Need help analyzing my ppm runoff

DannyP

My ppm levels of my nutrient solution is 1100-1200 when feeding, Ph is 6.2, When I tested my ppm levels in my runoff with a blue lab truncheon meter, the light when to the highest level on the stick. It tops out at 1800. Is this bad news or acceptable levels ? Freaking out a bit now. Lol. Any advice would be awesome

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    567.7 KB · Views: 139
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    990 KB · Views: 138
:welcome: @DannyP you can put a @ front my name to call me back if i don't respond quickly

if you don't mind me asking, why are you checking the run off?
I wouldn't worry with it as it just makes things confusing.

Can you post close by pictures of your girls. They look great from far :high-five:

Probably only really valid if you're running a recirculating form of hydroponics.

:welcome: @DannyP you can put a @ front my name to call me back if i don't respond quickly

if you don't mind me asking, why are you checking the run off?
I wouldn't worry with it as it just makes things confusing.

Can you post close by pictures of your girls. They look great from far :high-five:
I started checking the levels of my runoff water because I think I have over fed my ladies. The leaves are starting to hook downwards at the tips of the blades. That and I think my light is causing me problems. It’s just too intense. I let them veg for way too long as I did not fully understand the stretch period. Had to raise the lights, dim them down and bend the tops through the nets to stop the height of them reaching the lights. Also noticed a bit of nutrient burn on the tips of the GMO leaves. The ice cream cake is really started to droop instead of praying like it usually does. Also my humidity levels reached 70 today. I’m setting up a dehumidifier and a humidifier on an inkbird temp and humidity controller tomorrow after work to try to solve that problem. I stopped the nutrient feed and just gave ph’d water the last feeding. They are still dropping a bit. Hopefully they will recover

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 104
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 106
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 102
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    630.7 KB · Views: 100
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 104
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    692 KB · Views: 100
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 111
they are droppy because you flushed them with water.

Think of it this way, if you stick your head into a bowl of water for the whole day, are you going to be able to breath and be active?

Stop flushing them and if you think you have fed them with too much nutri than just give them plain tab water.
also in my signature there is link to emilya's how to water a potted plant. once the soil is dried up to a point that needs water than perfrom her method.

also, your leaves or new growth looks good and i don't see any burn marks from nutr

What type of light are you using? how far is it from top of the plant?
What type of plant are you growing? auto or photoperiod?
what is your light setting?

forgot to mention. Keep your tent clean and free of insects.
also, based on the pic the way you have taken it, it seems the plant going through the net is wrong. you dont want all the branches going through one square

2020-07-16 11.16.47 HDR.jpg 2020-07-16 11.16.51.jpg

they are droppy because you flushed them with water.

Think of it this way, if you stick your head into a bowl of water for the whole day, are you going to be able to breath and be active?

Stop flushing them and if you think you have fed them with too much nutri than just give them plain tab water.
also in my signature there is link to emilya's how to water a potted plant. once the soil is dried up to a point that needs water than perfrom her method.

also, your leaves or new growth looks good and i don't see any burn marks from nutr

What type of light are you using? how far is it from top of the plant?
What type of plant are you growing? auto or photoperiod?
what is your light setting?
For lighting I’m using the HLG 650R
I think my problem was the light was way too intense. I had it dimmed right down through the veg cycle but I tried dialing it up for flowering but went up a little too fast. I dimmed it back down yesterday and the tops of my plants starting praying again happily. Plants are all photo period, no autos. Ice cream cake, gelato, GMO and scouts honour are the strains I’m growing. I’ve got most of the branches growing through their own net square , just the top of the ice cream cake is so large that I have to slowly bend it over time to get them into their own square. It’s just so thick at the top. The GMO was a lot easier to get through the nets properly.

