New grower!

NewlyGrowin

Greetings everyone,

New grower here. (And I use the term grower loosely)

I have grown herbs and veggies in the garden but nothing like this.

I am a middle-aged computer guy who visits our now legal dispensaries here in California infrequently and consume primarily edibles in small quantities. I am growing more for fun and knowledge just to see what I can do.

With that said, HELLO out there!

You will all laugh at this, as do I when I think about it, but what prompted me to look into this was the empty Aerogarden I have. I bought some seeds online and was going to plant it in the Aerogarden but after weeks of research I am rethinking that heavily.

So I will be asking some really, REALLY basic questions in the regular forums regarding lighting, soil versus Hydro, etc. My apologies ahead of time if I seem like a total new guy. I kind of am?

Anyhow, good to meet y’all! Once I decide what path to take I will start a grow journal to give you all a good chuckle.

Talk to you soon

Thanks,

NG

Greetings and welcome to 420!

I went the opposite route to you with growing. I grew some weed plants and then started a veggie garden. Different plants have different requirements, and if you've grown herbs and veggies before it shouldn't take you long to pick up. You might have a few bumps in the road early on growing something new but a plant is a plant and you've already got some experience growing.

Ask lots of questions but also give plenty of information, because the more info you provide the better people can help you out.

And don't apologize for being the new guy. Everyone was a new guy once.

Welcome to the forum! I urge you to start a grow journal and document everything. When (not if!) you run into trouble, the experienced growers will be able to make suggestions if they can see your process. And post pics. We love pics. :D

Peruse some of the other grow journals too. Plenty of folks around here are wonderful about sharing their knowledge. I'm still learning, but I've about doubled my yields since starting to visit this terrific forum!

Best of luck with the grows! Fun times ahead. :yummy:

Welcome buddy! I’ve only been here a couple months but have met some good peoples and very knowledgeable. If things go wrong you will have a community to help you through it. If when they go right they will cheer you on!

Back
Top Bottom