New problem with my leafs brown stops someone help!

1stmanny

Hi iam going on week 5 of my grow !! i just notices a new problem, on my one an only Afghan kush ryder lady !! she is doing great but for two leafs that are getting brown spot, looks like the leaf just dead only in some areas, the stem to the leaf looks redish purple, any help will be welcomed!! i will post a few pics of the lady an her ugly bron spots!! an thank you everyone!

IMG_058610.JPG
IMG_058411.JPG
IMG_058313.JPG
IMG_058211.JPG
IMG_058112.JPG
IMG_058010.JPG

Strain - world of seeds Afghan kush ryder .
# of Plants - only one Afghan kush ryder
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - Vegetative
Bucket Size - 10 inchs
Lights - 1 1000 Watt HPS
Nutrients - fox farm
Medium - fox farm ocean
Medium - ??
PH - 6.3
RH - 35-60
Room Temperature -67 to 72
IMG_058112.JPG

Room Square Footage - 5' x 5' grow tent
Pests - None that i know of
sister

Re: new problem with my leafs bronw stops someone help !!

Nice looking plant!

She has a magnesium deficiency. Brown spots, necrosis, and purple stems are all signs of it. Timing is just about right too. She is using more mag now that the bud swell stage has started.

Get yourself a good mag supplement quickly, use during every water. She will be fine.

Yep, Yard is absolutely right. I had that issue with some of my bagseed plants. Hurried up and bought some calmag for them. It cleared the brown spots right up. Now as for the purpling stems, as I was told, even with the calmag that may not change. I don't know why it doesn't but it doesn't but my plants are fine otherwise.

Aaaaaaaah, just remembered I am out of calmag now!!!!!! Oh and thought I would ask how your temps are running? I was told that could cause purpling stems or could be genetics of your plant, not saying it is but was told it could also be a reason.:cheer::cheer::cheer:

So what is your plan of action? Keep us posted..update with some pics too if you can.

Hi Everyone !! I pick up the Calmeg today!! iam planning on using it tomorrow. i have two more auto flower that are flowering, an are showing the same rust spots, i guess iam treating all of my ladys tomorrow!! i gave them there scheduled feed of tiger bloom an big boom, i was happy to see them growing so fast, Afghan kush ryder was the first to show rust spots, but she still looking good!! is really dark green in color, i will upload a few pics, Should i remove the the leafs that are really brown??? or leave them there??

Good job! I would say if over half of the leaf is brown go ahead and pluck. They never get better but if part is still healthy and green, it's still storing food that will be needed later. Opinions vary though.

Keep us updated!

Good job! I would say if over half of the leaf is brown go ahead and pluck. They never get better but if part is still healthy and green, it's still storing food that will be needed later. Opinions vary though.
Keep us updated!

I usually do that as well. Good job on getting the calmag, Manny. You know it can also be used as a foliar spray. I use to alternate between watering and spraying, the days I didn't water I would spray.:cheer:

In a pinch you can always use a teaspoon or epsom salt in 1 gal.dist/RO water. I give 4oz 3x a day. This every other day 2-3 times over aweek. Reduce or check your nuit`s if your going heavy on the N for growth it will cause this. The Epsom is not realy a salt but buffered/chleated form of magniseum suppliment. It is easily absorbed and why it is used for soaking feet or bath water for people. The plant will get back what it needs and this will flush out easily after 3 dose`s. Watch your nuit`s and every plant in grow will react differently to same amounts, so the right mix for some is to "hot" for other`s. She will be fine, dont love it so much!!! Talk dirty and slap her a round alittle!! PEACE :420:

Forgot, in the grow room selection a top of page. Go to fequintly asked questions and click. The first line has cannabis plant and cure picturial link. It TOTALY explains everything about nuit`s and have pic`s so YOU can match up for self. This is good for anyone newbbie or for re-fresher course. Where your giving enough N-P-K there may be alot of un-used of these three that shutting out mag and cal. then the next is iron. So now how to introduce to plants with out any MORE N-P-K. Look in to foliar/ leaf spray misting/ you can run lower nuit levels in soil but make up for it in misting leaves with dilute mix. Dont drown them just mist and nothing builds in soil.

Back
Top Bottom