New guy - First grow questions

I'm growing outdoors and I haven't fertilized, having read that they need to have a couple more sets of leaves or I could burn the delicate roots at this early stage. Is that wrong, should I be fertilizing?
What's your medium? Looks like coco. If so, that has nothing in it for the plant to eat. The seed leaves have everything the plant needs for the first few days. After that, some diluted nutes are in order, depending on what you plan to feed them with.

Whatever you're doing is working for sure!

I'm on my first grow as well, and my seeds sprouted on May 26, 4 days after yours. So comparatively, mine are really lagging. I'm growing outdoors and I haven't fertilized, having read that they need to have a couple more sets of leaves or I could burn the delicate roots at this early stage. Is that wrong, should I be fertilizing?

IMG_1917.JPG
Do you have a thread somewhere?
As that's indeed lagging although outside you can't expect the same pace as inside.
They look okay, but they haven't been able to do anything.
Join the SIP or SWICK club.. make some of those, transplant them, feed them and they'll be fine.

Good thing I found this thread for comparative purposes.

Yeah, I guess I can't expect same results as Perkpot. You're rockin' your first grow!

This morning I hit em with a mild dose of my homemade, which is remarkably similar to that Elm Dirt.

My mix is seaweed that's been sitting in a 5-gal bucket of water, to which I added alfalfa pellets, fish emulsion 5-1-1, crushed eggshells, & composted horse manure that has hay & pine shavings. It stinks to high heaven but has been working well in my garden.

No thread or journal, and sorry to be hijacking this thread a bit HAHA. I'll start my own sometime soon.

Thanks y'all.

As that's indeed lagging although outside you can't expect the same pace as inside.
They look okay, but they haven't been able to do anything.
Join the SIP or SWICK club.. make some of those, transplant them, feed them and they'll be fine
Couldn't have said it better myself. :cheesygrinsmiley: :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom