Newbie question

xbrandonx

I'm trying to grow for the first time. Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of a large space to set up any kind of lights or anything, and too many people come in and out of my apartment, and I'm not trying to set off any alarms with people. So, I threw a few seeds in between wet papertowels to germinate (or whatever), and planted what showed up into potting soil in styrofoam cups. They've been on the windowsill for about a wweek now, and they're a few inches tall, with about 6 small leaves each. I know this probably won't produce much at all, but it's what I have to deal with. Plus, I figure sometime in the future I'll be able to do more (as I have like a half ounce of seeds)....Anyways, the stems are purple. Is that good, bad, or what? Does it really mean anything? Will they turn green once they get older and thicker? The leaves are bright bright green.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-B

this site i full of great help but you gotta be willing to sit down at the computer for hours and read. there are so many ways to hide your plants in a night stand closet, etc. out of sight means outta mind for every one else. no one can tell you what set up will work for you its tryal and error right know

Thanks for the suggestions. I have upgraded slightly. I got a 100 watt flourescent bulb (one of those "pure daylight" deals). I've sectioned off a piece of my closet and wallpapered it with alum. foil. So now i have the plant under light 12 hours a day with the alum. foil.

Am I going in the right direction?

man you should use 18/6 light cycle for your veg stage. then when you are ready to flower then put the light on 12/12... just a suggestion. good luck with your grow...

sorry forgot the foil will create hot spots on your babys.. go to your local wall mart , kmart. or any where that sells camping supplies they should sell emergency campling blankets they work fine as a reflective material. the blankets are cheep too (2.00) or so.

LocAL BoI said:
sorry forgot the foil will create hot spots on your babys.. go to your local wall mart , kmart. or any where that sells camping supplies they should sell emergency campling blankets they work fine as a reflective material. the blankets are cheep too (2.00) or so.

Never knew this im going to wallmart tonight then. THANKS!! :headbanger:

Back
Top Bottom