Newbie needs experienced grower help - Which carbon filter and fan should I get?

Tmac23

My tent is 48x24x60 which ventilation setup should I get the 4" or 6" setup I'm running a 600w dimmable hps

81w8P5A0k2L_SL1500_.jpg

i got away with a 4" setup in the same size area with a 600w hps. temp was a bit of a prob in that small space with a 600 but i was able to hold around 27-28c with the lights on. it did work a little better with the 400w. the problem i had with tent was the heat in such a small space with my light. i ended up turning the whole room into my grow with a size of 12x15x6 feet. i am running 2x600w and 1x400w in this room with my 4in inline fan and it works very well, but the more ventilation the better.i should also mention it is a basement setup where it is naturally colder. if it was a main floor setup i would run my 8" to deal with the heat.this is just my experience based on my setup.

My advice is to purchase a 4in carbon filter. I have the same size space and I have to say that a 6in filter would really be in the way of the lights.

Now when it comes to the fan the thing you want to pay attention to is the cfm rating of the FILTER, you don't want to run the fan at higher cfm than the filter is rated for or smell may get through.
That being said, if heat is gonna be an issue, you may want to get a big fan and use the speed controller.

That's what I did. In my case, the phresh 4in is rated at 200cfm. I got myself a 6in fan rated at 350cfm and use the controller to run it at about 40%.

For me the 6in fan is a little bit overkill. I could run the fan higher. But I use leds and don't really have heat problems.. You, however, may have those problems. So I would still recommend the 6in.

Oh and just to make it clear why I got the 6in.. Most 4in inline fans are not rated at 200cfm. So if I had got the 4in I wouldn't have been able to run the fan at 200cfm, which is probably what you want to do.

Back
Top Bottom