Need advice on pot size

znoop

I've 3 plants in soil of an Indoor Mix Gold Seeds pack from growi.. it is a mix of 4 weed varieties that are easy to grow.
- Master Kush
- Northern Light
- California Orange Bud
- Big Bud.
• Flowering time: 7/8 weeks

not sure which ones I'm growin, but they have been in veg over 2 months..
I started in rock wool cubes, then transplanted into 5L pot, after that in 12L plastic bottles (that I've cut the tops of..) 2 of the plants started 12h/12h yesterday, and the other one 8 days ago.. I'm not sure if they will have enough space for them roots till the end of flowering so I need pro input on this..

IMG_087912.JPG

well that is a group shot, here you can see the difference between them, IM#1 - 8 days under 12/12 and it is like 90-95cm from the soil, the other 2 are about 70-80cm.. they stretch a lot or maybe the lamp was too high over #1.. and I also don't know why after I upload photos they turn around instead of appearing as they are..

IMG_087115.JPG

see the roots of IM#1, what do you think? do I have to transplant?

IMG_087315.JPG

IM#2

IMG_087417.JPG

and her roots (#2)

IMG_087613.JPG

this is IM#3..

waiting for your thoughts on this problem of mine..
have a nice grow!

The biggest pots you can fit into your grow area. More dirt, more pot, more roots = bigger plants and buds. I use 5 gallon right now, but I have some 7 gallons I am going to use next time.

Yeah what they said < the bigger the pots the better. They won't need to be watered as much or fed as much which is a good thing < less for you too mess up.

Smart pots are a great option, you can re-use them and they help to prevent root bound issues along with prune your roots for you to keep them vigorous.

As far as size, I would go with a 7 gallon, based on what you have going on currently (plant size etc)

generally you decide on yield per sqft or yield per plant. looks like your in the per plant catagory.
As JJ said - smart pots. or air pots. a vast improvement for ALL soil grows regardless or pot size.

a litre per month of expected grow time is a very good rule of thumb imho

what do you think about this 10 plant scrog, when is best to flip 12/12? they are in 9,5L and I want to know your thoughts on this, then net is about 150mx80 or so..
here they are on Dec 14..
IMG_0881b.png

this is pic of scrog today.. you will have to turn it around as I was sayin idk what is wrong after upload the pics appear upside-down.. I only have to hope that 9,5L will do or I screwed will see.. I think to flip the lights tomorrow, 36hours no lights and then 12/12.. as I can see this skunk strain is stretchy and still in veg..
IMG_08879.JPG

Back
Top Bottom