Noob with questions!

Den Master 60

420 Member
Hey All,

For the moderator!
If I put this in the wrong place let me know!

On with the show!

OK for the run down.

ME NOOB!

Growing for self medical yes I'm legal here in Maine.

My first EVER grow!!

First I used El Cheapo potting soil from Walmart. Maybe wrong but I can't get Fox Farms here I would pay damn near double for it with the ship charge! I had a hard time finding anything without the timed release nutes.

Next I learned NOT to buy seeds from buydutchseeds.com!

Next after more than half of the seeds I got never germinated I got 3 out of 10 seeds growing (Jock Horror feminized)
The ten I got for free 90% germinate and grew. Still waiting to see if female or male!
They were put in flower stage about 1 week ago.

About 2 weeks ago I bought some Blue Aussie seeds at Amsterdam online.
They are growing pretty good.

I'm having a problem:

I have about three plants that the leaves are curling under! Thought it was PH causing it but PH is at 6.9-7.1. All the others are fine and doing great. Also it seems the top half of the plants are the bad ones and the bottom half is fine.

Using Botanicare Pure Blend Pro grow/bloom kit. Using store bought spring water.

Questions:

1. Remember I'm a noob here! My Blue Aussie plants are on 24 lts. What would happen if I put them under 12/12 lts? The reason I ask is If no harm then I could place them under the same lights with the ones I just put to 12/12 thus saving on E-bill.

2. I understand about hanging your harvest to dry/cure. The question I have is why not just chop it up and put on a piece of paper or something to dry/cure? I figure it's going to eventually find it way to getting chopped up for a pipe or whatever.

Thanks

curling under could very well be overwattering. have any pics?

1) if you put stressed plants into flower you will significantly reduce your yield.

2) people hang becasue its easy, and it dries them slower than chopping them up. (you want them to dry slow)

that said, there is tons of ways to achieve end goal. do what suits you in regards to speed vs quality

Pics always help. Here's how to upload: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

What is 24 lts? I haven't seen this term before.

nibec has you covered on the rest. People also like to hang dry to help the buds take on a nice shape, and I have read on some occasions buds can dry unevenly or even mold when dried on a flat surface. I've seen most growers suggest hanging the buds, or at least drying them on baskets/screens to keep airflow all around the bud.

I have read on some occasions buds can dry unevenly or even mold when dried on a flat surface. I've seen most growers suggest hanging the buds, or at least drying them on baskets/screens to keep airflow all around the bud.

indeed. However, i used to SLLLLOOOOWWWW dry mine by chopping the plant, trimming, then cutting into single buds. and drying them layered in a box. typically small boxes the size of a cigarrette tube box, with holes punched everywhere.

i would take them out of the boxes for 1/2 hour 4 times a day and lightly pack them back into the boxes.

i only had a mold issue once doing this, and it was when i couldnt make it home for an extended period of time.

basically what im trying to get at. is as long as you make sure there is decent air movement and you move them around a fair amount it should be OK.

none the less.. hanging and jar curing is a hell of a lot easier.

I do 20 on 4 off in veg. I'd highly highly recommend hanging them 10-14 days in a stable temp controlled room.
DSC_08992.JPG
DSC_08924.JPG

P1010006_2_.JPG
P1010006_2_.JPG
P101000651.JPG

Hey All

Sorry forgot to add images! DONE

At this point I'm not sure if they are being over watered (every 3 days) or something else is going on.
I'll give them a week without and see if they perk up.

Sounds like hang to dry and mason jars to cure is going to be the easiest!

Sorry for the confusion about 24 lts that's my electrical background talking. Meant to say they are on 24 hours of lights.

The other thing is anyone knows what would happen If I placed my babies in with the adults (flowering stage). Will they try to bloom? Will they die? I'm guessing probably a bad idea but was wondering.

Dutty,

All I have for a light setup is 1 four foot flor. strip light, and 2 utility/shop lights with flor. bulbs.

If I get a chance tomorrow I'll take a couple of pics of lighting.

Back
Top Bottom