Anonymous Organic Soil - Chemdog-Lucy-Vanilla Kush - Smart Pot

Anonymous123

Hi Guys and welcome to my very first grow. I've lurked and lurked for probably months waiting for the right time to get everything set up to start this log. So far I do not have many questions as I've done months of reading already but I'm always looking for input on how things are going or even just some support. :laugh:
I as many of you have been sponsored by Corey from Blue Planet Nutrients and I am ever so grateful for his support and Hope he gets a chance to check out my journal. Thank you very much for checking everything out.

I will be growing the strains:
Chemdog from Greenhouse Seeds which is a OG kush x Sour Diesel cross
Lucy from Barney's Farm which is Skunk #1 x Mazar
Vanilla Kush also from Barney's Farm who's genetics come from kashmir and afghan
All three are feminized seeds.

They are a week old and vegging Under a CFL light fixuture with 9x 23w 6500k 3x 23w 2700k. Due to heating issues I have it only running 6 of the 6500k's. I plan to purchase a 400w HPS light fixture before flowering to flower them under.

As far as grow medium, they are in a 2/3 FFOF 1/3 Perlite organic soil mix with added Dolomite lime and mycorrizhae they are currently in solo cups with about a inch of perlite at the bottom. They will end up in 5 gallon Smart pots with the same organic soil mixture from above.

My cabinet is a wood cabinet that has be sealed and painted with a flat white kilz paint. moisture and mold resistant. I have a 4" exhaust currently running but as you know from earlier I will need to be upgrading this here shortly so I can use all my lights. I run a small fan and a cool mist humidifier in the cabinet. I plan to replace the small fan with a small wall mount oscillating fan. Currently is runs about 79-82 Degrees and about 39-41% humidity during the daytime and around 65-68 degrees and about 55% humidity at night

I plan to use Blue Planet Nutrients Farmer's Pride Line to organically feed my plants. I will run the recommended feeding schedule starting a few weeks after the girls get to their final pots. I do not plan to check or manage pH at all during this grow due to the dolomite lime and general steady pH of Corey's amazing Formula. Once in there smart pots I will be low stress training them to grow in a circle around the smart pot.

Here's My Light
DSCN03996.JPG
DSCN03983.JPG

I Germinated them in Root Riot Starter Cubes. Honestly I just took the cubes out of the bag already at proper moisture content. Stuck the seeds pointy tip down in the cube. Put em in the tray and kept em wet. Turned the light on about 12 hours later. And waited. Took around 4 days to sprout but all 3 sprouted so I'm not complaining. I love these cubes super easy and transplanted great to my solo cups.
Germinated 4/1
DSCN03942.JPG

Next the solo Cups. 4/7
Group Shot:
DSCN04054.JPG

Chemdog:
DSCN04086.JPG

Lucy:
DSCN04077.JPG

Vanilla Kush:
DSCN04064.JPG

First week update. 4/14 Today :thumb:

Chemdog growing fairly fast compared to the other 2
DSCN04105.JPG
DSCN04136.JPG

Lucy:
DSCN04115.JPG
DSCN04145.JPG

Vanilla Kush:
DSCN04126.JPG
DSCN04158.JPG

Well thanks to everyone that takes the time to read and I'll be posting with a update again soon :thanks:

-Anonymous

Re: Anonymous Blue Planet Nutrient Organic Soil - Chemdog/Lucy/Vanilla Kush - Smart P

Ya the light was designed by my good friend who is my electrician/builder/helping hand through this whole process.

It's designed that all the lights can be turned and moved to allow me to put them as close as possible to the plants once they start growing up, also the hanger allows me to position it at any angle and it will stay there... even a 45 degree angle. Gotta love the PVC light fixtures eh?

Re: Anonymous Blue Planet Nutrient Organic Soil - Chemdog/Lucy/Vanilla Kush - Smart P

Here's My Light
DSCN03996.JPG

-Anonymous

Hey! Nice setup! Question: Why did your electrician friend point the bottom of the bulbs at the plants? I ask because CFLs light is greatest from the SIDES of the bulb. It would be better to place them in a horizontal orientation to take advantage of the most light possible from these lights. You can also cut soda cans open from top to bottom and open them out to make a curved reflector for the most light possible from these.

