Neem oil 4weeks into flower?

hskdondada

so i just neemed my girls(blue cheese) and they are exactly 4 weeks into flower. i did so because of a slight powdery mildew issue. from what i read it should be all good as long as i give my self 2 weeks with no neem b4 harvest. has anyone had crappy tasting weed because they sprayed neem 2 weeks prior to harvest??.....also does anyone recommend spraying down my plants with water to facilitate this flushing prior to harvest??

Re: neem oil 4weeks into flower??

Hate to say this, but the neem is likely to not help & a heavy foliar drenching will likely assist in the spread of the PM. Neem is a light fungistat, not a fungicide, not even close. This means that on treated areas that do not already have the spores and/or hyphae growing, will have a slightly higher pH such that germination/growth is hindered. In no way will it retard growth of the existing infection.

For PM as an eradicant, would suggest a fine mist of Chlorothalonil, which you can pick-up at any nursery. It is both a contact killer & slight fungistatic properties.

The primary problem you have is too high of humidity and/or crowding of the plants and/or too little direct air circulation. Fungi is not to be taken lightly & drastic measures to control are not out of line. Lower the humidity & raise the temps & increase direct air circulation. Wipe the areas you can see with a rubbing alcohol solution prior to putting direct air on the plants to reduce spore spread. Best.

thanx for the reply gio.....i sort of figured as such so i did remove some girls, increased my airflow and adjusted my circulation/fans........i also removed the worst of the infected leaves and physically removed/polished the leaves that were slightly affected with a neem/soap mixture....is chlorothalonil ok to use with only 2-4 weeks left until harvest?? is it organic?? affect taste/smoke??.......thanx!

No it isn't close to organic. No fungicide is; I don't even consider the Sulfur or Baking Soda "organic", but that is a tough word to truly define, so...

No 1&2 is Sulfur & Copper... both are considered "organic" but are simply chemicals fumigated all over the plants. Chloro-t is the third most used fungicide. Actually, the first two aren't even fungicides but fungistats as mentioned before. THis is why I recommended the chloro-t as it will also kill the existing fungi.

Yes, you can apply the chloro-t on fruits up to the last week or two, if I recall properly, but this depends on which you use (concentration). Try not to spray directly on the buds but rather the tops & bottoms of the leaves. The smallest mister you can get (ones you press down with the index finger to get a small spray best- not the gun styles but what you would see on a hairspray bottle) is best. You shouldn't have any residual flavoring.

Ideally, if you can avoid the chloro-t, then this would be best, but if you have a fungus problems, then you really do have to do something... sitting & hoping for the best is just about the second worst thing you could do. If you listened to the "organic" enthusiasts (who are often hypocritical in actions), you would simply let the harvest go to rot & throw it out... don't think you want to do that. Best brah.

What do you guys think of..
Mildew_CureRTU-Back.gif

Mildew_Cure_RTU.jpg

Mildew_CureRTU-Front.gif

i have used it and seams to work well... Does anyone else use this???..

THe key word here is CONTROL. PM cannot be killed without killing the plant. The outbreaks can only be controlled (like herpes). Find a good fungistat. I used Serenade. It was a rough journey that cost me about 10% of my plants. I also have a review of Serenade in the Grow supplies products review sub forum. If u click the "Follow My Grow (1st Completed)" link in my signature this was addressed in my journal. I sprayed in week five. The effects are documented there based on my experience. The best advice I can give u is to keep ur temps and relative humidity in check at all times. Temp up, humidity down. Low temps, high humidity and ur askin for problems. My 2 cents.:peace:

vinegar and water works best and free..... at least for me . 10/1 mix spray every 3 days and the plants love it. can control and adds no taste.

Back
Top Bottom