Need advice with heating

DrTentgrow

Hello, i am going to be starting a grow soon but this time i have no choice to do it in a cold garage it's not attached to a house just to another garage and it's quite cold here in the UK. i think i will get this type of heater

Halogen Heater 1200 Watt £9.99

i'm using a 2.4 x 1.2m growtent which has loft insulation all round it, will the tent keep a good and stable temp in side with fairly even heat distribution? i was worried because the intake will be drawing in thew cold air from within the garage, i will run the lights at night to take advantage of the heat at the coldest point.

rather then listing my setup please look at my previous grow journal the setup is pretty much the same. also i was worried about pests will that be much of a problem in a grow tent?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Did you ever start this grow and if so how did you get on with it?

I'm in the uk too and are about to start a grow in a cold un-attached garage but need some help and guidence first.
I was thinking of using a secret jardin tent inside a insulated shed inside the garge to keep in heat? I want to grow 4-8 plants.

This is the setup i was going to use...

SECRET JARDIN DS120 GROW TENT KIT LIGHT FAN CARBON FILTER HYDROPONICS SETUP | eBay

What do you think? Also would i have an issue with noise or smell?

Many thanks

OK, thank you for your advice. Do you think i will encounter any problems with humidity?

That all depends if your going to have the heat up high and where are you going to place your fan & heater. With hot air blowing around it could get pretty dry. But with cold weather I dont know if it would be a problem. I would just see how it goes the first couple hours. If the humidity drops below 40% then I would just say either mist your plants every other hour or get a humidifier. Just feel your plants leaves and see if they start to feel dry. or put your heater on a timer so it wont dry the air out. Have run like every other 30 to 40 minutes. see how that goes.

Why not frame in a really simple box that is bigger than your grow tent. Then, cover the wood frame with plastic sheeting. Then put your heater and your grow tent inside the sqare box that is enclosed in plastic ..... heating the air inside the box. That way, the air your tent sucks in is already heated to the temp you want.

Thats pretty much what im wantin to do, its just finding a way to regulate the air. Any suggestions as to what sort of heater and what sort of regulator/thermostat to use?

Im also quite concerned about venting. Im looking at getting a rhino carbon filter with 6" RVK fan. do you think this would be noisy and do you think it would be sufficiant?

Do i need an inlet or should i just naturally take in air from the heated room?

Sorry, i have so many questions lol, please bare with me im a nood lol. Im just obsessed already and cant wait to grow!

How do you guys get on with propagation? And what sort off growing method is best? I ws looking at a wilma system with rockwool and clay pebbles?

Thanks again :)

Back
Top Bottom