New to the site

Hey everyone, I’m new to the site, been growing for almost two years, growing successfully for almost a year now lol. looking at starting a journal in my near future. Just looking to get familiar with the site and the locals first. I came from a different forum that I knew how to navigate quite well, a bit out of my comfort zone here. It will take a while till I get used to this site. Any tips or pointers for anything you guys are willing to share for this site is more then welcome. Is posting pictures as difficult as the other site? I’m not sure time will tell I guess.

I’m from Canada Alberta, just getting over a nasty winter. Still not over, but I have high hopes! (Or just optimistic).

I built my own grow tent, using 3/4” pvc pipe, furniture grade 3 way elbows, and wrapped it with space blankets, tuck taped all the seams for an air tight closure. Now that my two big girls are finished flowering and I don’t have any plants in there at this time, I would like to tear off the space blanket and put something on a lil more permanent, and sturdier. When I built it I was almost in a pinch to get it finished and used the first thing that was so easily available. I started out with the dimensions of 2’ feet deep, 32” wide, and 4’ foot tall. As my last two girls that finished, grew taller and taller, I ran out of room. Knowing the girls were going to almost double in size when flipped to flowering I was forced to build a platform to sit the tent on and raise it to 5 foot tall. I have some new pvc pipes that are 6’2” long and plan on switching the 4’ lengths out and putting those 6’2” lengths in when I switch the material on my tent. While my last two plants were flowering I started two Jamaican mountain kush to have ready to throw in the flowering tent when my two big girls were finished, it’s king of ironic because one was always a bit smaller then the other one, so I named them Ren and Stimpy. Well, they both turned out to be males, what a waste of time, ohh well it’s all part of the process. So I was forced to build something to house those two plants in, while the other two finished flowering. So I built a 16” inside to inside grow box by 32” wide that sits underneath the tent. Where I have the set up right now I don’t have the room to put those 6’2” pvc pipes in, so that project might be on hold untill I get into a bigger place then I’m in.

So since ren and stimpy turned out to be duds, full blown males. I chopped those down immediately. Left me with nothing to put in the big tent. That sits idle at the moment, but a week or two ago, I germinated two feminized Dark Angel seeds (one was a grunt, much smaller then the other) the grunt never took off but the other did. I then germinated a feminized Blue Cookie seed so the Dark Angel had some companionship. They both are doing fine, sitting in my humidity dome awaiting there glorious uprooting to a bigger pot. Oh I almost forgot, in my tent I have 1000w LED higrow lamp, and for my veg box I have a small 2’ T5 standup light.

Let’s see if I can figure this picture thing out,

More pictures to follow, maybe. Maybe I’ll wait till my journal.

:welcome:to the forum...

I ran out of vertical space in a 5' tall tent, so it's good to see you are building taller.

I'm on the east coast, and while not as frigid as the temperatures you got in Alberta, it's been 5-10°C colder than normal here. Throw in the quick changes from snow to freezing rain, and it's been a real mess.

This is the best and friendliest forum I found. Once again :welcome:.

Back
Top Bottom