Noob with tons of questions

scumfrog

420 Member
Hey all
this is my first time growing marijuana , i have read aloooot, watched alooot ..but still have unanswered questions
a quick brief : ill be growing indoors , soil ,CFL .

1- my first priority is to grow some more seeds, so i bought 10 Dutch passion power plant in regular form , soaked 4 of them in water for 4 days now , only 2 of them popped the other 2 with no signs of popping , are they dead ?
2- i have female seeds of Gorilla girl , is it possible to get males out of females ?
3-when you clone from a female .. do all you get is females ?
4-does it really differ the orientation you put the seed in the soil once it pops ?
5-what is the average temps /humidity that i should try to keep for my plants , i can see lot of variances between growers.
6-

:welcome:to the forum...

1- my first priority is to grow some more seeds, so i bought 10 Dutch passion power plant in regular form , soaked 4 of them in water for 4 days now , only 2 of them popped the other 2 with no signs of popping , are they dead ?
Maybe. Did they sit in water for the four days? Did you put them in water until they sank, and then put them between damp paper towels? What temperature did you try to germinate them at?

2- i have female seeds of Gorilla girl , is it possible to get males out of females ?
Yes. Search this forum for methods to reverse the sex of a branch.

3-when you clone from a female .. do all you get is females ?
Yes

4-does it really differ the orientation you put the seed in the soil once it pops ?
Not really. It may take a few extra days for the tap root to re-orient itself.

5-what is the average temps /humidity that i should try to keep for my plants , i can see lot of variances between growers.
It varies between strains and the stage of growth. Seedlings should be kept warm and humid. After that most are fine if you are comfortable at that temp. Some like colder night temperatures for a few weeks before harvest to fully develop their coloration.

Hi Scumfrog and welcome,
  1. You soaked them in water for 4 days? Usually you don't ever want to exceed 24 hours. Are the two seeds that still haven't popped still in the water?
  2. You should not get any males from the feminized seeds.
  3. Yes. Unless you really stress them out and cause hermi.
  4. Yes. Tap root down. If no tap root most people suggest pointed end down but I have read the opposite as well.
  5. Mid 60's at night. Mid 70's during the day. (I'm not the best person to ask about humidity since I don't monitor it much).

First welcome ;)

Next 2 popped in soak? get them to towel or in to media

and read read read what is the plan?

Your other questions are for later, get your 2 growing

Chart bomb!!!!

Welcome,scumfrog,to 420 !
Most of your questions (so far,for now) have been answered,so I'll just say Good Luck with your grow,
look forward to seeing you around !

On the first chart What do the red and green numbers mean?

You want to stay in the green.
Red is too dry or too wet.
Green is best for proper transpiration.

On the first chart What do the red and green numbers mean?
On both of those charts, each color coded bar is showing the PH range at which each mineral/chemical is taken into the plant optimally. You can be at the upper end or you can be at the lower end of each of those bars and still have it taken up into the plant add a normal rate. If you look closely it says hydroponic range, and then the other chart says soil range. That's why when people say that they pH their water to 5.7 to 5.9 for Hydroponics or to the 6.5 to 6.7 range for soil , they're dialing in their ph, to rule that out in case of an issue.

Did I ramble there, lol?

In other words in soil, if you looked at the 6.5 range and drill line directly across all of the minerals you can see it hits all of the minerals are for indicating that all of the minerals will be taken up at a normal rate. Same thing goes with Hydroponics, if you took a line and drew it directly out from the 5.8 number, almost everything is taking up just the same..... Makes sense?

Lol, Learn something new every day. I've seen that chart before even found myself in the "yellow" zone. I'm in need of a humidifier to get any better.

Vapor pressure deficit.
Do you know much about VPD? if so can you please help me, if I go from the temperature 25c optimal humidity would be 80-65%, however recently ive been trying to get away from 60%RH because I heard it promotes mold and mildew during last weeks of flowering and to preferably to drop it to 45% in the last two weeks. What should I do? keep my humidity at 60 and 25c and get good vpd or keep trying to drop it to 45% (1 plant in scrog 2 fans above canopy and 1 below) Sorry if I rambled abit.

Once you get to the first two weeks for flower you should lower it to 50% rh. If you have dense buds ,even lower to 40%.

Do you know much about VPD? if so can you please help me, if I go from the temperature 25c optimal humidity would be 80-65%, however recently ive been trying to get away from 60%RH because I heard it promotes mold and mildew during last weeks of flowering and to preferably to drop it to 45% in the last two weeks. What should I do? keep my humidity at 60 and 25c and get good vpd or keep trying to drop it to 45% (1 plant in scrog 2 fans above canopy and 1 below) Sorry if I rambled abit.
How are you getting your RH so high....with a humidifier?

How are you getting your RH so high....with a humidifier?
Im struggling to keep it down, Im averaging around 60-55rh - which im guessing is not good. Bought a demhumidifer and its done pretty much nothing. Ive got like 4 fans in the tent to try and reduce the chance of mold :(

Yeah you definitely want to try and keep your relative humidity lower as flower reaches the Midway point...... I just wondered why and how yours was so high? Is it just a humid basement or something?

What kinda space are you growing in?

Yeah you definitely want to try and keep your relative humidity lower as flower reaches the Midway point...... I just wondered why and how yours was so high? Is it just a humid basement or something?

What kinda space are you growing in?
Im trying as hard as I can but to no avail, In a grow room 60x60x170cm and just fits into the cupboard. Bought a dehumidifier but I don't know what else I can do

Im trying as hard as I can but to no avail, In a grow room 60x60x170cm and just fits into the cupboard. Bought a dehumidifier but I don't know what else I can do
What are you doing for air exchange? You're running a carbon filter and exchanging air, correct?

Back
Top Bottom