Newbie to inside growing...Killing Seedlings, Please Help

Good morning dude first thing I want you to do is get some domes over them the bottom cut off a pop bottle works great .do you have an ec meter and some root stim also never give superthrive to a seedling in coco they don't like it .coco should never dry out the thin stretchy stems are from the red light we need blue but as you said your on that allready .
Mix up some water with abou 1 mil per litre a&b and half recommended dose of root stim ph 5.8 never over 6 and never under 5.5 water around the edges until you get 10 to 20 % runoff and do this every 2 days hopefully this will sort them but if not give me a shout I've subbed up and we will look into your new 3 beans but please don't use the papper towel method soak over night then straight in coco they don't need a tap root it's to easy to damage

Well that dont sound good because Ive already soaked, paper toweled, and put them in burpee seed starter kit which come with straight coco pellets. The seeds will probably pop out tomorrow or the next day. What kind of root stim do I need? Where do I start from here with the new babies? I know you said get a dome over the one thats dying.

Right when they pop put them in pots like you did with the others then put domes over to keep humidity sky high I never go bellow 60% until I got buds growing and don't let your coco dry also water your coco before you put the baby in it this stops you drowning the tap root get so.e canna rhizotonic it's the best root stim there is in my opinion use half recommended dose on the bottle and 1mill per litre a&b this mix will see you through for atleast 2 weeks then we can up the strength of the a&b .also don't add perlite until we go into bigger pots coco holds 30% air without any .
I got to go work now but any questions just ask and as soon as I get chance I will answer good luck dude may them green gods shine on us all

You've nothing to be sorry for dude and thanks for the reps superthrive is great stuff it just don't like coco and seedlings .

I'll remember that when I go Coco :thumb:
Learning from others' experience is what makes this place great :thanks:

:Namaste:

Guys, I took a picture late last night while we were talking after I put a water bottle dome over the last plant. It's here in the first pic.
IMG_20130923_045743_751.jpg
The second picture is 12 hours later. The meter in the little PC case I sat it in has read 72-76F all day and 50-55% humidity. I have the door off with a humidifyer blowing in there. Still one 23Watt 6500k CFL 4 inches away. I ordered a digital EC tester, digital PH tester +-0.1, and a bottle of the Canna Rhizotonic. Should all be here in 2 days.
IMG_20130923_145336_025.jpg
The third pic is at 12 hours later as well but with the dome off. The leaves look to be coming back down a bit. IS THAT ROOTS that are trying to come out the stem on the left side? The camera wouldn't focuss on the stem itself but they are like pale colored fibers for sure. I had pushed the coco kinda away from the stem before putting the dome on last night and now these are popping out! Whats my next step? Edges of the coco on top drying but I just gave them 1/4 strength Canna-a/Canna-b yesterday evening and the coco underneath is still moist. This is where my biggest problem occurs with the coco. I water until 10-20% comes out the bottom, the lights seem to dry up the top but yet everyone says when the top knuckle deep is dry, you re-water again. Then I get damping off effects and I think I'm over-watering.
IMG_20130923_145957_228.jpg

Aslong as the coco is staying moist under the dome it's fine don't add more water for a couple of days .good job on what you've ordered and if they are roots they will find the coco just be patient

Should I be using the nute mix every time I water? Should I be using nute water in the seedling germination tray while its bottom feeding? When can I introduce those to light?

Yes nutes every watering and the tray add some rhizo when you get it and as soon as the seeds sprout they need light

You said to take these new ones and replant them in bigger pots once they pop up right? Well when I replant do I use the nutes and the rhizo? Also how long before I worry about taking the domes off?

Pot them up when you see about 6 to 10 root coming out the coco pellets and yes that feed mix I said will do you for the first 2 or 3 weeks after pot up and the domes are good till the plant do t fit anymore

This burpee starter tray only has one hole in the bottom of each individual pot and has that cloth under the hole to absorb the water up to the coco. This may sound stupid but do I wait until the roots are trying to go down out that hole or what? One of the new seedlings has popped the seed off the top and is standing up. How close under the cfl(s) should it be? Also how many 23Watt (100W Equivalent) cfl's should I use for the two ladies and should I run 24 hours or 18/6? Sorry man I'm just happy I got two new girls to work on and hope we can get these straight from the start!

Thanks Again

Get the lights as close as you can with leaving the dome over .1 light each should be enough but 2 won't hurt and you need to see a good few root when you lift the coco pellet out normally one will come out the bottom first and as soon as it does some will start to show at the sides this is when you put them in pots I thought I had some pics but I can't find them but basically the more roots you see at the sides and bottom of the pellet the quicker your next pot will fill with root

Get the lights as close as you can with leaving the dome over .1 light each should be enough but 2 won't hurt and you need to see a good few root when you lift the coco pellet out normally one will come out the bottom first and as soon as it does some will start to show at the sides this is when you put them in pots I thought I had some pics but I can't find them but basically the more roots you see at the sides and bottom of the pellet the quicker your next pot will fill with root

Awesome, I got one that's already 1-1/2" tall and the stem looks very healthy! Rhizo came in today. Dosage says the same as A&B, 40ml/10litres, do I just use 1ml/1 litre like we did with the A&B? Just add it to the tray?

Also, what is the correct ppm for all of these three added to the water. I'm showing up with 289ppm, 5.8 pH, this is with all three mixed in water after I set my pH! Am I on the right track?

Sorry you posted while I was typing ph is spot on ppm could come down say 240 but I think it will be sound as is

How would you change the ppm? By adding a little more nutes? I picked up the tray just now to put this mix in and two roots are already an inch out the bottom. This tray does not have holes in the side so I can't see those roots. Is it time to repot? Should I choose a pot that is deep enough to leave these bottom roots room to grow deeper? How deep?
Thanks again man, your a tremendous help!

Sorry you posted while I was typing ph is spot on ppm could come down say 240 but I think it will be sound as is

How would you change the ppm? By adding a little more nutes? I picked up the tray just now to put this mix in and two roots are already an inch out the bottom. This tray does not have holes in the side so I can't see those roots. Is it time to repot? Should I choose a pot that is deep enough to leave these bottom roots room to grow deeper? How deep?
Thanks again man, your a tremendous help!

Back
Top Bottom