Newbie to inside growing...Killing Seedlings, Please Help

Update: One seed didn't ever come up but the other one is a couple inches tall and looks good! Roots are an inch or so out the bottom of the burpee tray and growing across the wick. Looks almost time to transplant in the next day or two. Thanks for your help again Fatty. What should the EC be in the coco I transplant into?

Update: One seed didn't ever come up but the other one is a couple inches tall and looks good! Roots are an inch or so out the bottom of the burpee tray and growing across the wick. Looks almost time to transplant in the next day or two. Thanks for your help again Fatty. What should the EC be in the coco I transplant into?

Morning dude when you pot up I would still use that same mix just add a bit more rhizo .8 ec max .fill your pot with coco water your pot until you have ruoff but do it slow so all the coco is moist leave it for atleast half an hour so any extra water has drained then make a hole for your plant and insert fill around the edges of the plant job done .
Feel the weight of the pot before and after adding water so you know if it's dry in future put your dome over then do nothing for a couple of days

IMG_20130929_220803_665.jpg

I had to visit a family member for a night and when I came home tonight she was looking good. I havent been gone but about 36 hours but it really started taking off. The pan was almost empty of the .5 liter of goods I poured in before I left. I looked under the tray and there are about 6 to 8 roots sticking out that are growing roots! Haha, This is a good thing for me (I'm smiling). I guess tomorrow I'm going to re-pot and see what she does. What's a good time to start adding more lights and at what stage do you want to think about lst or other training methods?

Excellent she looks great dude +reps
Pot up tomoz like you said and add more cfls just keep her under the dome for humidity (which I think was you main problem with the others)as for training we will wait until you got 3 or 4 nodes (sets of leaves ) I'm sure you have already but start having a look at journals which contains lst I can recommend light addicts and there is plenty of others who are super at it .
Good job rooki

How's the littlen dude I feel like an anxious god parent

Oh man, looking good. I haven't had the dome on for a few days because I was told that it didn't really need it. It was looking a little droopy so I took it off and its been fine. 8 leaves and about 4 inches tall. I haven't watered (today makes the third day). The 6" pot still feels kind of heavy and seems still pretty wet. I'm gonna stay in touch with you if you don't mind to find out when to up nutes and see what you think. Also I just received some Ak49 auto flower seeds. Should I follow the same routine as far as nutes or do I do something different? Any advice? Thanks again

Fatty, does the auto flower require 2700k from the start or do you run some 6500k's for the first couple weeks? Or mixed spectrum? Do they run 12/12, 18/6, or 24 hours? What kind of nutes will I need for flowering on the regular girl and the autos? Also do I need to be checking the ppm on the overflow water tonight after feeding? Ph, etc...

I ended up checking everything when I watered. The runoff was very dark and the pH was 7.0, the ppm's was 427. I don't like the looks of that. I have only put in 5.8 and 245. I made sure before I repotted to flush the coco out with water at my pH level then added the 5.8ph water with nutesto it later that day when it had drained out like you said and then repotted. It has looked fine so I don't know what's up with that

Fatty, does the auto flower require 2700k from the start or do you run some 6500k's for the first couple weeks? Or mixed spectrum? Do they run 12/12, 18/6, or 24 hours? What kind of nutes will I need for flowering on the regular girl and the autos? Also do I need to be checking the ppm on the overflow water tonight after feeding? Ph, etc...
18/6 on the lights with 6500k until we get flowers then 2700k.
As for food your using canna a&b which you use the same ones at different measures for flower

The ppm will rise a lttle because the roots havnt filled the pot yet so food around the edge isn't being used yet ph rising is strange though can I have a pic with no lights so I can see the propper color of the plant

IMG_20131004_025010_242.jpg

This is just now after its been in complete dark for 2 hours. I did notice that when I checked my water after I transplanted the other day, the pH was like 6.8. This was the day after I had transplanted and I was going to use the water to mist the plant. Am I supposed to be letting my mix sit for a day or 2 before using and then check the pH again? The plant is looking a little droopy I notice now!

Right looks good to me maybe a little dark in color I think it must benatural buffers in the coco .
This is how I mix my nutes I fill bucket from tap then leave 24 hours then add nutes and root stim then leave for about an hour ph adjust wait 20 mins a recheck then use .
Don't worry here dude it's all looking good just halve your nute and root stim strength so about 150 ppm the droop is it sleeping but don't water now for a couple of days

Right looks good to me maybe a little dark in color I think it must benatural buffers in the coco .
This is how I mix my nutes I fill bucket from tap then leave 24 hours then add nutes and root stim then leave for about an hour ph adjust wait 20 mins a recheck then use .
Don't worry here dude it's all looking good just halve your nute and root stim strength so about 150 ppm the droop is it sleeping but don't water now for a couple of days

So on the next watering do about half as much? Make it around 150ppm total?

Thanks for all the advice. She seems to be doing good.
IMG_20131007_240211_210.jpg

What kinds of other nutes am I going to need in the future for this one and the auto flower's? I only have the canna+a, canna+b, and the Rhizo. I thought I read on another thread about you using Big Bud and overdrive?? I seen some other guys talking about CalMag? I would like to go ahead get whatever I need and be prepared! Lol, :thanks:

Morning dude she's looking good .right now for nutes canba a&b is used right till the end and on both auto and non auto plants use in the ratios it ses on the bottle but not the strength let your ec meter tell you the strength .now big bud used from the first sign of buds (the little white hairs) until the end of week 3 this is something I will allways use its full of good stuff like amino acids and the plants seem to love it I've noticed my buds are frostier denser and bigger .overdrive is another top notch product which is used for 2 weeks before end of harvest flush it makes them have a final blast of growth .as I've said from my experience both are very good if I had to choose 1 it would be big bud as they seem to benefit more from the early boost now for cal mag also good does what it ses on the tin but my personal opinion is you do t need it unless you get a cal mag problem which aslong as your ph is correct going into flower you shouldn't but it's good to have some lying around I have

Morning dude she's looking good .right now for nutes canba a&b is used right till the end and on both auto and non auto plants use in the ratios it ses on the bottle but not the strength let your ec meter tell you the strength .now big bud used from the first sign of buds (the little white hairs) until the end of week 3 this is something I will allways use its full of good stuff like amino acids and the plants seem to love it I've noticed my buds are frostier denser and bigger .overdrive is another top notch product which is used for 2 weeks before end of harvest flush it makes them have a final blast of growth .as I've said from my experience both are very good if I had to choose 1 it would be big bud as they seem to benefit more from the early boost now for cal mag also good does what it ses on the tin but my personal opinion is you do t need it unless you get a cal mag problem which aslong as your ph is correct going into flower you shouldn't but it's good to have some lying around I have

OK so I'll order me some Big Bud then. I have to feed again tomorrow. I'm guessing that will tell us when to start uping the nutes? I'm going to set the ppms down to 150 like we talked and I'll check the pH of the runoff along with the ppm's. Its almost time to start fimming too right? Or lst

Back
Top Bottom