For lighting I’m using the HLG 650R
I think my problem was the light was way too intense. I had it dimmed right down through the veg cycle but I tried dialing it up for flowering but went up a little too fast. I dimmed it back down yesterday and the tops of my plants starting praying again happily. Plants are all photo period, no autos. Ice cream cake, gelato, GMO and scouts honour are the strains I’m growing. I’ve got most of the branches growing through their own net square , just the top of the ice cream cake is so large that I have to slowly bend it over time to get them into their own square. It’s just so thick at the top. The GMO was a lot easier to get through the nets properly.
They are all looking a lot better as I left for work this morning. Should I do one more feeding with just PH’d water or should I resume with the nutrients ? I’m on day 12 of flower

i would feed it if the soil is dry and when you stick your fingure in the soil and its dry. feed with nutr. don't ph your water since you are growing in soil. use tab water.

you should also look at the manufacture manual and see what they suggust for hight for each stage of the plant. as it would have the hight and the intensity required.

also, in my signature you can find a link to emilya's how to water a potted plant. read that before you do anything and by tomorrow you will notice difference. only feed/water the plant if the soil is not moist.

remind me again what type of soil you are using?

when growing in soil the ph adjusts it self. however, if you like to adjust your ph then keep it at 6.7
here is a chart that explains the nutri plants take at what ph level.
1590953879248.png

I’m using the nutri+ soil from my local hydroponics shop. It comes in a big black vac sealed brick

Attachments

• 2A56D756-FB66-4E76-AAD4-6068349DD408.png
    2A56D756-FB66-4E76-AAD4-6068349DD408.png
    298.7 KB · Views: 102
ya, you don't have to ph it as it does say on that picture that it does have ph balance technology.
I've never used that or know what that soil is, but you might want to get some more information on it cuz it also says you don't want to feed it to much water!

Ya, I’ve noticed that they don’t need to be fed very often. Usually every 3 to 4 days. I check by lifting up the pot just a little to see how heavy it is. If it’s light , I will feed them. If it’s still heavy, I let it go another day. I read that one of the most common mistakes for newbies like me is to over water. Trying hard not to do that. Lol. They looked good when I left the house this morning. Hopefully the straight water feed the last couple times, plus dimming the lights back down a bit will make them happy. I also did a bit of trimming the underside of the plants last night before I went to bed. Nothing crazy, just got rid of a few of the sucker branches that don’t get much light. I will post some fresh pics when I get home from work. Thanks for all the helpful advice! Much appreciated

I read that one of the most common mistakes for newbies like me is to over water.

A plant that lacks water wilts. The droopiness associated with overwatering can appear to be the same thing. Sometimes, people seem to get locked into the mindset of following some sort of rigid schedule instead of learning to "read" their plants and respond to their needs. This seems to be especially true of the newbie cannabis gardener, because they lack the requisite experience and knowledge. Giving plants way too much water, or giving them a little bit - way too often - instead of a good watering when they need it, then allowing the soil to dry out. Not "tumbleweed and dust" dry, of course, but...

So, yes, that is one of the common ways that the new grower harms his/her plants. That and "loving the things to death." (Reference the decades-old cartoon, The Abominable Snowman (1961). "Just what I always wanted. My own little bunny rabbit. I will name him George, and I will hug him and pet him and squeeze him... ...and pat him and pet him and... ...and rub him and caress him and...")

All in all, it's better to underwater than water too much.

My tap water has a ph of 8.5
Is that not too high ?

No your pH isn’t too high. In fact, if doesn’t even matter. It’s the alkalinity of the water that’s important.

No your pH isn’t too high. In fact, if doesn’t even matter. It’s the alkalinity of the water that’s important.

Thanks for all the help guys. My ladies look fantastic as of this morning. 3 feedings of straight water and lowering the intensity of the lights seemed to pull them out of their stressed state and they are looking to the sky again. Here’s some pics I just took 5 minutes ago. Also check out the roots on my very first attempt at ice cream clones

Attachments

• 5658314D-13DE-4A61-87E4-422B3E55C6C7.jpeg
    5658314D-13DE-4A61-87E4-422B3E55C6C7.jpeg
    567.4 KB · Views: 100
  • 3C0314BF-4CCB-4FD7-8929-8B24883CEA95.jpeg
    3C0314BF-4CCB-4FD7-8929-8B24883CEA95.jpeg
    639.8 KB · Views: 113
  • 9D1E06C3-6440-4397-96CC-47ECF8CC0E4D.jpeg
    9D1E06C3-6440-4397-96CC-47ECF8CC0E4D.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 95
  • CB24F6F8-C8D7-4A14-A491-85D2F03BD7BD.jpeg
    CB24F6F8-C8D7-4A14-A491-85D2F03BD7BD.jpeg