Need urgent help! Leaves are turning yellow & pale in vegetative stage

tariqtatar

I have got ''Speed Seeds'' Lowryder # 2 x AK 47 Auto.

I have started the light schedule with CFL and Led both in first two weeks, CFL's 1x85W white color, 3x20W daylight color.

Led's 1x80W bulb (120 pieces of led chips), 1x15W bulb (5 pieces of led chips), 1x10 W bulb (106 pieces of led chips). Light schedule was 18/6 first two weeks then change the it to 16/8.

At the end of second week i removed 3x20W daylight color CFL'S but just kept 1x85W white color CFL and add more LED's; 5x28W LED bulbs (28 pieces of led chips in every bulb) all LED's Wattages become 245 W.

Also there is 150W infrared heat lamb which has turning on in 8 Hours Dark Time period, my grow room is in my balcony and the outside temperature is D 9/ N 4 C - D 48 / N 39 F . I will replace it with ceramic bulb heater at next week.

There two exhaust hole at the upper side and down side, i have small usb fan in front of upper exhaust, it just beside the lights, its only working at the light time period. Bigger fan at the down side and it works 24h.

I use city water which is around 7.7 ph but i leave the water in tank without sealing at least 4 days in order to reduce ph.

Temperature is around 30 C / 86 F in light time period, at the dark times when the heat lamb is on its 25-27 C / 77-80 F

As you see the pots has different shape and size, the biggest is 8 lt and the smallest is 5.8 lt., the soil is mixture of orgainic soil, worm casting, coco coir,peat moss / tuff,

Grow room space is 0.60 Sqm = 3.5' x 1.96' The height of grow room is 1.10 m / 43 inches, the distance was 80 CM / 31.50 inches between light and plants, at the end of third week i change the distance of lights to 35 CM / 14 inches due to slow growing. Then i adjust the distance again to 60 cm / 23.50 inches because i thought light burn is the reason for leaves sickess of leaves.

I do not have tool to check humidity that's why i always keep small water tank and wet t-shirt under the heat lamb.

Last week i add some rocks and seashell and maybe even some mussel on the top of soil to protect soil from heat. I collect these rocks from lake and the lake has very high ph which is 10 ph. Maybe is it beacuse of it?

I make some digging online to diagnose these symptoms to try few things such as replace the bigger fan opposite sides of plants, or turn off at the bigger fan at the light period,change the distance between lights and plants three times but still it has not recover even it become worse. I Have not use any nutrients on the plants.

Need your help urgently while i stil have a time before flowering.

I topping the plants last week and i topping 2 of plants when they have less nodes than rest of other, plants would it be problem later on for scrOG? Today 32. day and i started Scrogging.

I know these tools and settlement are seems very amateur, however its my first expereince and believe me with low sources and very low budget ( most of things on settlement from recycle) thats all i can do.

Thank you all from now on.

A-10-12-2017-7_Day_1_.JPG
A-10-12-2017-7_Day_4_.JPG
B-27-12-2017-24_Day.JPG
C-01-04-2018-32_Day_1_.JPG
C-01-04-2018-32_Day_3_.JPG
G-01-01-2018-29_Day_3_.JPG
H-01-04-2018-32_Day_1_.JPG
H-01-04-2018-32_Day_2_.JPG
H-01-04-2018-32_Day_3_.JPG
H-01-04-2018-32_Day_4_.JPG

re: Need urgent help! Leaves are turning yellow & pale in vegetative stage

What is the pH of the water when you water the plants??

Need to get it below 7.0. white vinegar and lemon juice will lower pH if needed

Looks like maybe a pH or Calmag issue, but they kinda look burnt

Also the CFL need to be close and sideways. Not much light comes from the end of the bulb

And I'd wait a bit on the scrog till u figure out the leaf issues

re: Need urgent help! Leaves are turning yellow & pale in vegetative stage

How do you know the PH level? If you don't already have one buy yourself a PH pen and PH up/down. Did you make the soil up yourself? Do you know the %s? If not, what is the brand/type?

@Calvados @Chris Scorpio
soon i will get ad. nut. PH perfect mic/grw/ blm, i hope it will fix the PH, I lower Led bulbs closer and i think i need to lower 10 cm more.

I've got adv. nut. SENSİ CAL-MAG extra few days ago, I feed the plants once since now, but the thing is that i do not understand well is; it says on directions;

Hydroponics: Use 2 mL per Liter to correct deficiencies. Repeat after 1 week, if necessary.
Foliar Spray: Use 2 mL per Liter. Repeat after 1 week, if necessary.
As Part Of A Regular Feeding Program: Use 2 mL per Liter. Repeat after 1 week, if necessary.

Is it means i can only use when deficiency has appear? Can i use cal-mag every day for plants in regular irrigation period?

