Neverlow710's Lucy Soil Grow

neverlow710

This is my first posting on here, I decided to do a grow journal as I enjoy reading them and I would also like to contribute and get some advice on my own grow.

I have a 3'x3'x6.5' virtual sun grow tent with a 85 watt cfl and light hood the box has an exhaust fan and I later will add a carbon air filter and replace the light with a 300 wattled for flowering.

I have 2 plants growing right now in small clay pots and I'm going to choose the best of the 2 to transplant into a 5 gallon bucket when they grow out a little more.

The 2 plants I have are both Lucy, feminized seeds from reservation privada Colorado, and they are growing in a soil mixture of half compost and half organic potting soil mix with worm castings and azomite also thrown in. It is now day 13 of the seeds being in the soil. I have been watering every day as the soil drys out pretty fast and I have watered them with compost tea twice now.

The nutrients I have are EarthJuice Grow/Bloom/Catalyst. I currently have half strength of the mild dose bubbling in a 5 gallon bucket to be watered tommorrow for day 14.

Each plant has 2 sets of true leaves with the third set growing in. The temperature in the tent is 79° with a humidity of 50%. I also currently have the lights set to 18/6.

I haven't seen much on the strain Lucy so I am glad to share my journal with you guys and hopefully get sole feedback along the way.

Thanks!
IMG_20150601_191418.jpg
IMG_20150601_191335.jpg

Today is day 14 since she has been in the soil. Her third set of true leaves are coming in nicely and she's overall growing great.

I watered her today with quarter strength EJ Grow/Catalyst that's been bubbling in a 5gallon bucket for 36 hours. I'm hoping with the nutrients at only a quarter strength she should take to them nicely and get a little greener. I plan on giving her nutrients once a week upping the strength a little every time, while in the mean time also giving her compost tea once a week. Hopefully in a week or 2 I'll transplant her to the 5 gallon bucket where she'll remain for the rest of her time.

IMG_20150602_131654.jpg

Unfortunately I haven't had the greatest couple days, it is now Day 19. A couple days ago decent sized root came out the center of Lucy#3 (I started with 4 but narrowed them down to 2 which are Lucy#1 and Lucy#3) which Im afraid may have been the tap root, and I decided to try n put some soil into the hole and push the root back up a little, in the process of doing so a small peice of the root had broken off, she seems to be doing fine other then the fact her growth stopped to recover. This is now the 2nd day since that happened so I figured I should probably transplant them into 1 gallon pots as they both had roots growing out the bottom of the pot. So I turned over Lucy#1 to check her roots out to see if they for sure needed transplanting and instead of coming out smoothly a lot of the soil crumbled and probably gave the plant immense stress so I put her back in her clay pot and watered with super thrive.
IMG_20150607_180827.jpg

I'm hoping to transplant her tommorrow since I don't want to cause anymore stress then I already have. Luckily though I was able to transplant Lucy #3 without any problems.
IMG_20150607_180728.jpg

It just sucks that with one plant I broke a root but she transplanted fine and the other I disturbed the hell out of the roots and didn't even transplant her. I'm hoping for them to recover smoothly this week and be in good condition by my next posting!

IMG_20150607_180633.jpg

Healthy looking seedlings my friend, subscribed to the show. If I can help, I will.

Good luck and welcome to:420:

Here's a quick update, It is now day 24. Both of the plants are looking great though I feel there growing slightly slow. However they are supposed to have slow veg growth as an inherited trait.
IMG_20150612_230445.jpg
IMG_20150612_224013_2.jpg

I gave Lucy#3 nutrients yesterday and Lucy#1 today. Lucy#3 received half strength of a mild dose and #1 got a slightly stronger dose as I'm unsure what they can really take.
IMG_20150612_224111.jpg

I also decided to top them today as they both have 4-5 nodes, I'm hoping there new shoots will grow in nicely this week.
IMG_20150612_230327.jpg
IMG_20150612_230743.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom