No tricomes?

Z3ro

My plant is almost done and it's got nice size buds but they are not sticky at all and I see no frost. Her sister finished a couple weeks earlier and turned out perfectly normal. Jack Herer Fem auto flower. Should I even bother harvesting it or is it a waste of time?

Re: No tricones?

pictures would help, and I would think you would want to try to figure out why this happened before you give up on it. I take it this plant is not an auto... how old is it and what type is it? How long should it take to grow?

Jack Herer Fem auto flower

Other that the complete lack of sticky frost it appears perfectly normal. Crop King seeds so I'm confident in it's genetics. And her sister who finished a little earlier in the same grow was perfect. Same lights, same soil, same water... everything. Planted around December 20th and has about a fifty day life cycle from seed to harvest. Less than a week left on this judging by the little hairs turning color.

31875.JPG
22352.JPG
16676.JPG

Well.... sideways. Hmmm.
Will this do?

I am starving her now. Nothing but PH adjusted plain water which is always available in the wick reservoir. Took most of the fan leaves. This is the end for her. I'll cut her down just before the lights come on in a few days, it traps all the starches and sugars in the roots. Her sister made some very nice no choke smoke. This one wasn't topped or anything. Her sister was fimed.

Also flushing her from the top of the soil down to the reservoir with plain PH adjusted water.

Those are some very interesting looking stalks. Is there a way to possibly finish them out and hopefully make some oil from the resins in the undeveloped seed pods? Seems like a wasted effort to just give up now without trying something else.

Good luck buddy

Yeah it went really purple for some reason. I'll let it play out and see what happens.

agreed! Those little cfl's arnt giving off near enought light for a plant that size.

You can't tell from the pic but I have 12 twenty three watt CFL up there. It's crazy bright. 1200 watt incandescent equivalent drawing only 276 watts all together. I swapped out a few of my other house lights out for high efficiency bulbs and I've had no noticeable difference in my power use.

That is alot of cfl light but they do not have a great deal of penatration power.. you would benifit from a well trained scrog growing with this style lighting keeping them close to a level canopy . Looks like you have room for some nice cola's in your cab have you thaught of a 400w hps in a cooltube i bet it would more than quadruple your yield in there.?

That is alot of cfl light but they do not have a great deal of penatration power.. you would benifit from a well trained scrog growing with this style lighting keeping them close to a level canopy . Looks like you have room for some nice cola's in your cab have you thaught of a 400w hps in a cooltube i bet it would more than quadruple your yield in there.?

I'm not concerned with yield. Two plants make more than enough for all my needs. I picked CFLs because they are cheap, I can swap a few bulbs to adjust the spectrum and losing one bulb is no big deal. I can shut the door on this and walk away for almost a week if I need to. If I made the water reservoir bigger I could leave it alone for a month. I also never re-potted and only fertilized a couple times. Most of the feed was slow release in the soil. Anyway, I built it to run itself as much as possible. My other duties don't allow me to hang around and train plants. I actually missed my window for topping plant two so I just let it grow naturally. Final weights will be interesting. FIM vs grow wild.

Back
Top Bottom