Neem oil as organic pesticide?

jacob420

Hey everyone!

Has anybody ever heard of using neem oil as organic pesticide? I read about in a grow book by "Soma". He suggested diluted neem oil sprayed on the plants every 2-3 weeks. I've been doing it but as a little worried about the plants getting burned under the droplets of oil. What do you all think?

Jacob

Neem oil is awesome! Dilute, dilute, dilute!

As for burning from the droplets? What kinda lighting are you using?

Would suggest taking each girl out from under lighting and spray so the mist hits the UNDERSIDE of the leaf. If you are misting from above, you may want to leave your girl in indirect light til she dries.

Neem oil is awesome. With mites, it kinda suffocates them by coating their bodies and preventing them from breathing thru their skin.

-mouse :grinjoint:

Ok good stuff. Couldn't corroboation the info anywhere else so glad to know it's not gonna hurt my babies. They're under CFL's, does that affect the likely hood of burning?

I'll mist the undersides from now on and try to do it close to their lights out. Thanks!

Neem oil works wonders, it is safe to use. As with all sprays move them away until you are done spraying and they are dry as to not damage the lovely leaves.

It stinks, you should use the Einstein Neem Oil it is cold pressed and 100% organic. I use it on the 3 gals I have outside. You must use a wetting agent with it. I use Sm-90 as foliar spray with the Neem Oil and in my indoor gardens resevoir to protect the roots and the plants from fungus and pests.

I highly recommend it along with SM-90.

let me clarify I do not use the Neem Oil in the indoor garden resevoir. I only use the SM-90 multipurpose wetting agent.

If I do see pests, like aphids, spider mites, white flies, thripe or any other pest I would most definately use the neem oil just like I do on the girls out doors.

If you are wondering I have the following:
3 x Grand Daddy Purple - Indoor/Deep Water Culture
3 x Grape Ape - Indoor/Deep Water Culture
2 x Cheese - Outdoor
1 x Strawberry Cough - Outdoor

Just in case you were wondering

My grandmother used to spray her plants once a month with some mix of organic pest ridder. One time, I asked her why she used it when there were no pests on her houseplants. She just winked and kept spraying.

:wood:

Wasn't til I was a gardner that I got it.

Hey 420chic, ur girls look good! :goodluck:
:focus:

this is VERY IMPORTANT DO NOT USE NEEM OIL WHEN YOUR CLOSE TO HARVEST, trust me, neem oil dose work but be very careful not to use it unless you are for sure you can flush it out before harvest, it may be organic but it leaves a very foul taste in your product and gives a headache IF IT IS NOT FLUSHED OUT PROPERLY. JUST MY 2 CENTS

Neem is great. You can also use it to dip your clones into.

We use it here & I use neem oil in my soaps (I make soap), so if I'm using it on my skin all the time, I trust it will be ok on the plants (and it has been).

Back
Top Bottom