New to the community

pacedout

Well I'm also a new grower. I have the usual questions and usual probs. Although my first harvest was not a huge yield, the potency was through the roof. I'm trying to figure out if 1 400 watt setup is going to do it for a 5"x3" area. (I may expand the grow space depending on what I hear.) I'm thinking of picking up a couple Sun system 250/400 all-in-ones. What do you guys think? I just finished my last grow and am anxious to start #2. Any input will help. Thanks guys and keep Oregon green!

Hi pacedout and welcome to 420,
In my opinion the 400 is a little small for a 5'x3' area a 600 would be better I think. If you do indeed have a 5"x3" space then youll be better off growing a small cactus. If you used a 400 it would be possible if you used the scrog method in conjunction with a light mover system, with only slightly less yield than the 600.
Good luck with your future efforts and I know youll be glad you found this forum its full of good knowledgable friendly growers who are happy to help others.
Regards
Dutch

Hey Dutch, thanks for the input and the welcome. Ive already found a ton help here, this is THE best community ive found, just a good fit i guess. Anyway, ive revamped and am going to go 4sq.x51/2h. I was wondering if you had any pix of a good scrog. over tree. This is one of girls. She was done under a 600hps. 35 day veg and70 bud.
IMG_20130513_112717.jpg

If your doing a 2'x2'x5' box, that's what Im using with a 250hps and a couple cfl's. Heres a pic of my last scrog in this setup.
grow_2_blueberry_white_update.jpg
In veg stage
ripe_001.jpg
End of flower.
This is only how I do it, there are a lot of other ways to scrog with similar results, I find the 'tuck under method' the easiest as it doesn't involve lst or tying down.
Regards
Dutch

Well dutch, if you were a salesman, you'd have no stock left after that pitch. And I like to think I dont buy in too quickly!haha All seriousness though, this is the exact method that i didnt even know i was looking for. Where im at everyone subscribes to the ol' SOG. The more research ive done, the more positive I am that this is the method im going with. Thanks again dutch, and ill say it again. THE 4:20 COMMUNITY IS THE BEST!

Ok dutch,the new guys back to pick your brain again. I hope you're still around. So im def going with the scrog, i want to slow myself and be realistic so ive decided to go with 600 watts of that pretty red spectrum instead of the dual 400 system. I want to go cfl but feel a little wary. My concern is to get my girls to flower height will take to long. My last grow was all hps, unfortunately i had a problem with the stretch, as you can from illustration A. Another concern is that i want to keep my rotation constant, so having a veg seperate from flower is important, is it a pain to transfer from the nursery to screen. Again dutch many thanks and much appreciation.

What do you mean flower height, Mine are 8 to 10 inches when they flower. Set your screen up to the height that you want them to be a week before flowering. Ive seen 4 inch scrogs with only 2 weeks of veg. I personaly do em 8 inches tall from the pot top to the screen, that leaves me enough room to get under there for watering. If doing a 2 room setup Id set up the screen in the flower room and lst in the grow room to exactly that height then when you change rooms they'll be ready to go. Stretch isn't an issue in a scrog as you have total control of the height by just keeping em under the screen. I wouldn't rekomend bending them any more after week 2 of stretch though as they can get quite brittle. This could be different per cultivar though. Training is best done an hour after watering I find as the plants are more flexible after a good drink. What are the dimensions of your tent again? 2x2 foot? If so a 600 is a bit much, but I bet your yield will be maaaaasive. You will certainly need a good air cooled hood or cooltube to keep temps under control in there. Always a pleasure, and feel free to pick my brains (whats left of them).

Back
Top Bottom