Newbie to HPS/MH lights - Help a lady out?

ashwee

Ok y'all, ive been growing with a mars hydro light but I'm just not getting the yield, and growth I want. Im going to flower in a 3x3 tent (however I can move my clone set up, a 2x4 closet space, to the 3x3 tent if it gets too hot).
Im either going to go with a 250w or 400w hps set up. it doesn't have to be stealthy or anything just cool. I don't have much money and am trying to save where I can I'm going for 200$ or under.

questions:
1. How come with some hps set ups it only comes with an hps bulb and not an MH? Is it because that set up only can run a hps bulb and others can run both?(dumb I know)
2. With a 250w bulb can I get away with running a duct fan and not an inline fan?(inlines are sooooooo expensive)
3. Can a 400w run in a 3x3 tent with becoming to hot if proper inline fans are inplace? or should I scrap the 3x3 tent for the 400w and swap clone setup closet for tent?

I will post questions more as they come to me!

hi Ash, I'm here to help & good questions,

check out the phillips 315w cmh bulb, it has low heat and full spectrum

Answers:
1. hps bulbs use digital ballasts and mh use magnetic ballasts and bulbs cant be interchanged
2. yes a ducted fan is fine
3. yes u can run a 400w in tent with exhaust fan and keep clones in closet :peacetwo::hookah:

hi Ash, I'm here to help & good questions,

check out the phillips 315w cmh bulb, it has low heat and full spectrum

Answers:
1. hps bulbs use digital ballasts and mh use magnetic ballasts and bulbs cant be interchanged
2. yes a ducted fan is fine
3. yes u can run a 400w in tent with exhaust fan and keep clones in closet :peacetwo::hookah:

LEC 315 is out of her price range.

1. Most newer, digital ballasts can run MH or HPS bulbs. They will specifically say if they can do this. Otherwise assume they only run whatever the description says.
2. I personally would use an air cooled hood and use one duct fan to pull air from the tent. Carbon filter with ducting to the air cooled hood, then from the air cooled hood ducting to the fan then exhaust it wherever you like.
3. Yes, I personally would recommend getting a 600 watt dimmable HPS/MH ballast. You can get a cheap Apollo setup new with everything you need (reflector, ballast, lights, timer, rachet hangers) for less than $200 on Ama zone. With this setup you can run at 300/450/600 watts.

Back
Top Bottom