Neem Oil

Glazier

Hey everyone,
I was just wondering if you can spray neem oil on flowering plants ? I realize that any spraying or misting should be done in lights out or low light ,cloudy days situations. Just wasn't sure if it would harm flowers.
Thanks Glazier:scratchinghead:

U can spray but this is not the best idea while mold,

yours right spraying on full wattage is not the best idea its magnifying glasses effekt and can burn all.

but u can pour with neem, but u must doe this minimal 3 weeks(According to my experience) before harvest while the Aroma of the bud are affected for a while(stinks little bit as old coffe).

I had no choice but to spray all my plants, including my lady in flower, and she is close to harvest. I have been soaking all my plants twice a day for 2 days now, (due to recurring juveniles) with dilute neem oil mixed according to directions due to a massive spider mite breakout. The neem oil doesn't dry out the plants, like Safer 3 in 1 spray does, and if you're careful, turning off most your lights, you won't burn the leaves. I took special care not to soak the buds, but used a Q-Tip soaked in peroxide to clean the dead stuff from the colas.

I also gave them several clear water sprays during the day to wash away the residue and raise the humidity and trimmed out all the damaged leaves.

Why did I spray so often? Because only hours after the neem dried, I saw juveniles crawling under the leaves. Apparently neem is only effective when wet. The adults were obviously dead, but oh, my, what a battle! I don't know who got dosed with more neem oil, the plants or myself! I even wiped the eggs off with neem-coated fingers!

The directions say to spray once a week, but if I had waited that long, I would have been right back where I started.

Tomorrow is another day, and we'll see where I stand. If I have to, I'll treat with a dish soap/cooking oil mixture so the mites don't build up an immunity to the neem.

Just checked on everyone for the 5th time today, and it looks like all the ladies are doing well, and there is a healthy coating of clear trics on the buds in flower. I also see some new white hairs and plump calyxes among the dried-out hairs, so I didn't kill Medusa. But she sure looks tired from all the stress I've put her through this last month!

Apparently there is no easy fix, once the infestation takes hold!

Back
Top Bottom