Need help with the lucas formula please

menace69j

hey every one i am new to this my question is i am growing 6 plants hydroponic (ak47) each one in 5gal bucket and one 5gal resorvior so in total 35gal. i want to use the lucas formula (Add 8ml of Flora Micro to 1 gallon of water*, mix, and then add 16ml of Flora Bloom into the water, and mix)

do i have to add 8ml of micro per each gal and 16ml of bloom per each gal or just 8ml of micro and 16ml of bloom in one gal. :thanks:

Lucas Formula

Soil/Hydro
Add 8ml of FLORA MICRO to 1 gallon of RO water, Mix
Add 16ml of FLORA BLOOM to 1 gallon of RO water, Mix
Done

Coco (See also Head’s Method)
Add 8ml of FLORA MICRO to 1 gallon of RO water, Mix
Add 16ml of FLORA BLOOM to 1 gallon of water, Mix
Add 1-2tsp of CalMg or MagiCal -OR- 1 gram of Epson salt, Mix
Done

Seedlings/Cuttings
Same as above but use half strength.

Reservoir Methods:
1. Top off as necessary. Replenish reservoir with nutes once the entire reservoir has been replaced with fresh water.
2. Change your reservoir weekly with a fresh batch of nutes.

If i was following this then i would add like stated:

Mixing in 1 Gallon of water
8ml Micro
16ml Bloom

Mixing in 2 Gallon of water
16ml Micro
32ml Bloom

Mixing in 3 Gallon of water
24ml Micro
48ml Bloom

I have never used this but it seems prety straight forward?

I have never used this but it seems prety straight forward?

So much so that I wasn't even sure as to what exactly the question was. Unless menace69j is wanting to know if he has to make each gallon of nutrient solution separately and then pour them all into the buckets and reservoir, or just mix 35 gallons at once? If that's the question then, yes, you can mix any quantity that you are going to use. If you have simple maths skills and a container large enough to hold the quantity that you wish to mix, that is. If you only have a one-gallon container or if multiplication is challenging, then there is no harm in mixing one gallon at a time - other than the hassle of requiring extra time to fill and mix a one-gallon container 35 times instead of doing a 35-gallon plastic drum once (or a five-gallon bucket seven times, or whatever). And the additional chances for spillage, I suppose. Then again, "hassle" is different for different people/setups. Since a gallon of water weighs approximately 8.337 pounds (depending slightly on purity and temperature), it might be easier for you to carry one gallon at a time instead of five. And if you intend to mix a full 35-gallon drum/barrel, a dolly or other wheeled cart is advisable because it'll weigh about 292 pounds (plus the drum), lol.

thanks lots of help so for example if im doing one 5gal at a time it would be 40ml of micro and 80ml of bloom in total?or just 8ml of micro and 16ml bloom for one 5gal bucket

Back
Top Bottom