Albino seedling?

Grandma Weedstein

This Chocolope seedling from a bought seed took a lot longer to sprout that seed from my own crosses last year, and I was about to give up. I was pleased to see the little seedling finally spring up, but the cotyledon leaves look almost white — like an albino. My others have all been green compared to this. Does this have something with its problems germinating and will it recover or is it likely stunted already?
F950B4CC-DDDF-4097-90FF-07CF86F7107F.jpeg

Give it time to open up, I’m guessing it’ll green up once opened.
That's where the seed she'll was covering the leaves it'll green up.
Just as an update, it’s greened up a bit but the edges of the cotyledons still look ragged and discolored. I’ve got 3 of these chocolope seeds left and I’m debating whether to start another one since this guy is acting funny. On one hand, I’d hate to unnecessarily use another expensive feminized seed. On the other, it would suck having to do so in a couple weeks anyway when this poor fucker is obviously stunted.

48E870DA-D4EB-4CA6-AF3B-5500C3FCD2F0.jpeg

It'll perk up Foliar feed it couple of times a week
It’s just building roots, once it starts feeding the Cotyledons will turn yellow and fall off.
So long as she sprouts true leaves, she will grow, she may just be a late bloomer
Bet in a day or two it will be fine. They really only get going when there are a couple more nodes . More leaf more energy to make more leaves etc.
Weirdly, I’ve studied it and it appears to lack any true leaves — others I’ve sprouted had them almost immediately. This thing is deformed so I’ll be starting another one just in case. I’ll keep this one around, though, for science...

It’ll grow out of that awkward stage.
Are you sure? Because I still haven’t, LOL
You got mice? Looks like something has been nibbling on the leaves.
I may have mice but that’s not what’s causing the leaves to be weird looking. They’ve been growing oddly since the beginning. Who knows, maybe this will turn out be an awesome mutation that leads to a super-awesome-radical strain, ala Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Back
Top Bottom