New meter

ozric420

Hello all, I am looking to get a new PH and EC meter ,can anyone tell me what they think is the best, I grow in hydro and my Hanna PH pen is not really that great. Thanks .:Rasta:

Thank you PitViper I will check into it,

had bad experience with Hanna...I currently use Milwaukee SM802

what probs did you have PV? i have a hanna and wanna know if i should dump it....

what probs did you have PV? i have a hanna and wanna know if i should dump it....

1st their build quality is atrocious.
second is the gro check wall mount unit is not what they say. you cant leave the probes submerged, water intrusion occurs in the harness. I killed 2 of them in 24 hrs until I called Hanna.

1st their build quality is atrocious.
second is the gro check wall mount unit is not what they say. you cant leave the probes submerged, water intrusion occurs in the harness. I killed 2 of them in 24 hrs until I called Hanna.

thanks Pit. I was gonna buy the SM802 and got talked into the hanna....damn

Should try ECO testr PH 1.......... had GREAT success with it also just an opinion I prefer to have TWO seperate meters...... like the bluelab truncheon for nute meter and an ECO PH 1 for PH Nothin fancy just GOOD OLE RELIABLE METERS......Had a fellow gardner here almost lose her crop due to her NEW space age combo meter crappin out. It lost its ability to give accurate readings( even after she re-calibrated with standards...... she got off the wall readings) so her PH and NUTES were BOTH off.With seperate meters you can at least maintain an one on the other....... Just an opinion. Stay safe and Good Growin
MrCloner420

Should try ECO testr PH 1.......... had GREAT success with it also just an opinion I prefer to have TWO seperate meters...... like the bluelab truncheon for nute meter and an ECO PH 1 for PH Nothin fancy just GOOD OLE RELIABLE METERS......Had a fellow gardner here almost lose her crop due to her NEW space age combo meter crappin out. It lost its ability to give accurate readings( even after she re-calibrated with standards...... she got off the wall readings) so her PH and NUTES were BOTH off.With seperate meters you can at least maintain an one on the other....... Just an opinion. Stay safe and Good Growin
MrCloner420

I'm of the same mind on that score, having 2 separate meters. Especially in the price range we can afford.

Have a very nice combo meter at work, but it cost $750. :whoa:

For what I can afford, $50-$75/meter, I would rather have 2 decent meters and can check both against the very expensive one at work.

DD

MrCloner420

Hey Cloner...or anyone else using the Bluelab Truncheon PPM reader...what scale do you use?
ECx700 or ELx500
The instructions are a little vague...

I got this from the website, it makes it a little clear!!

EC and CF are the only two absolute scales of conductivity, however the USA mainly uses the ppm 500 scale (also known as TDS). The UK mainly uses the ppm 700 scale.

That has to do with the formula used to calculate the TDS readings. The 500 is typically thought of as the US scale, and the 700 as the metric/UK scale. Its important that your meter is calculating the TDS the same way as the people who came up with the feeding schedule. The two readings can be off by as much as 40% some times.

Edit: Yeah, I didn't read the above post clearly before I hit reply, so its mostly a re-run.

Sorry:roorrip:

Back
Top Bottom