Nice to meet you

Hichhiker

Morning all. Exuse my lack of proper name, but it should be understandable why don't use it, so until further notice, hich should be fine. I'm 19 now, in my second year of college and doing well at it. I started smoking a few years ago at a close friend's birthday party from a wonderful little scorpion pipe. From there things have only gotten better.
You see, I have this thing with my brain, it's both very good and very bad, I've got an IQ in the 140's but other portions of my brian don't really work all that well. Mostly the parts that handle language skills and recognition. My IQ can componsate for all my deficencies so one would not notice anything odd about me right off the bat. But it makes day to day things such as carrying on a conversaion very taxing, I like to use the analogy that I'm like a car thats going 70 in first gear. Hitting the pipe sort of settles my mind and lets me slow down. My ability to talk is still rather shoddy, but it's no longer tiresome to do so. Also, because my brain is no longer working so hard to do simple things, it's actually a lot easier for me to think.
Besides the physical reasons why I smoke, there's also the enjoyment factor of it, it's really just a fun thing to do. Because of the people I started spending time with I've become more and more engrossed with hippy culture as well, and I sort of tend to come across as a modern day hippy more often than not. Music, clothing, atitude, all of it just seem to intrest me. So yeah, I'm the kind of person that likes to hang with friends, get "right and proper" then just chill listening to the Dead or Alman Brother's Band. Because of my love for the pipe and for music I've also taken up playing the bass in the last year and have been practising tirelessly to learn my favorites.
Right now though I'm in a wee bit of a bind. Most of my smoking friends have gone off to other schools or joined the armed forces, or left on a walkabout, or etc. So I'm sorta here just to get to know some other green friendly people, talk about our favorite little plant, learn some new things, and make some friends.

Welcome to 420 hitch! Its a great place to hang out. i have brain problems as well :cheesygrinsmiley: but i don't have the iq to make up the difference :laughtwo: I hitchiked all over the states back in the 70's. I never had a bad experience with another human. Weather... yes.
:passitleft:
Anyway, nice ta meet ya.

I've always wanted to go hichhiking, never actually have though, ah well, I'm still young. Thanks for the welcome.

Hi Hich, welcome to the boards. Lots of good info and good people here. Please keep posting!!!

Welcome, welcome, welcome!!!

The wonderful state of Maine, the only state in the union who's population is decreasing as our wildlife reserves keep getting bigger! /sarcasm

Hichhiker said:
I've always wanted to go hichhiking, never actually have though, ah well, I'm still young. Thanks for the welcome.
I really wouln't recommend hitchiking anymore. Its just not safe nowdays. Maybe in europe, not sure.
:cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom