New Coco grower question

dakotamoon

This is my CBD Critical in a solo cup, it's almost ready to be transplanted.. My tent got a new light yesterday .. so with the increased light, and drying? Do these photos show salt buildup, in the drying coco or some fungal thing? The white spots are on my 3 seedlings in solo cups. This plant is 17 days old from germination, or 14 days from first popping up form soil. They've been fed according to Critical's nutes regimen, at 5.8 ph. This seedling is getting 520 ppm (consisting of 50 ppm ro water/ 1 ml Earthjuice micro blast, the rest of the 520 ppm comes from Dutch Nutrients Grow A and Grow B. RH 40% with cool mist humidifier in tent, and 77 degrees faherenheit during lighting. 67 at night. Thanks.

Attachments

• CBD Critical 2018 12 25 - Salts.JPG
    CBD Critical 2018 12 25 - Salts.JPG
    423.1 KB · Views: 58
  • CBD Critical 2018 12 25 - Salts2.JPG
    CBD Critical 2018 12 25 - Salts2.JPG
    423.8 KB · Views: 65
Thanks, Wally .. my tent humidifier is on high now, but Canada's winters are so dry. It's a huge humidifier for a 3x 3 tent. But maybe it needs 2 of them.

I think I have my finger on the problem: I have a very cheap fan speed controller, and can't turn the carbon filter exhaust down far enough, so I'm humidifying my attic. I plan to rewire the motor with a real speed controller next.

My quantum light is saving me here. with 4 seedlings, it's pointless to have my carbon filter 6" fan on, it just sucks all the air out of the tent. With the Quantum light on ..the heat is fine with one small fan in .. and one fan out.. not like a typhoon wind from the fan.. once the plants are established - they will increase the humidity on their own. So much to learn and so much fun.

Here are the girls, they look so much happier in larger parts, and now with the proper RH, they are getting very thirsty.

Attachments

• CBDCritical x2, AFKush x2, 12 27 2018.JPG
    CBDCritical x2, AFKush x2, 12 27 2018.JPG
    819.3 KB · Views: 58
  • CBDCritical x2, AFKush 12 27 2018.JPG
    CBDCritical x2, AFKush 12 27 2018.JPG
    888.4 KB · Views: 57
Thanks, I have been looking at those, but right now I'm finding out - I have way too much fan for my tent. I was given a 6" centrifugal fan, I put reducers on it down to 4" but even at low speed (these motors don't speed control at all, and with a 3x3 tent it's ovekill, great fro bloom when the plants are humming, but during veg.. it's just sucking my atmosphere away! I plan to get a smaller motor that is easier to control, then I might look into the RH controller, thanks again.

Can I ask what controller and fan you have? I'm just on my 2nd grow, and many things which are "apparent" to experienced growers, go over my head. ;) Not sure what I was looking at, but the page I'm on now has reasonably priced controllers.

Thanks, Wally - I did look at those. My head is exploding doing all the research on environment controllers. I've been trying to stand on my head to slow the motor down, but that is pointless - as you say - for some reason I thought these things cost several hundred dollars. The fan was never an issue in the summer, as our RH was perfect, so it never reared it's head in my mind till now. Every time I think "I'm all set, now - won't have to buy anything else....", amazing hobby. Thanks again.

Can you tell me if you have the
ITC-1000
which is rack mounted, or the ITC-300 series which have long female plug adatpers on them? The rack mounted are much cheaper, but need extra wiring to the relays! Just answered my own question, the rack mount are very low current, so it has to be the standalone units.

Thanks for all your help folks! Inkbird arrived and installed - works like a charm. In cooling mode it's awesome: when my tent temp goes over 78F - my fan comes on till there is a 3 degree drop in temp, and then back off! RH is not an issue - as I have to have a cool mist humdifier at this time of year, and it's controllable. My girls will be so much happier now. Awesome for $56 CDN!

During my research on how to use my fan blower motor more efficiently: Here we have very high hydro rates, I calculated the kilowatt hours and cost of my 85 watt Elicent fan - $126 - if left on 24/7 for the year. So I came across this switch, which will turn a load on for 20 minutes, then off for 20 minutes, there are other versions of this switch which are programmable.

Fan Switch

So there are more ways to look at this problem.

Back
Top Bottom