Newbie Question re: Male/Female - What to Do

Given2Fly

What's up, everyone? I am a new grower in southern California. I ordered ten feminized seeds a few months back and was pleased when I got seven to sprout and grow. All seven are doing well and are varying sizes but its looking to me like all but two of my 'feminized' plants are actually male. They sprouted on or around June 10th.

They are flowering and producing pollen. That makes them male, right? One of the two that are not yet flowering looks like a certain female while the jury is still out on the second. I have posted a couple photos.
image31020.JPG
image210000.JPG
image110012.JPG

Here are my basic questions:

1) are these flowering plants definitely male? If so, should I throw them out? That's the most common advice I'm seeing. I've already moved my potential females away from them.

2) is there anything useful that a newbie like me can do with the males?

3) is it worth the time and trouble to contact the seed company from which I bought the seeds and ask for replacements? I can understand a couple males ending up in the mix, but all but two?!

Thanks in advance!

That first plant is definitely a male, and any others that look like that will be as well. Best to put a garbage bag over them and chop them.

Not sure where you bought your seed but you couldn't have been given "feminized" seed, even regular seed you are likely to get 50/50 mix unless you were severely unlucky.

Unfortunately, they all look like males. The first one is definitely, but the other two are harder to tell from the pictures. There isn't much you can do with males. Some people used to/do? make hash from them, but you get VERY little from them, and I would just recommend chopping them and starting over.

As for contacting the seed company, you have nothing to lose! I would talk to them and try out a different strain. If they're selling hermie/regular seeds as feminized seeds, they probably want to do right by you.

Back
Top Bottom