New Clone Machine Very low profile

MisterPeabody

There appears to be a silicone o-ring that fits in a groove on the lid. This should do as a positive seal from all the water flying around inside

dscf6985.jpg

Simple. Effective. VERY low profile.:thumb:

dscf6997.jpg

The 190 GPH Mag Drive Pump is plenty of power to drive the 4 EZ Cloner spray heads. I've tried every known mister available from your local hardware store and none work like the EZ Cloner nozzle. 60 cents apiece. They don't clog. They will prevent a lot of headaches. No, hardware stores don't carry them. You local hydro shop does. They ARE worth the trip.

dscf6986.jpg

I cut 2" holes in the lid, then I took 1/4" air pump tubing, split it with a razor and inserted the split end into the 2" hole. This created a "sealing ring". Since this early unit, I now use 2" site plugs with holes drilled in them for the stem, then insert foam pucks into the site plugs. This method is hands down better than anything I have found short of purchasing a cloning solution

dscf7001.jpg

This is where the power cord and air hose exit the unit. Note the rubber split o-ring sealing the power cord. We don't want a leak...not even a drip. Drips tend to add up to more than just drips.

dscf6992f.jpg

Some of you may have been wondering how I got the big plug into the small hole. Simple. I cut it then installed a 2 dollar Home Depot GROUNDED male plug (BE SURE AND GET A GROUNDED ONE). WATER IS A PHENOMENAL CONDUCTOR OF ELECTRICITY! We want you to live to tell us about grow, not read about you in the obituary. Nuff said here.

dscf6995.jpg

I set a clear piece of glass over the top and fired it up. Almost in every case, you'll need to adjust the spray nozzles for even distribution to all your clone sights. Using a piece of glass makes it easy to adjust for even coverage

This is a view of how the pump is secured to the base of the tub. I set the pump on the side to keep it as low as possible and used a 90 to tie the distribution manifold to the pump. I used 4 way sticky-back zip tie clips to secure it all together

dscf6987.jpg

That's it! It really doesn't get much easier than this. Hope ya enjoyed!:peacetwo:

um, I guess I just prefer Old Skool tek. I use a tray and dome. If i ever get a fungus in the clones It takes about 5min and $6 to throw some clones into a new tray. I do have to say that a very low profile fogger style cloner is tantalizing to me.

You have an uncanny knack for taking cheap items & turning them into something somewhere in the vicinity of professional.

Thanks for the walk through

How fine a spray are we talking on those output tips?

I'll 2nd the earth heads up also. Good work

Back
Top Bottom