Need Some Info on MarsHydro 300-Watt LED Light

Watergunz

Hey guys, I need some help identifying an electrical part on this MarsHydro 300-WATT LED light.

The picture with the red circle is the electrical part I need help identifying.

Thanks in advance!

JcTmL2V.jpg

6wQw2tv1.jpg

Oh, that's just the NSA monitoring chip. It's nothing to concern yourself with. Pretend you didn't find it.

Sorry, I'm no electrical engineer, just a joker.

Zener diode. in this case allows all the LEDs wired in series continue to function if the one LED fails. Kind of like Christmas lights. One goes out rest stay lighted.

Go by the wattage it draws from the wall to make your choice. Not the (theoretical) ratting of 300 watts. I vegged in a 2' by 3' ( even though the coverage isn't optimal. the power draw listing on the data plate of my setup is 180 watts deduct about 20 watts for the fans and such your down to about 150 to 160. They recommend 30-50 watts per square foot of plant for good coverage. Hope that helps ya. I think this light is recommended to cover a 2' by 2.5' area.

Personally with led I'd go with all cool white for veg and all warm white for flower.
Mars might do some catching up and look at cree cob based design in whites.

I personally used the mars overhead and supplemented with cfls warm or cool per plant stage . If I could afford the crees I wouldn't have bought as I did. The Crees are also made overseas anyway.

I personally used the mars overhead and supplemented with cfls warm or cool per plant stage . If I could afford the crees I wouldn't have bought as I did. The Crees are also made overseas anyway.

People are killing it with cree cob diy panels.
I went a different route, not to step on a sponsor of this sites toes but I've grown with many types of lighting including led.
Whites are the way to go.
I bought 2 Rapidled onyx grows (28-cree xml2 per panel, 10 watt single emitters at 6500k) and 4 - Onyx bloom (28- cree xml2 per panel , 10 watt single emitters at 3100K), these work a charm. But still my 2 sun systems lec 315 are my faves.

Back
Top Bottom