Newbie grower - Seedling frozen in time

hashnuggs

Hi, I under stand with out pics it will be hard to help, but i hope to describe and give enough info to get a valid response. :sorry:

I rinsed the coco to 45ppms than did one last rinse but didn't check the ppms after that. I put the seed straight into coco to germinate on monday last week. Seedling broke ground wed last week. It had the seed membrane still stuck on it. I misted it and than removed the membrane with a needle. After that things just froze. One of the seed leafs went down to spread out but its little wrinkled looking. Other leaf is still in the position i left straight up. The stem is green and looks a bit thick for a seedling but it hasn't stretched or moved from braking ground. The real leafs are tiny and curled like a taco and don't seem to be growing. its all green and looks good just looks like its stunted or something?

I haven't watered it since it germinated in the 16 ounce party cup. As the cup is still heavy and it does have holes on the bottom for drainage. It is about 6 or so inches from the t5 6500k. Also I have not used any nutes as everyone says the seed leafs have food. Humidity is 50-58% and temps range from 77-81F.

So I'm wondering if removing the membrane might have shocked it?
Still has ton of water in it could it be stunted by too much water in the coco even though your not suppose to be able to over water it?

Any foresight on this matter would be greatly appreciated! Also forgive me if i left out any details that are needed. Also the strain is Royal queen power flower which not much info on this strain and wasnt able to find a decent grow journal with this strain.

Thanks for the advice John, I moved her up to about 3-4 inchs from the light. Camera is busted and i have wait tell pay check to see if it can be fixed or buy a new which wasn't a cheap camera. Camera on my phone is messed up after a update. So it will be awhile before i can get pics up. I noticed today some growth but it's not from the stem at all. The growth is the 3rd set of leafs or the 2nd set of true leafs? the first set seem stunted and the stem seem stunted. No discoloration on the plant, real pretty green and only a half inch above the medium. Also first set of leafs above the seed leafs are unfolding a tiny bit from the taco they were doing.

@trichomes Thanks for the welcome and I read a ton from people claiming its best to let them grow off and if they don't make they weren't meant to be. Also read plenty who removed it and had good plants. I only have this plant for a long time as my other beans were crushed, so this plant needs to live.

@Anybody who as grown the strain power flower? I have googled/bing the hell out of it with little info. I contacted royal queen couple weeks ago and they were going to hook me up with a grower to answer my questions. Not sure that is going to happen but would love to tap someone's experience who has grown it before?

I believe the seeds are too new of a cross for a lot of growers to have run journals on them yet. Royal Queen Seeds does mention Power Plant in the write up and there have been many journals for this strain they have tried to re create.

This seedling is still alive and still just frozen in growth. I'm wondering if I might not have washed the coco out good enough. Would salt that is in the coir be stunting my seedling? I didn't use hot water to wash my coco out i just rinsed it with a good amount of ph'ed water.

If this is the case can i flush the seedling with florakleen?

The seedling leafs are directly under the first set of leafs which are tiny and haven't grown much and tips are still taco'ed.
the next set of leafs are growing but super slow and they are pretty much right above other leafs. Not upward growing what so ever.

I let it get pretty dry and water and checked the run off. The ppm runoff was around 330 and water going in is 159ppm tap water with ph down in it. The run off was 6.0.

Back
Top Bottom