No Signs of sex

4iLLEsT2bTCH0

hey guys!! i have 3 plants that i put into flowering on december 1st. its been 10 days and still no signs of sex on ANY of them. i kno it hasnt been 2 weeks yet but im really worried about y this is happening bc i really was expecting to see pistols or SOMETHING by now. anybody kno y this might be going on? also all three plants have some yellowing and browning spots on the leaves. ive done alotta reading about it and almost every thread about this they all have the same symptoms but the causes are all different. the biggest one has them the worst and the other two arent that bad. any insight on what might be causing this? i think i can rule out over ferting, im very cautious about it and almost positive i havent been giving them too much. thanx in advance.

Well I have no idea if anything I'm about to say is factual or will help you in any way but...when I had a few plants that wouldn't show sex I first made sure I didn't have a small light leak then introduced them to a extended dark period like a 36 hour dark period. It seemed to help with my plants but who knows for sure. It couldn't hurt to try it IMO but please ask one of the others about thier thoughts on it before you do.

Sounds like they could be rootbound. How big are the pots they are in.. and how long have they been in them?

If they are rootbound they will take a very long time to show sex. It will also cause yellowing + drooping + dying leaves..

Peace
MC

Thanks alot guys!!! the pots are way too small... i kno they are, but i lost my job recently and $$ is tight right now. i am workin now but not makin very much and when i did go to get soil they had replaced everything with christmas stuff so now i have to wait till next week to get the soil and thats even if they have it. dont worry tho i have new pots waiting for them as soon as i can get the soil. :bong:

Solution to the bigger container problem--dumpster diving.
Check the dumster in the back of home depot for empty 3 to 5-gal. containers. Or ask painters.
Plant nurseries will usually give away used planters, for free.
If you score some that way, be sure to remove any foreign materiel, wash with a solution of 1 cup bleach per gal./water, and rinse throughly.
If you use paint container's, drill six to ten 1/2" holes in the bottom and about that many on the sides 1" up from the bottom. Fill the lower 2" with gravel before adding soil.

Males express sex 1st, within the 1st 14 days after 12/12. Females buds become noticable after 3 weeks.
If you don't see anything within 3 weeks, you've got a light leak.
I've seen instances where that little red light on a power strip prevented flowering.
A friend of mine told me his plants weren't flowering after 3 weeks; turns out he was peeking in on them during the off cycle. Don't interrupt the dark cycle.
If you must peek during the off cycle, turn off all other lights and use one of those GREEN led keyring flashlights they sell at 7-11 etc. It's gotta be green.

4iLLEsT2bTCH0 said:
...i put into flowering on december 1st. its been 10 days and still no signs of sex on ANY of them.

Patience my friend. :bongrip: One of the great lessons learned from gorwing MJ.

If you wait until sexual maturity (off-set nodes) then they show sex faster. And depending on strain it could take a month to show. Let us know what happens. Peace.

i dont have a meter. so i dont check the ph levels.

well i kno there arent any light leaks, when i set the area up i sat back there with the lights in the room on and the grow lights off just to see if there would be a leak and it is COMPLETELY dark back there. i even double checked when they brought that up. i think the problem is that theyre rootbound. i get paid on thursday so im gunna go and get some soil and transplant them then. wish me luck guys!!!

you kno i was wondering if those would work, but i wasnt sure and thought it too dumb of a question to ask. i live with my boyfriend and his parents and his father has a test kit for the pool to test the chlorine levels. ill have to do some digging in the shed for the kit and make sure thats what its used for. and thanks i will keep everyone updated. this is my first grow and i was gunna make a journal but decided against it bc i kno im not doing everything exactly right due to shortened funds, and i didnt want everyone sayin anything about it, even tho i kno their intentions would be good. thanks alot!!

well you all asked me to keep u posted, so here it is. i went to walmart today and got some soil... the name is Expert Gardener, the same brand as my nutes. so anyway, all they had besides that was miracle grow and i read what they have in there and it sounds pretty good to me. compost yada yada perlite, stuff like that, dont remember exactly everything. i also took blowin endos advice and i looked in the pet section and what do ya kno? they have ph regualtor, so i got that too. it keeps the ph at 7.0 which from what i read is alright. does anyone see any problems with this? if so let me kno bc im gunna feed them when i transplant and i want to make sure that ph regulator is ok. thanks again guys!!! i hope this works!!

