20161211_162148.jpg

14 days in veg. Strain is 420 carat
80%/20% r.o. water/well water
Botanicare pro in ebb n flow
Using cal/mag,vitamino,hydroguard,liquid karma,silica blast
Ph 6.0 feeding 4 times/day 15min flood
8 lamp t5
76 degrees
Spots start out light green on lower leaves and are slowly turning yellow/light brown
Any support would be greatly appreciated

I actually get those spots when my plants get borderline too much light. Maybe try raising the light a tad.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

20161212_111741.jpg

Here is a photo of the spots early on
I don't see any bugs what so ever using 60x microscope
Spots are multiplying
My light is a good 8"-10" away 76 degrees at canopy
I'm puzzled???

The spots look a little shiny to start, darken a bit then go brown right?

Light green to start almost like the spots are not as thick as the rest of the leaf, slowly turning a light yellow to brown color. I just introduced a bunch of ladybugs in my garden, but I've yet to see any pest in the room with a 60x microscope?? I'm puzzled?

I thought the t5's could be very close

Sent from my 5054N using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I've been doing the deed off and on for 10+yrs and always had my t5 8-10" off plant canopy and never had an issue. Some people run them alot closers than that so I do not believe that is the issue expecially with the spots on the lower leaves.

Spoke with my local shop keep, he said it could likely be thrips. I would CYA on Ca and buy these neat strips that you can hang in your room and it should solve whatever the problem might be. If I'm wrong, please tell me. I really like to learn.

Might be thrips so I put 4 dozen ladybugs I collected at the house into my garden. The ladybugs showed up today like a sign from the cannabis gods. Found some yellowish stuff on top of my leaves but could not tell if it was thrips or the secretion from the ladybugs when disturbed. Either way if it was thrips hopefully the ladybugs do the trick. Still open to suggestions and I'm buying a 100x microscope this week mine disappeared.

Yah thrips is what I originally mentioned it could be. I have the same problem currently in my grow rooms. What I bought was Eco sense bug b gone concentrate. This kills all soft bodied and most hard bodied insects and can be used up until harvest.

I however still decided to make my own mixture which came recommended off many forums and sites.

2-3 garlic cloves or 1 tbsp garlic purée
1 tbsp vegetable oil or canola oil
2 tbsp chili powder or sriracha / or 6 hot chilis
1 tsp natural soap
4 cups water
+ 4 more cups for dilution

Blend all ingriedients together and put through strainer. Spray plants underside and on top of leaves liberally but no run off.

Make sure to contact the pests and they will be killed on contact. Also spray the containers, tops of soil and stem and as they come up from the soil

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks for the support guys!! Still not sold its thrips I cut most the damage off so we will see if it spreads. Ladybugs to the rescue fingers crossed. First time I've commented my self to the proper setup and was not expecting any downfalls.

Grahamgreen
Update on my spots
Things have slowed down quite a bit, I think the ladybugs are feeding on something?
Are you using tap/well/ or r.o. water? I mix 80% r.o. water 20% well water to help stabilize ph
I then use the recommended dose of cal/mag maybe extra depending if plants need more
If you could post a pic early on when the spots start I should be able to tell if it's a cal or mag def.

I purchased a few books and I think I found the answer. My anti thrips measure hasn't don't much for me and everything continues to point towards calcium deficiency. I will post pictures as soon as I find my actual camera, you know, sans GPS lol. Here's a picture of a calcium deficient plant that looks similar.
420-magazine-mobile931355195.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1900698195.jpg

Back
Top Bottom