New & kinda lost

Absolutely, the plant is obviously too large for the pot. Your options are to keep it in that small pot and feed accordingly with diluted but more frequent waterings, a technique that works best if you have excellently draining organic soil and use lots of teas and drenches, or transplant into a pot at least twice the size of this one. Bigger pot, more root space, bigger and happier plant should mean better harvest.

What's the largest pot you can offer this plant?

Oh yeah, and light. Lots of light. Surround that plant with light. :laughtwo:

Yeah I'm goin to invest in a larger pot tomorrow, and as for talking to my plant....it's my baby, I'm always getting weird looks off the Mrs for talking to it lol :)

This made me laugh right out loud and lose the hit. It's ok. Small hit. Almost finished. :laughtwo:

My husband used to call me Mother Earth because I was always over at the closet talking to them. Hahaha! I'm so glad he got to watch me do my first grow, and that it was such a good one, before he died. Thanks for reminding me of that. :laughtwo: Now I'll go take that walk with a big smile on my face. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Well, my idea was to keep the plant small, like a meter maximum, but I'll transplant it into a pot that's larger today or Tomo n see how that goes.

What do u suggest about sexing? Cos it's showing 0 signs of being female or male

If you want to keep it small you can supercrop or LST to control that. I'd suggest 5-7 gallons for a finish pot. That seems to be where most are comfortable on the small side.

Unfortunately you're not going to know sex until after you flip to 12/12 lighting. All your work may be in vain if it turns out to be male, but then not really since you now know how to plant and keep alive one of the most beneficial plants on Earth.

Yeh, tbh this plant was more of a spur of the moment experiment that I've got too sucked into, so I'm not that unhappy if it's male, but I will be investing in some demonized auto royal dwarf seeds soon, how will I know it ready to go into flowering?

I'm still learning this myself, since I started with autos. Best I can figure is you're looking at about 2-3 months vegging. It's partly determined by how high you want the plant to get, because you should expect a stretch of about double the height after the flip. You can flip anytime you want. I've seen people do it at a month.

Really? Well it's about 10-11 weeks old now, by flipping I guess u mean changing light cycle?? I might just give it another week or 2 after I repot it then put it under 12/12 :) how long is flowering cycle average?

Typically about two months for photo flowers. You'll begin to notice she's drinking less and beginning to change the pistils to a rust color. At that point you begin to watch trichomes with a good magnifier and harvest when they are appropriate to your needs.

I'm gonna guess by "take" you mean how long will it take then it will take roughly 2 month's if that's not a autoflowering strain. If its not an auto its a photo period plant meaning it has to have the light schedule changed for it to register it's time to flower.

Autos are preset genetically. They're going to sex and flower almost immediately, within the first month for sure. They don't care what you do with the light, they're going to grow and bloom and get to harvest come hell or high water (well, high water would kill them, so avoid that :laughtwo: - sorry, couldn't resist)

The photo flowers need that clue of at least equal time in darkness and light. It's the darkness that makes the big difference. I run my tent on 11/13, so my plants are in darkness for 13 hours. This speeds up their little lives a bit, but it also stunts their growth and gives you less yield, which, believe it or not, suits my purposes right nicely. All my plants in there act like autos because of the light schedule.

IMG_20150831_144938.JPG

Well, I can buy something that will provide more space...but I'd rather not spend yet if it's not necessary. I'm definatly going to need more space next month when I start 3 royal dwarfs as I don't think 3 pots will fit under that space now, thyre only average of 50cm plants but how wide apart do they need to be placed??

You could low stress train this one if you don't want to flip it into bloom quite yet or if you want to keep it in that space, which is already too tight. Get the top over, if possible. Supercropping is also an option. I would anticipate the plant will double in height without some type of constraint.

Back
Top Bottom