Never seen this one before

dwlb051

420 Member
Every year I plant Durban Poison and every year I get a week of warm rainy weather in September and those beautiful kolas get bud rot. Last year one of the seeds I bought was clearly not DP It grew to nine feet tall and the buds were spaced out more evenly and did not get the bud rot and grew into mid October. Any suggestions as to what strain this might be would be helpful. Thanks

Every year I plant Durban Poison and every year I get a week of warm rainy weather in September and those beautiful kolas get bud rot. Last year one of the seeds I bought was clearly not DP It grew to nine feet tall and the buds were spaced out more evenly and did not get the bud rot and grew into mid October. Any suggestions as to what strain this might be would be helpful. Thanks
9’ and spaced out buds huh? That’s easy it’s cucumongacrackakilla. It’s cross of blueboogaloo and Kentuckyboogerpicker

Ok, let's ask the appropriate question. How many weeks was it in flower? Real Durban Poison goes 14-16 weeks. Fake dutch stuff goes 9.

From 9 to 15 or 16 ish.. depending on the valley or escapement it was collected in. Altitude different at different areas. Climates different around the Drakensberg mountains. Different terriors .
My point is Durban Poison is just one expression of landrace plants adapted to different conditions. I don't think the Dutch one Is a true 9 weeker and they definitely crossed something into it.
Sadly, once Dutch genetics made their way to Africa, all those landraces slowly got diluted and don't really exist. Even on remote areas there is pollen drifting.

Back
Top Bottom