Need help with Ebb and Grow bucket system

I have a friend that struggled endlessly with eb n grow....until he raised and tilted the buckets.
I saw a good looking eb/gro thats supposed to come out this summer, with square blue buckets, and square nets. they have feet on the bottom and the fill/drain fitting is in the center, underneath..pretty slick.

I have a friend that struggled endlessly with eb n grow....until he raised and tilted the buckets.
I saw a good looking eb/gro thats supposed to come out this summer, with square blue buckets, and square nets. they have feet on the bottom and the fill/drain fitting is in the center, underneath..pretty slick.

I agree that proper drainage buckets with the hole on the bottom is what's needed on this grow style.

Now, the variant I use will practically drain all the water out and has the added benefit of all bucket breaches being above the maximum water line. So, there is no chance of a seal leak! Downside is that gravity is needed so buckets will need to be elevated above the reservoir.

It was only a matter of time until those design issues were worked out. Nice find Pit!

ya I looked into it, has all the needed mods even a leak detecter.....I dont have probs with my CAP system.....I just needed to change up my game for a while

It was only a matter of time until those design issues were worked out. Nice find Pit!
Glad PV has the gonads to post the link! :thumb: Im not quite sure who/when its cool or not yet to post urls...So I tried to hint.

Thanks GrownManHollr's, I am pretty pleased with my system. I am a tinkerer by nature and always looking for a better way to skin a cat. Gotta love the molded buckets with the drain in the middle though, and the controler is mountable and not on the controler bucket itself, nice!

I saw the new design CAP buckets...not much of an improvement if you ask me. -Buckets still need to be elevated and tipped on the non drain side, which then lowers the flood depth. and the warranty is void if you modify the controller in any way.
If your gonna get new buckets, I would think about going blue. ;)
The CAPs almost need a vacuum chamber to get all the water out quick enough.

Disclaimer- I do not use eb/grow, all my information comes from a friend who is having issues. He asked me to look at his 36 unit setup, and my impressions come from what i saw and what he told me.

Thanks Drdan... Got your longer message on my email...but can't see the same thread here.
Anyway, I think...not sure, but think so...that CAP changed the bucket design so now the emptying cycle is complete. The unit I just ordered should be the newer design.

Now I've just got to buy & understand the PPM measuring devices, etc., and figure out how to gently put my clones in the hydroton.

More questions to come, I'm sure.

T

You must be seeing a different doctor, I am not the one that emailed you. However, I am taking new patients and am always on call for questions. Some of us (Pit, you charmed botanist) haven't had any problems using the system but I did with the first batch I ran with the controler installed (my original version used controler bucket with ebb and flo fittings connected to a pump in the res. below the table). I not only have a modified CAP setup (meaning I made it minus the controler) I also have the complete manufactured system. The only modification I made to that system was to drill a 1/4 inch hole in the bottom of the inside bucket to add an air line. I originally elevated and tilted my buckets but had the same complaint, less flood volume. Now the airlines and air pump let me rest the buckets at the same level of the controler without any of the untoward effects of stagnant water.
I dislike having the timer and plugs connected to the controler bucket because my diabetic neuropathy has robbed me of spacial relationship when placing my feet. In other words, my feet are all thumbs and I am constantly bumping into the controler and occaisionally disloging the timer settings. All in all though, an awsome system. :tommy:

Ahh... I see, just the system's notification someone wrote in this thread. I thought you meant a private email of which I did not send. It's all good and so is the info found at this site. Keep on reading and asking questions, thats my plan.:reading420magazine:

Auto email notification for thread posts can be turned off in your user cp.

Auto email notification for thread posts can be turned off in your user cp.

That won't change the settings for threads that you are already subscribed unfortunately. It will set the default selection when subscribing to new threads so I do recommend setting that.

That won't change the settings for threads that you are already subscribed unfortunately. It will set the default selection when subscribing to new threads so I do recommend setting that.
hmm did something to stop emails even from the threads i was sub'ed to before I changed email notifications. cause i get none now...now I just get pm notifications and admin mail. but i will be darned if i can remember what i did...:tokin:

hmm did something to stop emails even from the threads i was sub'ed to before I changed email notifications. cause i get none now...now I just get pm notifications and admin mail. but i will be darned if i can remember what i did...:tokin:

I could be wrong then. Maybe it got fixed when the website got its facelift?

Newbie to site and really learning a lot. Has anyone used the ebb and grow without the pots? I'm wondering if a flood tray or trays (4'x4') could be used to increase yield. I like to 55 gal res idea.
If possible, a quick reply is requested. I'm looking at a system this afternoon and need more info.
Thanks and keep growing

It would be difficult to use the control bucket with a flood table. You would need to make a custom one that could monitor the correct flood height. I would recommend just getting the regular reservoir for a flood table.

Thanks Munki, after looking at the system I came to the same conclusion. Your answer is very appreciated.

No problem, babasluv. Glad to have you here and I would like to extend my virtual hand to :welcome: you to 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom