New First Timer - Indoor Organic Grow

tweedreid

Hey guys, first time indoor grow going. I have been playing with set up , lighting, ventilation Etc. Trying to get consistent temps and results. Anyways, these seeds sprouted over three weeks ago and I only have 1 to 2 inches of growth going. I have started to feed with general organics grow box Nutes . I am using an all organic soil and water with reverse osmosis with pH of 6.5. They are underneath and eight bulb T5 fixture. I will be transplanting out of the solo cup soon into a 1 gallon smart pots. Is it normal for seedlings to be this size and color at this stage three weeks after sprouting? Also I have many vegetables such as peppers tomatoes etc. in the same tent as my plants. Is this taking away from oxygen and other things from my girls?
420-magazine-mobile1206261322.jpg
420-magazine-mobile210391782.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2000410315.jpg
420-magazine-mobile191186527.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey guys, first time indoor grow going. I have been playing with set up , lighting, ventilation Etc. Trying to get consistent temps and results. Anyways, these seeds sprouted over three weeks ago and I only have 1 to 2 inches of growth going. I have started to feed with general organics grow box Nutes . I am using an all organic soil and water with reverse osmosis with pH of 6.5. They are underneath and eight bulb T5 fixture. I will be transplanting out of the solo cup soon into a 1 gallon smart pots. Is it normal for seedlings to be this size and color at this stage three weeks after sprouting? Also I have many vegetables such as peppers tomatoes etc. in the same tent as my plants. Is this taking away from oxygen and other things from my girls?
420-magazine-mobile1206261322.jpg
420-magazine-mobile210391782.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2000410315.jpg
420-magazine-mobile191186527.jpg

Looks good what strains are they . The first 2 weeks are usually slow. When transplanted they will take off . what medium are you growing in?

"carpe diem" and grow to your hearts content

My girls are 17 days above soil... This was this morning. No fancy genes. REG seeds. First time grower.
420-magazine-mobile1036148345.jpg

You have ALOT of plants. I'm confused... so are only the ones in squares your cannabis? You say you are going to transplant them from the solo cups.... They are look WAY too small to be giving nutrients. They actually look too small to transplant. I'm no expert by any means but I would get everything but your cannabis and maybe a COUPLE decoy plants out of there... You don't want them to have to compete to breathe (and it's the C02 they breathe). You may have space now it cannabis grows crazy fast!!! They look over watered as well. You want to wait until they are pretty much completely dried out before watering again. Ease off the nutes... let them dry out... and get rid off all the extra stuff and focus on your cannabis first.... a few decoy plants are okay. Why such numbers btw?? Are you planning on taking this grow outdoors? I'm overwhelmed here with 8 plants... I can't even up pot my last seedling because I ended up with more plants than space!

I'm sure with a little TLC you will have your girls perky and happy in no time!

your problem is your half coco half soil half organic half hydro at the minute , the plugs are coco ? if so your ph should be 5.5 for seedlings then 5.8 through veg but roots will be going into soil now and that should be 6.5 /7 your plant is having a litle lock out , once the roots get longer it should grow again , i made the same mistake long time ago :)

Looks good what strains are they . The first 2 weeks are usually slow. When transplanted they will take off . what medium are you growing in?

"carpe diem" and grow to your hearts content

Seize the Day! Thanks for the reply. Nirvana Auto AK48 and Auto Aurora Indica the bigger of the 3 I have is Purple Express Auto Fem from Freedom Seeds. Im learning that Auto may not be the best choice however. (Any thoughts?)

The current medium is a Root Riot plug planted in
420-magazine-mobile1766292459.jpg
FaFard Organic Soil. This was suggested from the cute girl who worked at the Hydro Store .-. however I feel like the Root Riot is too restrictive of a PEAT Moss material and the FaFard soil has pieces of pine bark or something that I don't like.

I will be going from seed germination to Solo cup of soil on my next grow. (Not sure what the best seed starting soil though, Open to Suggestions)

Im hoping to transplant Tomorrow into a 1 gallon Roots Organics Original Soil and a little Super-Thrive .

I have made so many mistakes with these seeds from germination to current situation, yet I have learned so much in the Past 3 weeks that Im feeling good about starting new seeds and being successful.

