Need help with my water run off

Loggerjoe1

Hey guys and gals, i was curious what the more experienced growers have done about their wayer run off.
I am starting my second grow as of now (seeds are just soaking) but even tho i lost my first grow 2 weeks into flower due to law enforcement. I was starting to have some problems whail watering.
In the early stages it was fine. I was just taking the pots out from under the lighys and placing them in a plastic tub watering them and leaving them in the tub till the water ran off. As the plants got bigger the harder it became and occasionally breaking branches in the move.my biggest planys were 33" tall and 25" wide amywho any help would be appreciated. I enjoy watering by hand. But would like an easier way to get rid of the runoff water/feed.
20161023_211849.jpg
20161016_180343.jpg

For my flowering room I put a drain in the floor, and that's the best option. In the veg room I have the plants on an elevated platform/basin which drains into a pan. Generally the pan is enough to catch any runoff. Sometimes I have to do a little emergency water scooping.
Other ideas would be to put in a bilge pump type setup, with a float switch that activates when water levels get high.
Stores sell bases for shower stalls which make handy basins to put pots on. Also the basins used to put under hot water heaters look very handy.

I use the 2'x3' 22 gal. cement mixing trays from HD, two for $27.00 w/tx.. I use 2 square 5gal. pots in each... I think 2 7gal. sq pots might fit.. Two pcs of 2"x4" wood laid flat on the floor will raise the tray enough to allow a 1/2"drain in the center... It doesn't matter how high you raise the tray, i feel it still needs to be supported across the bottom... Though it might drain better if it was supported only at the ends because there would some sag in the center where the drain is..
Drill a 13/16 hole, in the center for a 1/2" grommet and a 1/2" barb fitting.... I used a 90* barb that close to the floor.. I also trim the barb down on the inside, so it's just past the grommet... That leaves a little water in the tray which has never been a problem for me... Attach 1/2" tubing long enough to reach the top of the tray side.. To hold it up I used a clip like a waterfarm uses to hold the sight tube up... Now i use a hose that goes through the floor to drain my rdwc to an outside garden bed...

Back
Top Bottom