I mean no offense in this, I'm just offering some help.

You're off to a great start!

Alright here is week 2's Update everyone

Chemdog Growing fast and beautifully

Next up is Lucy

Last but not least Vanilla Kush

Thank you everyone for joining in and everyone is more than welcome... Sorry about the short update I'm getting ready to leave town here in about an hour. Won't get to see my girls for a couple days my roommate is going to be keeping an eye on them. Again thank you all very much and I'll see you guys in a couple days.

:thanks:

EDIT: Alright so I can't seem to figure out how to post picture on the new website sooo hopefully it will be fixed when I come back from my trip. Photos are in gallery if anyone can get them to show up it would be greatly appreciated. Bye guys and see you in a few days

Wow, excellent build on the pvc light fixture!!! Definitely subbed for this one !

alright here is last weeks pictures now that I am back...
Chemdog

Lucy
Only 1 picture is showing up from the gallery... I guess there are still some bugs...

Vanilla Kush

Now the girls are looking a little down... Tomorrow morning I will be putting new pictures up and might need a little help identifying what is the problem... we will see how they look in the morning.

Sorry I'm a day late but here is week 3's update

I water once every couple days. not too often try to not over water... I know its a common problem lol. I use the lift technique to kinda figure out hot much water is left in the cups before I water.

Well sorry it took so long but here is week 3's pictures.

Chemdog
DSCN04265.JPG
DSCN04277.JPG
DSCN04286.JPG

She is looking a little yellow on her bottom leaves but not looking horrible not sure why she is like this tho.

Lucy looks the best out of all of em but also the smallest
DSCN04298.JPG
DSCN04307.JPG

Only a little yellowing on the bottom leaves

Vanilla Kush is looking the worst of them all and I really would love some input.
DSCN04318.JPG
DSCN04326.JPG
DSCN04337.JPG
DSCN04348.JPG

I honestly have no idea but hopefully you all have some ideas. I've looked at all the problem identifier topics and nothing seems to help. Thanks everyone and I'll be back again shortly lol

High Anonymous123,

It looks to me that you are overwatering. The soil is staying to wet, when this happens, it can cause some nute lockout. Allow your soil to dry out for a few days, I let my solo cups go for about 3 days without feeding/watering. Only when you have lots and lots of roots should you feed/water everyday.

:peacetwo:

So Im wondering why your not gonna check PH level? Like your lights setup, Gave me an idea how to improve my lights. If I use the pvc setup with the reflector Im using [heater duct work] it would work really well. Did u use normal pvc glue to put together? Good job so far

High Anonymous123,

It looks to me that you are overwatering. The soil is staying to wet, when this happens, it can cause some nute lockout. Allow your soil to dry out for a few days, I let my solo cups go for about 3 days without feeding/watering. Only when you have lots and lots of roots should you feed/water everyday.

:peacetwo:

Thank you very much, I will let them go the next couple days without water and see if things improve...
Vanilla kush has started looking the same on her second node as you can see on her bottom in the pictures. although the tops all look beautiful.

I watered them today... Like an idiot ha so I'll refrain and let them dry out for a while.
So Im wondering why your not gonna check PH level? Like your lights setup, Gave me an idea how to improve my lights. If I use the pvc setup with the reflector Im using [heater duct work] it would work really well. Did u use normal pvc glue to put together? Good job so far

I won't be checking PH levels because my soil should keep a constant 7 PH due to my use of dolomite lime and the nutrient solution I'm using from BPN is PH balanced and designed to stay that way. In most organics it should PH balance itself if you do it properly. I just don't want to put all the thought into perfect PH balance when with the stuff I'm using I've been no need from other people.

The light is also not glued together the fitting fit snug and hold tight. No glue also means that they can turn and move and I can position the bulbs how and wherever I want.

Back
Top Bottom