Thanks again man, I appreciate all of the input I can get. Have a Good One ✌️

My girls are 17 days above soil... This was this morning. No fancy genes. REG seeds. First time grower.
420-magazine-mobile1036148345.jpg

You have ALOT of plants. I'm confused... so are only the ones in squares your cannabis? You say you are going to transplant them from the solo cups.... They are look WAY too small to be giving nutrients. They actually look too small to transplant. I'm no expert by any means but I would get everything but your cannabis and maybe a COUPLE decoy plants out of there... You don't want them to have to compete to breathe (and it's the C02 they breathe). You may have space now it cannabis grows crazy fast!!! They look over watered as well. You want to wait until they are pretty much completely dried out before watering again. Ease off the nutes... let them dry out... and get rid off all the extra stuff and focus on your cannabis first.... a few decoy plants are okay. Why such numbers btw?? Are you planning on taking this grow outdoors? I'm overwhelmed here with 8 plants... I can't even up pot my last seedling because I ended up with more plants than space!

I'm sure with a little TLC you will have your girls perky and happy in no time!

Kitty, Thank you so much for the reply and Love. I am def Green with Envy of your seeds to plants in a little over two weeks. Outstanding results and great looking plants so far. ...

From seed to Veg what lighting set up are you using? Is your lighting LED only or do you supplement with T5 or CFL?.

Yeah sorry , it was really crowded in the tent. Everything you see besides the 4 black squares are Veggies and Herbs , which have, since photo , been planted outdoors in Florida 85 degree weather. I was Trying to make the most use of the new 8 bulb 4ft T5 fixture i got. But yes the special seeds were in the square 4" plastipots.

I have 1 each of Nirvana AK48 Auto Fem and Aurora Indica and Purple Express from Freedom Seeds. My Nirvana Northern Light Auto Fem did not survive due to a poor soaking in water for 15 hours and thrown into the Root Riot Peat plug to germinate. This was suggested to me from store clerk, however I am not impressed with the results and will NOT be using this method in the future. Luckily I didn't go with the other guys suggestion at the same store who sold me a strip of Rockwool Cubes for seed germination , which I feel probably would have been even worse results.

The lights dry the plants daily, I had just watered prior to photos. I was giving a 1/5 of suggested solution of General Organics GO box nutes but have only used 6.5 RO water the past 3 Days.

I really dont like the soil they are in and the current 4" pots are short so im thinking transplanting to a 1 gallon Smartpot with Premium soil will give more Downward root space and will give me a more controlled watering schedule.

With as much more growth that you have than I do during the same Time frame, I am willing to take the risk of transplanting them and starting over with new seeds.

Anyways thank you so much once again, look forward to hearing from you soon. ..

your problem is your half coco half soil half organic half hydro at the minute , the plugs are coco ? if so your ph should be 5.5 for seedlings then 5.8 through veg but roots will be going into soil now and that should be 6.5 /7 your plant is having a litle lock out , once the roots get longer it should grow again , i made the same mistake long time ago :)

Hey Teach, Thank you so much for checking out my stunted Seedlings.

Yeah you really had me thinking about correct ph and what material the Root Riot plugs were made of. The bag says they are Compressed Peat Pellets. I cant wait to use them for Cuttings and Clones, however they are NOT suggested IMO for beans whatsoever.

I agree with longer roots. I feel like transplanting these seedlings into a 1 gallon SmartPot with a little Super-Thrive water will give them the much needed Room and Boost they Need to Grow.

Thanks again for checking these out, I appreciate your Knowledge and experience and look forward to checking out your grows as well.

P.S. I did give you a thumbs up on the Plant of the month Photo.

the peat is a ph of roughly 4.6 i am sure so its very low , i dont like using them , i ue the coco pellets and ph to 5.5 then work up to 6 as flowers are stacking this is in coco :)
if you grow in soil its best to start with soil , i did the same thing with the pellets an not too long ago lol ...live and learn :)

Kitty, Thank you so much for the reply and Love. I am def Green with Envy of your seeds to plants in a little over two weeks. Outstanding results and great looking plants so far. ...

From seed to Veg what lighting set up are you using? Is your lighting LED only or do you supplement with T5 or CFL?.

Yeah sorry , it was really crowded in the tent. Everything you see besides the 4 black squares are Veggies and Herbs , which have, since photo , been planted outdoors in Florida 85 degree weather. I was Trying to make the most use of the new 8 bulb 4ft T5 fixture i got. But yes the special seeds were in the square 4" plastipots.

