New Grower! Lots of ?'s

LushezAmber89

I started growing my seeds the 11th of March and this is my practice plant. It's doing amazing! It's rounding about 2 ft and we just started the 12/12 cycle. I have a lot of questions! Please help! Any questions answered will help!

1. Question #1- Some of our leaves are 7-leaved, some are 8-leaved, and some are 9 leaved. Is this any indication of a problem? Does this indicate we should've started the flowering stage sooner? It got to 9 leaves and now it fluctuates between 7, 8, and 9.
  2. Question #2- we used just seeds we found in a good bag we've smoked. the leaves look more indica, but they also look a little sativa. does this possibly mean a hybrid? if so, when should we harvest? we plan on doing the flowering stage for 9 weeks.
  3. Question #3- our bottom leaves are starting to die off. i believe it is because most of the light is directed to the top of the plant. is this okay? it's not really drastic. it's the same 2-4 leaves and it's been happening slowly. i feel it may be a little nute burn that contributes. we only get the problem when we spray fertilizer but i believe it is because we used slow release soil so when we spray it it is too much otherwise we don't have the problem.
  4. Question #4- our plants are getting white spots. we believe it is due to the gnats that have happened to make this their home. do they harm our plant? we have a ladybug we put in to help with pest problems but we are still getting a few of the spots. any help that doesn't require pesticides?
  5. Question #5- i've heard pruning helps yield more buds. when is the appropriate time? how? and where?

like i said, i know there are a lot of questions but any answers help!

THANKS! :thanks:

Question #1- Some of our leaves are 7-leaved, some are 8-leaved, and some are 9 leaved. Is this any indication of a problem? Does this indicate we should've started the flowering stage sooner? It got to 9 leaves and now it fluctuates between 7, 8, and 9. *** No, this is only that plants characteristics.

Question #2- we used just seeds we found in a good bag we've smoked. the leaves look more indica, but they also look a little sativa. does this possibly mean a hybrid? if so, when should we harvest? we plan on doing the flowering stage for 9 weeks. *** Unless with absolute pics, and a tight genetic background knowledge of the origins, it would be difficult to tell.

Question #3- our bottom leaves are starting to die off. i believe it is because most of the light is directed to the top of the plant. is this okay? it's not really drastic. it's the same 2-4 leaves and it's been happening slowly. i feel it may be a little nute burn that contributes. we only get the problem when we spray fertilizer but i believe it is because we used slow release soil so when we spray it it is too much otherwise we don't have the problem.** What are your growing in? Soil? Hydro? How long has it been vegging? What type of fertlizers being used? Watering? when and how much?

Question #4- our plants are getting white spots. we believe it is due to the gnats that have happened to make this their home. do they harm our plant? Yes, they can...we have a ladybug we put in to help with pest problems but we are still getting a few of the spots. any help that doesn't require pesticides? Neem Oil spray applications.

Question #5- i've heard pruning helps yield more buds. when is the appropriate time? how? and where? I start at the 3rd - 4th node from birth. One time top. Pruning is a Growers choice, and there are alos otehr methods to increase interior and lateral branching, resulting in more buds...:smokin:

** What are your growing in? Soil? Hydro? How long has it been vegging? What type of fertlizers being used? Watering? when and how much?

We are growing it in soil. It's actually half and half (some we bought, some was given to us). The bottom half is i BELIEVE Scott's All Purpose Potting Soil. The top half was ours and it was Sta Gro All Purpose Potting Soil. I'm not sure what you would call vegging. We Planted it in March (11th) and about two weeks later we put it under a 17hr on and 7 hr off cycle. It's been like that since. We just put it on a 12/12 cycle last night. The soil has a slow release fertilizer and we also put some nutriet spikes. We don't really fertilize other than that, but the one we were using was a miracle grow fertilizer that you dissolve in 2 gals of water. We don't like to use that though because our spray bottle isn't meant for 2 gals so a) we think its too strong and b) it used to have febreeze in it. We were told to just wash the chemicals out as much as possible and let it sit out, then let the water also sit out (we currently use tap that's been sat out over night) but it seems to always cause nute burn so we try not to fertilize it. We are watering about every 2-3 days but recently someone else watered and over watered so we're experiencing some drooping. It is clearing up but what sort of toll do you think that will have on our plants?

I start at the 3rd - 4th node from birth. One time top. Pruning is a Growers choice, and there are alos otehr methods to increase interior and lateral branching, resulting in more buds...
Can I start pruning now or do you think it's too late? And if I do start now, should i still start at the 3rd-4th node?

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!

Dont touch the plant, your in flowering stop .... listen .... 1st get legit. with all the poor quality products your using and information given it is not possible to tell whats wrong with your plants, whats going to happen to them, or even if there male or female, Start by reading some information on proper nutrients, lighting, enviorment, and good genetics from seed or clone. We have all been in the "noob" stage growing in our closet but listen you grow bag seeds with miracle grow your better off saving your money on products and shit by buying a bag.

ITs all good man its her first time, she can try it in miracle soil i know alot of people dont think it works that good. But i have seen grows here with mg and they have turned out nice. So i say just keep on growing! and try it!

thanks l8tnightskunk! =)

1st of all, my plant is a female.
2nd of all, it's not so much "bag seed". i know where i got the seeds from, it's a hybrid plant.
3rd of all, it's not "impossible" because i've found out what a lot of my problems were on here.

maybe you were high based off the time that was posted so i'll ignore the negativity.

before preaching at me maybe you should've looked at the date that was posted ^^ i'm evidently not having the problems anymore or my plant would be dead, which it isn't.

i've read up on a lot of things before doing this. I just hit a few bumps in the road but my plant is doing great now.

i really don't find it necessary to spend a lot of money on something if it's only a hobby not a job. the stuff i have is working awesome.

once again, thanks for the POSITIVE encouragement l8tnightskunk

Back
Top Bottom