Newbie Here - Purple Kush - Lemon Kush & Unknown Strain Coco SOG

lilith99

Hello fellow growers, we are new to this and have a few soil grows under our belts, decided to try coco. Have some clones (purple kush, and an unknown that we flowered and reverted back to veg and then cloned, and a few lemon kush's straight from seed).

Light:
1000w hps for flowering.
we decided to try the ebb and flow system for the coco, using hydroponic nutes.
We are using a 30 gallon resevoir.
They have been in flower since december 13th (just over two weeks)
all clones were 4-6" in height at the start.
growing in 8oz baskets.

total # of plants 91

christmas_pics_036.JPG

christmas_pics_035.JPG

Re: newbie here, purple kush, lemon kush and unknown strain coco SOG.

will post more pics when the lights come on:thumb:

I am here to see this one. :) Looking good so far!

Ok so we harvested a few unknowns a while back, should have took pics before we chopped em, here is what is left.

420_00310.JPG

Here are some pics taken today
420_0125.JPG
420_0117.JPG
420_00912.JPG
420_00810.JPG
420_0143.JPG

group shot; the taller ones are two weeks flower, the shorter are three days:peace:
420_00712.JPG

Re: Newbie here, purple kush, lemon kush and unknown strain coco SOG.

These are pics of two unknown strands (bag seed) that we started to flower, liked the way they were growing, so decided to mother them.
After all that, we got the purple kush, and the Lemon og kush, so we put them back into flower. they are HUGE!!! (5 or more feet tall)

bath_tub_048.JPG

these are the tops.
bath_tub_043.JPG

after three weeks flowering
bath_tub_048.JPG

trying to fix these claw leaves... any suggestions?
bath_tub_042.JPG

bath_tub_044.JPG

With the photos taken under the HPS it is hard to tell what may be the cause of the curling. I did notice some spotting. Try to get some pictures just before or after lights out and it will help dictate the problem. Also need a basic run down of fed schedule and ferts used would be helpful. Also temps and RH. PH if you have that as well.

the claw leaves are a very dark green, I read somewhere that it could be too much N, which would make sense,as they were still getting grow formula until today.
Now they are getting 10ml per gallon each bloom A/B plus 15ml Cal mag every day. The claw leaves are worse at the top, and dissapear towards the bottom.
After three says of flush of course.

Could be a heat or water issue.... What is the temps at the top of the plant?

the spotting IS a spider mite problem I am currently battling. I was told that a mister in the room helps anyone know if this is true?

the heat is 72 day time 63 night time it is a big room and if anything, cold would be the problem, but the coldest my room gets is 60

I am guessing that the problem is a nute toxicity or over watering.

nute toxicity is likely. The benefits of coco is it is nearly impossible to over water as the coco does not absorb water, rather it runs through it so if you do over water, it goes through the medium in a matter of seconds.

I would back down the nutes and flush the coco.

Hey lilith
Im Subbed in on this. A little help with your curling. You were right before N tox makes leaves dark green and curl under. But so does over watering and root rot. I know this because I have had all 3 before.

At this level you wont get the leaves straightened out but you can flush the coco as you say to remove any unused nutes and built up salts. But dont think you cant over water coco because you can and its that whole "you cant overwater coco" myth that gave mine root rot. Have a smell of the roots, if they smell like crap you prob got root rot, I re-potted in early flower to sort that once and it worked for me.

As for curling if you not got root rot then you defo got too much N especially Nitrate N in your medium , so flush it out and as wait for the medium to dry again before another water, after that start a feed again at 1/4 usual strength. If the problem continues the buds will grow really stretched and mongy and will cut the harvest in half.

Hope you get it sorted, just chill on feeding and watering so often, I Just learnt all this the hard way from believing you cant over water coco when coco hold water really well, as well draining excess.

Hello JBC420, If it is root rot, would only some, or all of the roots be rotted? The two plants get about 2 liters of water a day and are in 1.5 gallon containers (actually dollar store bathroom garbage bins with holes drilled in the bottom) even with this small amount of water, i get quite a bit of run off (half to a full + liter for the two of them) and i test the coco the same way I do for soil which is stick my finger a+s deep as it will go and if it is dry then i water. Because of the run-off and the hps bulb, it requires watering every day in the "morning"

Tactical: Yes I did flush
them and started them on a weak nute regimine with the right nutes. I will let everyone know if this was the problem.

Yeah they will feel better after a flush.
If you only water when the pot is dry then its not over watering. But if you water 2l an 1l comes out the bottom, then dont feed 2 litre. You only need 10% run off at best otherwise your constantly emptying your medium of any environment its trying to build up.

When I grew in coco and followed their instructions of watering and feeding everyday I ended up with leaves like that. In the perfect environment with great airflow then they might need watering everyday, especially in flower. But if your constantly watering with feed and pH down your constantly raising you EC and giving the plant too much Nitrates, hence cupped leaves from the margin.

When I treat coco like soil rather than how canna suggest (to use as many of their nutes as possible) I get great results.

Back
Top Bottom