 57-58 and then put the lid back on. Admittedly this works better if it can be done 4-5 times a day and I know that doesn’t work for everyone. It works better for me because if I leave the lids off, I’ll forget about them and dry it all out to 50 and I don’t like smoking hay:laughtwo:

hay everyone so I have dried my plants and put them in jars, I have been burping them twice a day for 20min at a time, its been 4 days now, should I be slowing down the burping process around now? The cannabis still doesn't smell great, smells like freshly cut grass and when I first open the jars the only thing I can compare it to is bread dough.

Imo curing isnthe most important part. I burp twice a day for the first 2 weeks, then once a day for 2 weeks, then im down to once a week on Sundays till its gone

Congrats on making it through to your curing stage! :thumb:

Here's the best process I've found to date! There's loads of good info in the thread on curing!

Back
Top Bottom