I have 1 each of Nirvana AK48 Auto Fem and Aurora Indica and Purple Express from Freedom Seeds. My Nirvana Northern Light Auto Fem did not survive due to a poor soaking in water for 15 hours and thrown into the Root Riot Peat plug to germinate. This was suggested to me from store clerk, however I am not impressed with the results and will NOT be using this method in the future. Luckily I didn't go with the other guys suggestion at the same store who sold me a strip of Rockwool Cubes for seed germination , which I feel probably would have been even worse results.

The lights dry the plants daily, I had just watered prior to photos. I was giving a 1/5 of suggested solution of General Organics GO box nutes but have only used 6.5 RO water the past 3 Days.

I really dont like the soil they are in and the current 4" pots are short so im thinking transplanting to a 1 gallon Smartpot with Premium soil will give more Downward root space and will give me a more controlled watering schedule.

With as much more growth that you have than I do during the same Time frame, I am willing to take the risk of transplanting them and starting over with new seeds.

Anyways thank you so much once again, look forward to hearing from you soon. ..

Heya!!!
So... to answer your question. I used 30 watt cfls to nurse my germinated seeds. (Once they showed tap roots I put them in soil). I Usually dedicated one bulb to one MAYBE two babies. I then weaned them into a combo of my Mars300 led and cfls. I still have them under the 300 with a couple different cfls. They are still under a foot high. I think the plants enjoy the warmth of the cfls in early veg. I will be putting them under a MUCH more powerful LED in jut a few days though. I bought a Mars 2 1200 and that is what I will use for late veg/flowering. I will still probably have a cfl or two in my flower tent for two reasons... the white light makes it easier for ME to see (the blurple of the LEDs can sometimes mask little inconsistencies) AND I just have this theory in my brain that adding a few watts of cfl for every 100 of LED really helps those LEDs perform to their full potential. I don't know if it's the white light, the color spectrum, or all in my head...

Glad you got your space sorted. Floros can grow great weed if you do it right! I was actually going through some photos of me in Amsterdam when I was backpacking in college.... now this was almost ten years ago but this photo was taken at the Cannabis College in Amsterdam in like 2008 I think. If you look behind me... all the plants are under cfls! Granted this was a while ago (before leds were being used) but... goes to show FLORoS can and will produce great buds....
420-magazine-mobile1917332071.jpg

UPDATE:

So I transplanted into 1 gallon SmartPots this week and things are looking much better.

420-magazine-mobile26581309.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1825668316.jpg

I planned on using Roots Organics Original Soil and found it was full of bugs . Little Flies of some kind. I ended up using FF Ocean Forest soil but was weary of that soil being "too hot" for My struggling little seedlings.

Seems to be going well though. The plants have perked up and nearly doubled in size after transplant a few days ago.

I was having Temp control issues in my growspace topping out at 105 Degrees one day . I was Using lights at nighttime on an 18/6 schedule and keeping temps around 85 or 90 degrees however the " Lights Out" Temps were around the same temp. Ive read its good to have a natural temp drop of 10-15 degrees during no light hours.

Anyways Finally installed a 8" Fan , 6" Scrubber and 6" Silencer that is Vented Outdoors and has my temps staying around 82 Degrees lights on and 72 For Lights Out.

Seems to be doing well for now, will keep this updated.

Pics of the girls today:

AK48 - Growing tightly together and drooping inwards .
420-magazine-mobile1195463366.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1503042093.jpg

Aurora Indica - Starting to spread her wings after Transplant.
420-magazine-mobile1165168328.jpg

420-magazine-mobile33337464.jpg

Purple Express - Has been biggest of the 3 since start. 3rd Node Coming in nicely.
420-magazine-mobile592839571.jpg

420-magazine-mobile828181626.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

Pics from Last Night:

AK-48 - starting to open nicely.
420-magazine-mobile1854432492.jpg

Purple Express- Continues to Grow Nicely. -
420-magazine-mobile421551218.jpg

420-magazine-mobile750390023.jpg

Aurora Indica - Coming in Nicely.
420-magazine-mobile2073264618.jpg

420-magazine-mobile822602492.jpg

I finally set up my 2 Cali SolarFlare LED lights hanging angled towards plants about 22" away. My 600w MH lights is on Top at about 16" away.

420-magazine-mobile1982673757.jpg

Its a little warm at 80 Degrees but I might try to add additional timers and run full lights during the coolest part of the night and alternate LED lights through the rest of the 18 hour light period.
420-magazine-mobile1437097455.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1783476139.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

420-magazine-mobile2078383997.jpg

Purple Express 3/23

420-magazine-mobile536986939.jpg

Aurora Indica 3/23

420-magazine-mobile1506871250.jpg

Back
Top Bottom