A PH regulator? Never heard of it. 7 is neutral. Cannabis likes it slightly acidic. That means you want the PH slightly lower than 7. I'd say around 6.0 -6.5 for soil and 5.3 to 6 for hydro. But these are only estimates to use as guidelines. With PH 1 point (say 6 to 7) is 100 times. So a PH of 6 is 100 times more acidic than a PH of 7. That's why a little rise or drop in PH can make such a big difference when growing.

thanks for the advice but there really isnt anything i can do now, i mean, i have no way to lower it any more than 7, so i dont kno what to do about it. thats all they had, i mean i thought 7 was a lil high bc the number i usually see for it is 6.5 but i figured it would be ok. i forgot to say that the brand name is Wardley Essentials bullseye 7.0 Neutral ph regulator. can it hurt to try? i think it might help if say the ph of the water i use is high ya kno? i mean i use fresh spring water from the cooler we have, and i add a lil bit of tap just for the minerals im not sure are in the bottled water. anyway i want to get this done and over with, so i need to find someone with a drill i can use to drill holes in the bottom of the buckets. i kno my boyfriends friend has one but im not sure if hell let me use it or not so i have to call him.

I'm new at this, but I read on another website that the plants (during Bud Cycle) treat minor light leakage as tho it's moonlight such as out in nature, and that it's nothing to worry about. Any comments?

When a plant is put into darkness it produces a flowering hormone(the name escapes me right now) This flowering hormone is at its strongest when its the darkest. The more light there is the less of this flowering hormone is present to a point to where it no longer is enough presence to promote flowering and the plant reverts back to vegetative growth. Yes it's possible to flower a plant with a small light leak but remember...the darker it is the fuller the plant is into the flowering cycle which means a faster flowering period, earlier harvest and bigger yield. The more light there is the less hormone is present which means a extended flowering period and fluffier smaller buds. Plus outdoor growers gets 1, maybe 2 if they know how, crops a year. Part of that is due to outside light sources like car lights, streetlights and the moon. Indoor growers who practice strict light regimes can get up to 5 or even 6 crops a year depending on strain.
I'm not saying that other website is wrong but I myself would rather have 5 or six "bumper" harvests a year rather than 2 or 3 mediocre ones.

4iLLEsT2bTCH0 said:
thanks for the advice but there really isnt anything i can do now, i mean, i have no way to lower it any more than 7, so i dont kno what to do about it. thats all they had, i mean i thought 7 was a lil high bc the number i usually see for it is 6.5 but i figured it would be ok. i forgot to say that the brand name is Wardley Essentials bullseye 7.0 Neutral ph regulator. can it hurt to try? i think it might help if say the ph of the water i use is high ya kno? i mean i use fresh spring water from the cooler we have, and i add a lil bit of tap just for the minerals im not sure are in the bottled water. anyway i want to get this done and over with, so i need to find someone with a drill i can use to drill holes in the bottom of the buckets. i kno my boyfriends friend has one but im not sure if hell let me use it or not so i have to call him.

you'll get better stuff at an actual pet shop or a hydro store for your ph problems.. they have ones that can increase and decrease the ph rather than just neutralizing it... good luck.. if you dont have easy access to a drill, you can use an old knife or a big screwdriver to put holes in the buckets... just heat those babies up and poke through.. but a drill would be easiest

yeah lol thats what i did. i didnt get ahold of the kid, so i got sick of waiting and i took a knife and used that. i think they have plenty of drainage now. i love this site so much. i did a lot of reading before i started this and i love how helpful u all are!! and im getting more and more active on this site. i didnt think you would be as helpful to me as you have been!!! thanks so much guys and ill let you kno if this solves my problem!!!

Back
Top Bottom