I know PH level from city water quality reports, i mixed all soils myself randomly (orgainic soil, worm casting, coco coir,peat moss / tuff) , so i don not know the % .

PH42.jpg

J-01-07-2018-35_Day.JPG
E-01-07-2018-35_Day.JPG

Re: Need urgent help! Leaves are turning yellow & pale in vegetative stage

Also, to add to what the boys are saying..... you shouldn't be collecting anything out of local streams and ponds and putting them in your tent. I toally understand budget constraints, but Potential for cross-contamination or insect problems is greatly increased when you do that.

Leaving your water out will slightly reduce the pH as well as allowing the chlorine to evaporate off, but if your water is 7.7 out of the tap...... Chris has said I would definitely be using lemon juice to lower it, it's way cheaper than an acid solution normally used to lower PH. Problem is how do you know what your levels are unless you have a pH meter, or in the least a set of PH strips (a good idea).

Do you thing i should move the rocks, seashells etc. away? I ve seen so many growers are putting some kind of rocks on the top of soil,what is that point?

How many ml of lemon juice do i need to add for per lt?
I havent measure the ph level, i just know it from city water reports, which i was thinking it is 7.7 but last time i check its 7.25, but it might not be exact level for my home tap, i think they measure it from the source, have no idea for the ph level until it reaches to home tap. One way or another i ll get ph perfect sensi nutes, so it keeps ph at the sweet spot i guess,

That's one way to do it, but I do know that a lot of The Growers that use pH perfect, still check their pH. Perfect pH for growing in soil should be around 6.5. If you're trying to keep your budget low, you can buy test strips at a garden center, they will get you close.

If you found all the Rocks outside, then yes I would definitely remove them. Especially if they came from around a pond. Keeping a medium of some sort on top of your soil will help with moisture retention, but you have to make sure that you do it correctly with sterilized sources. You could be introducing a myriad of different non beneficial insects to your grow area otherwise. Petite is a common top dress.

That's one way to do it, but I do know that a lot of The Growers that use pH perfect, still check their pH. Perfect pH for growing in soil should be around 6.5. If you're trying to keep your budget low, you can buy test strips at a garden center, they will get you close.

If you found all the Rocks outside, then yes I would definitely remove them. Especially if they came from around a pond. Keeping a medium of some sort on top of your soil will help with moisture retention, but you have to make sure that you do it correctly with sterilized sources. You could be introducing a myriad of different non beneficial insects to your grow area otherwise. Petite is a common top dress.
Like perlite!!

how about cal-mag nute ; for use directions on the bottle it says ;

Hydroponics: Use 2 mL per Liter to correct deficiencies. Repeat after 1 week, if necessary.
Foliar Spray: Use 2 mL per Liter. Repeat after 1 week, if necessary.
As Part Of A Regular Feeding Program: Use 2 mL per Liter. Repeat after 1 week, if necessary.
Is it means i can only use when deficiency symtoms has appear? or i can use use cal-mag nute evey time when water the plants?

I put quarter dose in every feed then after 3 feeds I use just biobizz bio heaven.. just to help her take up all the nutrients that's left in the mix.

I have got ''Speed Seeds'' Lowryder # 2 x AK 47 Auto.

I have started the light schedule with CFL and Led both in first two weeks, CFL's 1x85W white color, 3x20W daylight color.

Led's 1x80W bulb (120 pieces of led chips), 1x15W bulb (5 pieces of led chips), 1x10 W bulb (106 pieces of led chips). Light schedule was 18/6 first two weeks then change the it to 16/8.

At the end of second week i removed 3x20W daylight color CFL'S but just kept 1x85W white color CFL and add more LED's; 5x28W LED bulbs (28 pieces of led chips in every bulb) all LED's Wattages become 245 W.

Also there is 150W infrared heat lamb which has turning on in 8 Hours Dark Time period, my grow room is in my balcony and the outside temperature is D 9/ N 4 C - D 48 / N 39 F . I will replace it with ceramic bulb heater at next week.

There two exhaust hole at the upper side and down side, i have small usb fan in front of upper exhaust, it just beside the lights, its only working at the light time period. Bigger fan at the down side and it works 24h.

I use city water which is around 7.7 ph but i leave the water in tank without sealing at least 4 days in order to reduce ph.

Temperature is around 30 C / 86 F in light time period, at the dark times when the heat lamb is on its 25-27 C / 77-80 F

As you see the pots has different shape and size, the biggest is 8 lt and the smallest is 5.8 lt., the soil is mixture of orgainic soil, worm casting, coco coir,peat moss / tuff,

Grow room space is 0.60 Sqm = 3.5' x 1.96' The height of grow room is 1.10 m / 43 inches, the distance was 80 CM / 31.50 inches between light and plants, at the end of third week i change the distance of lights to 35 CM / 14 inches due to slow growing. Then i adjust the distance again to 60 cm / 23.50 inches because i thought light burn is the reason for leaves sickess of leaves.

I do not have tool to check humidity that's why i always keep small water tank and wet t-shirt under the heat lamb.

Last week i add some rocks and seashell and maybe even some mussel on the top of soil to protect soil from heat. I collect these rocks from lake and the lake has very high ph which is 10 ph. Maybe is it beacuse of it?

I make some digging online to diagnose these symptoms to try few things such as replace the bigger fan opposite sides of plants, or turn off at the bigger fan at the light period,change the distance between lights and plants three times but still it has not recover even it become worse. I Have not use any nutrients on the plants.

Need your help urgently while i stil have a time before flowering.

I topping the plants last week and i topping 2 of plants when they have less nodes than rest of other, plants would it be problem later on for scrOG? Today 32. day and i started Scrogging.

I know these tools and settlement are seems very amateur, however its my first expereince and believe me with low sources and very low budget ( most of things on settlement from recycle) thats all i can do.

Thank you all from now on.

A-10-12-2017-7_Day_1_.JPG
A-10-12-2017-7_Day_4_.JPG
B-27-12-2017-24_Day.JPG
C-01-04-2018-32_Day_1_.JPG
C-01-04-2018-32_Day_3_.JPG
G-01-01-2018-29_Day_3_.JPG
H-01-04-2018-32_Day_1_.JPG
H-01-04-2018-32_Day_2_.JPG
H-01-04-2018-32_Day_3_.JPG
H-01-04-2018-32_Day_4_.JPG
How much did you pay for all them bulbs??? You could have got a full spectrum led 300w for about £60

Do you thing i should move the rocks, seashells etc. away? I ve seen so many growers are putting some kind of rocks on the top of soil,what is that point?

How many ml of lemon juice do i need to add for per lt?
I havent measure the ph level, i just know it from city water reports, which i was thinking it is 7.7 but last time i check its 7.25, but it might not be exact level for my home tap, i think they measure it from the source, have no idea for the ph level until it reaches to home tap. One way or another i ll get ph perfect sensi nutes, so it keeps ph at the sweet spot i guess,
They usr sterile clay pebbles not sea rocks which will be full of bugs and lavas plus u need more light and move them closer to plants that lights u have is enough for one plant plus one plant could fill that whole box if don't correct
Photo is my one lemon haze fills a 1mx1m scrog screen
89b4e9d345bcf56a51aa6be834165bb4.jpg

its from Chinese manufacturers, yes you are right i could buy, but i figured it out lately by that time i ve already bought the LED bulbs, here is all details for the LED's with the price, below there are photo files, i ve bought the one with small bulbs, and the other photo shows that i could have bought those almost same amount of money. Easier thing with small bulbs, i bought piece by piece while i got the money. Also the other thing is i ve never checked watts, it might not be even true numbers, i guess, next time i ll buy from amazon.

LED39.jpg
LED213.jpg

Thnx, i ll remove all rocks soon, grow box located in my balcony i cant open it every time only in dark time period to make some adjustments in order to not being spotted by neighbours , seeds are auto, can i turn off the lights in light time when i m working in the box? or is it going to stress for plants? i ll make the distance around 20 cm between lights and the plants and i ll buy 150 w ufo led light thats below on the photo. Also first two weeks light/dark period was 18/6 then i convert it to to 16/8, to get more light period can i turn it back to 18/6 ?

Thnx, i ll remove all rocks soon, grow box located in my balcony i cant open it every time only in dark time period to make some adjustments in order to not being spotted by neighbours , seeds are auto, can i turn off the lights in light time when i m working in the box? or is it going to stress for plants? i ll make the distance around 20 cm between lights and the plants and i ll buy 150 w ufo led light thats below on the photo. Also first two weeks light/dark period was 18/6 then i convert it to to 16/8, to get more light period can i turn it back to 18/6 ?
Yes you can turn off your lights while you are working on your plants, as long as it's not for an hour LOL. Some people have a good practice of wearing UVB and UVA protective sunglasses while they are in their tent with lights on. Good practice to get into or by the correct sunglasses for working in a grow tent......usually larger scale though.

I can't comment on your light distance from your plants because I can't feel it but A good rule of thumb is when you put the back of your hand in there, under the light..... As soon as you can feel heat that is the approximate distance that your plants should be. Lower than slightly past that point. That's a good starting point for LEDs.

Yes, you can do anything from 12/12, up to 24 hours of daylight for Autos. The choice is yours. I would tend to keep my daylight hours higher say 18/6 or 20 / 4.

Back
Top Bottom