Need help getting things right

Syinncc

Hi

I have never ever grown kush. Im having really serious plans to start doing it.
Im going to grow it in basement, which has practically no air circulation, but i think im gonna figure something out. Im 100% gonna use LED, because i would have hard time cooling the room down.
Im have my eyes on Marshydro 1200. Room itself is about 3m x 3m to 4m x 4m size, something bout that.

How big tent should i get?
How many plants should i grow?
What are some serious problems i might encounter?
What should i avoid doing and what should i def. do?
How much of a problem will be CO2 amount in room and fresh air.

Basement usual temperature is about normal room temp, maybe little bit colder, few degrees celcius.
Its an big apartment building so i have to be low profile. I do not have a window in my room. Room has brick walls and a heavy iron door. Because its an apartment building so i cant just put some ducting coming out from my box and out of the window :D Gotta really figure it out and probably have to get only 1 to max 2 grows in that room before i could get something better. Main question is, is it even possible to grow something in there? Really would need some help and opinions, thanks in advance.

My suggestions would be, use coco and some proper 3 part nutes (I use cutting edge solutions), cal-mag additive (I use Calimagic), a good size tent nothing huge (I use multiple 3ftx3ftx5ft tents) I can fit in 9 3 gal square buckets or about 30 1 gal pots, a good extraction fan and carbon filter. The smaller tents are easier for me to manage my lighting, cooling and work load than 1 huge tent. It's also easy to expand by just adding another tent.
The room i put all this in is about 10ftx10ft square, I just put up tents inside the room and can keep different phases of growth in each tent. But what works for me may not work for you. Cooling I do with a portable air conditioner in the room instead of inside the tents themselves. It looks like the ac would be your only issue in a closed environment like you described.

I think your biggest issue may be heat. You may want to go on a lower scale until you determine how you are going to handle the heat. A possible solution might be using COB Lighting. They are great lights and put off a lot less heat than other types. While LED put off less heat they still put off quite a bit of heat. I generally find that while my LED's are on the tent runs about 5-7 degrees F above the ambient temperature.

Back
Top Bottom